Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 4 (Official Thread)

iPhone 4 (Official Thread) (Page 8)
Eyenigma
Jun 24, 2010, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
...that its a software bug and shouldn't actually affect performance, and that they are working to fix it ASAP.
You're right - I haven't actually purchased one yet. But can you blame me?

To say it doesn't affect performance when the videos CLEARLY show it dropping calls? Perhaps you're not actually acknowledging that those indeed are real and well verified.
That doesn't sound like an algorithm issue to me. Hell, Apple has even confirmed it's not a software issue. So as for a fix coming, don't hold your breath.

Originally Posted by Apple
If you experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.
Really? Their phone doesn't work as it should so you need to change the way you hold it? Un-freaking-believable. But hey, just so I'm not accused of trolling... if it works for you and you're happy... to each their own.

Also, lets not forget - if this were some obscure way people held the phone that wasn't natural, it'd be a non issue. But if you hold the phone in your left hand (as many do) and use it as a normal device, you get the issue.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 24, 2010, 09:13 PM

I'm surprised Steve said that, shocked actually. But I'm sure this news will reach a boil by tomorrow midday, then Apple will provide some solution, gratis, shortly thereafter. I hope!
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 24, 2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Eyenigma View Post
But if you hold the phone in your left hand (as many do) and use it as a normal device, you get the issue.
Where are you getting your information? Didn't you say you don't have the new iPhone?

My boss is left handed, he's had his phone for a day and a half, and he has yet to see this issue. Don't make it sound like 100% of phones and/or people are seeing this behavior.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 24, 2010, 09:33 PM

Engadget says that one of their iPhones does it every single time.

Geofries
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 24, 2010, 10:13 PM

It's perception. And I'm annoyed at the news. I am convinced that 90% of the people dogging the iPhone are just ticked they don't own one.

Yes, the signal APPEARS to drop, but I don't care what appears to happen, as my calls are all just fine. AT&T has never been the worlds best network. No amount of hardware engineering on Apple's side will fix that. I shake my head at those who are blaming the iPhone 4 for a dropped call, as if AT&T didn't drop calls before.

I love my iPhone. It works outstandingly.

Eden Aurora  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 24, 2010, 10:18 PM

I can't replicate the signal loss with my left hand. doesn't matter where i place my fingers/hand.
i also don't have a yellow screen problem.

maybe i'm just super lucky?
I eat turtle soup for breakfast

Geofries
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 24, 2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Eden Aurora View Post
I can't replicate the signal loss with my left hand. doesn't matter where i place my fingers/hand.
i also don't have a yellow screen problem.

maybe i'm just super lucky?
Or maybe your iPhone just works as fantastic as it's supposed to

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jun 24, 2010, 10:24 PM

I'm glad I wasn't able to preorder and pick up the iphone today. Waiting a few days for the dust to settle about the signal issue is worth it. My original iphone is nearing 3 years old and it has never been in a case and I have no intention of using a case for the iphone 4.

Since I'm not using a case, and I'm not adjusting how I hold the phone I really hope calls and data aren't dropped and that the problem is still somehow limited to how the signal is displayed.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Eden Aurora  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 24, 2010, 10:29 PM

I've literally put two hands over my phone covering every square inch and i can't get the reception bars to lower. I conclude that the videos are fake. You will notice that in not one video do they show the entire phone as the bars decrease. there is always a part of the phone off screen and i'm sure they are holding something metal up to it to lower the signal.

dang micro-google-rimm-osoft at it again!

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 24, 2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Eden Aurora View Post
I conclude that the videos are fake.
Or you could come to the more obvious conclusion that not every single device is affected? It's obviously not an issue with every single iPhone, one of Engadget's will do it every single time, the other won't at all.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jun 24, 2010, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Or you could come to the more obvious conclusion that not every single device is affected? It's obviously not an issue with every single iPhone, one of Engadget's will do it every single time, the other won't at all.
Yea, Steve Jobs isn't exactly the kind of guy to post a message responding to a conspiracy theory.

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2010, 12:04 AM

It helped me to understand the issue when Apple said that you should try to avoid placing a finger or hand across the black strip on the lower left side of the frame. This can result in bridging, or grounding the antenna.

Makes sense, but calls to light that this may be a very stupid design issue.

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2010, 12:05 AM

And FYI, I an replicate the dropped bars very easily by doing the above.

Eyenigma
Jun 25, 2010, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Eden Aurora
I conclude that the videos are fake
Come on man, are you serious? You think a company like CNET (a reputable media company) has ANYTHING to gain my producing a "fake" video. Get a clue.
YouTube - Are you killing your iPhone 4 signal?

Or how about PC Magazine - an industry staple.
Apple iPhone 4 Antenna Problems Confirmed via Tests | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

All have replicated the issue with testing and validity. It's a real problem. Don't be fooled into thinking it's not. If you don't suffer from it, consider yourself lucky.

Thunderbird
Senior User
Jun 25, 2010, 01:18 AM

My two cents... The problem is very real on my phone, but Apple seems genuinely interested in fixing it for me. I lose all connectivity when I pick up the phone in my left hand.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Apple tech support today. My phone literally will go from 5 bars to no service within 5 seconds of picking it up. That's not "some attenuation", it's complete signal loss. Apple support was very helpful. The first tech had not heard of the problem, and walked me through all the usual troubleshooting issues. Nothing fixed it. Second level support was aware of the problem, and she had talked to a few people today who experienced it. She had not been able to replicate the issue, and everyone seems to be experiencing it in a somewhat different way. Some get total loss (like me), others just lose a few bars. She asked me several questions to pass along to the engineers who are trying to fix the problem. She told me that while the blogosphere seems full of people complaining, they have seen relatively few calls related to this issue. She said they can only respond to the problem if customers call.

Apple is overnighting a new phone to me. They gave me absolutely no hassle about replacing the phone. I told her that I didn't want to have the phone repaired unless they knew what the problem was. She said that I would simply be given a brand new (not refurb) phone. If it has the same problem, then they'll keep working until they get it right.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 01:20 AM

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, isn't it a refreshing change that we're not all talking about a huge activation snafu?

Shouldn't we be celebrating the lack of activation armageddon?

Eyenigma
Jun 25, 2010, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
If it has the same problem, then they'll keep working until they get it right.
Bravo to that post, encouraging indeed. If only Steve would have responded in the same manner. Usually it's the low level people who act atrociously, not the other way around. Cheers.

phobos
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2010, 02:57 AM

I tested the "signal death grip" with my iPhone 3gs and it also has the same issue with the iPhone 4.
YouTube - ios4 bug? Signal dropped on iphone 3gs but also went back up when called
The interesting thing though is that even though the phone has no signal at all
when I make a call the signal goes back up even though I still hold it with the "signal death grip"!!
If I let go of the grip the signal goes back up even further.
So I don't really know what to think but maybe it's a software issue after all?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2010, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Apple says if you're losing service while holding the phone, then you're holding it wrong. This country is incredible. Simply staggering.
What's that have to do with "this country". ?

-t

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2010, 06:43 AM

Maybe this "death grip" is what caused the interrupted demo at WWDC??
Or maybe it depends on the type of watch you chose to wear?
on a more serious note, I'm picking one up today regardless. My original first gen needs to retire.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
It isn't a disaster in any way that you can slice it. the issue isn't affecting the ability to make phone calls. Its a software bug. Ever bought electronics before on their launch? It happens all the time and Apple has an excellent track record of fixing it quickly and thoroughly. Apple has already indirectly,acknowledged the issue, that its a software bug and shouldn't actually affect performance, and that they are working to fix it ASAP.
Sorry, but you are flat out wrong. There is no way around it. I can make my phone lose service completely and become unable to make or receive calls. That is not a software issue.

It is true that it's not happening for everyone, but just because it's not happening for you doesn't make the problem invalid. One theory is that it's moisture in the skin, and some people just don't have enough to cause a problem.

I do know that if I put a piece of tape on the phone in that area the problem disappears. Again - how can that be software?

Here's a quote from an engineer who has designed GSM antennas:
The iPhone 4 has two symmetrical slots in the stainless frame. If you short these slots, or cover them with your hand, the antenna performance will suffer (see this video I found on YouTube). There is no way around this, it's a design compromise that is forced by the requirements of the FCC, AT&T, Apple's marketing department and Apple's industrial designers, to name a few.
More here.

This problem exists and Apple may have to address it, and not by telling people to "just avoid holding it in that way."

All glory to the hypnotoad.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post

Here's a quote from an engineer who has designed GSM antennas:

More here.

This problem exists and Apple may have to address it, and not by telling people to "just avoid holding it in that way."
Here's the part that I love from the above antenna article, which is indeed a fantastic review of antennas:

"So, what's an iPhone lover to do? Well, I voted with my dollars. I ordered my iPhone 4 to replace my Original. I already know how to do the Vulcan Antenna Grip on the iPhone, and I am wearing out my current model."

That's the solution! The Vulcan Grip! If Stevie tells you to hold it differently, No Way! But the Vulcan Grip--who could object to holding it the Vulcan Way?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 25, 2010, 09:45 AM

The Andorians, most likely.

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2010, 09:45 AM

All have replicated the issue with testing and validity. It's a real problem. Don't be fooled into thinking it's not. If you don't suffer from it, consider yourself lucky.
Dude it's not all doom and gloom, please return to the HTC forums.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2010, 10:19 AM

The horror - now it's Mac user and against Mac user.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by amazing View Post
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, isn't it a refreshing change that we're not all talking about a huge activation snafu?

Shouldn't we be celebrating the lack of activation armageddon?
Maybe the phone can't activate properly because AT&T's servers are down? Or they are sending viruses to the phones?

But really, good point that we haven't heard a word about activation problems.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 25, 2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by osiris View Post
The horror - now it's Mac user and against Mac user.
An iPhone does not a Mac user make.

houstonmacbro
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2010, 11:03 AM

I have to agree. This is a publicity nightmare that Apple is not handling well ... at all. I mean, first the phone's prototype was LOST (stolen if you must) and now many reputable sites (CNET for one) are reporting many users having serious issues with the phone's signal strength. My partner bought a 32GB (also owning a 16GB 3GS) and cannot live with the perceived/real flaw of a brand new $300 phone.

This is not going to go away, and Apple can't just say "don't hold the phone like that..." If they have any respect for their customers (most of whom are quite loyal) they need to admit this is a problem, fix or recall the models and move on to re-engineering the phones to make sure future phones don't suffer these issues.

I for one am SQUARELY sitting on the sidelines until this is resolved properly and they won't be getting my $200-$300 on a new iPhone (that I want).

I am sure others feel just like me.

Now, now... trailing stop for me. I'm cynical, but not a dummy. When you figure this is the absolute worst (or hyped?) modern product launch ever for Apple, and all the mistakes that were made... And then figure people are still lining up in groves to buy it... only a fool would think they won't rake in the cash this quarter.

Agreed completely, and Apple should come right out and acknowledge it's a legitimate concern. Naturally they're going to balk at recalling 600,000 iPhones (plus whatever else is in production), but to have this sort of issue after an already troubled prelude - it's a disaster any way you slice it.

Put it this way, I had one reserved and was eager to spend my shekels. Upon reading the reports of the signal loss, I opted not to buy. Sure, my phone was snatched up by someone else undoubtedly, but Apple is lucky there isn't a (real) viable alternative on the market to capitalize on their missteps.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Thus endeth the lesson well learned.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
If you're quoting the Bard, surely that should read "An iPhone doth not an Apple user make?" That was in Hamlet, wasn't it? Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?

And I must protest that we are all one big happy family here! Even distant cousins to the Mac are welcome here! (Cue music "It's a small world after all...")

Unless you wish to declare the iPhone 4 ex-communicate because of the antenna issue?

amazing
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 11:39 AM

PCWorld shows that loss of signal is not just a software issue:

"At one testing location, this seemed to make no difference: I got equal connection speeds when I held the phone in my left hand and when I tested with it sitting on the tabletop. But in the remaining four locations, I saw dramatic speed decreases. In three of my testing locations, connection speeds dropped to zero or near zero when I held the phone against my left palm. The number of connection bars showing dropped from five out of five to just one or two out of five. I also noticed that the latency numbers—the time it takes the speed test to send data up to a network server and back—shot upwards into thousands of milliseconds. In the remaining location, download speed was cut to a third of that measured when the phone was lying on the table with the antenna untouched, and the upload speed was decreased by half."

iPhone 4 Seems to Connect Faster, with One Troubling Flaw - PCWorld

In general, the antenna redesign is brilliant--and the testing was done in that most infavorable of cities, San Francisco:

"I found that in most parts of the city, the new iPhone 4 does indeed connect at faster speeds to the AT&T 3G network (which has been upgraded with HSPA 7.2 technology) than its predecessor the iPhone 3GS. The iPhone 4 showed an average download speed of 1958 kilobits per second (kbps)--almost 2 megabits per second (mbps)--across our five testing locations in the city, while the iPhone 3GS averaged only 1522 kbps, or roughly 1.5 mbps."

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2010, 11:40 AM

There is *zero* chance that Apple will recall iPhones over this issue. At most, they will give free bumpers to people who complain, and I doubt even that will happen.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 11:52 AM

Apple's new moto:

"Grip differently!"

kman42
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 12:01 PM

This issue affects a small minority of people, mostly those who lick their thumbs and bridge the antennae like they saw in the video to see if their phone is 'defective'. I have no doubt that there are a few users who will see real-world effects, but I would wager to bet that in a week we will realize just how small this population is. I would bet that if you did a careful study you would find that it is no larger than the population of people that have reception issues when they pick up any other cell phone.

I've had similar issues with every cell phone I've ever owned, on occasion. I turn on my phone and see lots of bars, then pick it up and see reduced signal strength. Walk ten feet away and it changes again. Cell phone antennae are so small and surrounded by so many other antennae and circuits, and cell signals are so variable depending on geography and building design, that this is an inevitable fact of life with phones.

The difference with the iPhone is that you can reproduce it in a very simple way that is easily documented by youtube in a dramatic fashion. Then everyone goes out and tries it and the pundits start jumping on it because they love to tear down any big story (regardless of the company).

Some people will have such bad issues in their area that the phone might not work for them, just as some other people in a different area might have problems with a Motorola phone. It depends on the location and behavior of the user, IN COMBINATION with the design of the phone. These people will have to get a different phone, but, again, I doubt it is a large number in any real world situation.

And to suggest that it is only a hardware problem that can't be mitigated by software is just uninformed speculation. Cell reception is a combination of hardware design and software. Apple uses very complex algorithms to connect and switch between cell channels and towers. There is currently no way for us to know whether they could improve the situation with a software update. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it could very well be that the phone senses a disruption in the signal when you bridge the antennae that doesn't have a real effect on signal strength. In response, the phone switches to a lower strength channel to try to fix it. This could result in a negative feedback loop and the declining signal strength observed when the antennae are bridged. A problem like this could definitely be helped with improved algorithms.

I think what is really needed is a tally of whether people have better or worse reception with the iPhone 4 compared to the 3GS. So far, my reception has been better with fewer dropped calls. There is a segment of Interstate 5 that ALWAYS dropped calls on my 3GS. I talked right through it on my drive home yesterday after reading all these reports. My call lasted almost 30 minutes without a hiccup. How do your real-world experiences compare between your 3GS and your 4?

And, BTW, I always hold my phone in my left hand even though I am right handed. I think this is born out of habit from writing with my right hand while on the phone.

kman

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2010, 12:27 PM

Solution: return it OR don't buy one.

Anyone have any comments about my "searching through text messages" question back a couple pages ago before people started losing their minds?

Cold Warrior
Jun 25, 2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by scaught View Post
Solution: return it OR don't buy one.

Anyone have any comments about my "searching through text messages" question back a couple pages ago before people started losing their minds?
In the spotlight prefs, try turning it (Messages) off, exit prefs, then go back in and turn it on. Also move it up higher in the list.

I did those two and now see all matching texts in searches, whereas before I did not.

I didn't bother to separate my two suggestions to see if one or the other did the trick.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
iPhone 4 just says 'iPhone' on the back. It looks like Apple has reset the name. Next year leaves room for the logical name 'iPhone 4G' and then in 2 years 'iPhone 4GS'.
iPhone 3GS also just says “iPhone” on the back. I don’t have the wife’s 3G to double-check, but I think it does, too.

But I agree with your name predictionj, at least for next year. By then AT&T and Verizon will offer 4G service (even if it’s sparse), so it’ll make sense for Apple to throw in an LTE radio. I don’t know if a subsequent “4G S” is such a shoo-in; I think it’ll depend on what the banner feature change is from 2011 to 2012.

Cold Warrior
Jun 25, 2010, 01:01 PM

Good correction. Maybe I was thinking of the 3GS written on the boxes or elsewhere.

Sage
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2010, 01:10 PM

I can replicate this on my 3GS – here I normally get 5 bars, but if I grip it tightly at the bottom it goes down to 1 bar. Thing is, I’ve had it for a year and never noticed until now (probably in part because I don’t normally hold my phone in that way), soooo… gonna get me an iPhone 4!

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2010, 01:16 PM

My iPhone 3G just says "iPhone" on the back too.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 01:17 PM

My 3G just says iPhone on the back

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2010, 01:27 PM

All iPhones have just said "iPhone" on the back. The difference with the new on is that it doesn't give the size anymore, either.

FWIW: I just killed my 3GS' reception from five bars down to one by cupping my hands around it.

Eden Aurora  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 25, 2010, 01:47 PM

Even if Apple discriminates against left handed people. no law broken here.

jvr2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2010, 02:10 PM

All of you guys cupping your 3GS and losing reception have defective 3GSs..none of that effects my iPhone at all and I've tried since you guys started saying it (used both hands wrapped around the phone with no case, hands just on bottom, hands just on top etc for minutes at a time...still 5 bars)...so....

I had a friend just now see if his iPhone 4 was losing bars, he didn't seem like he wanted to know. We didn't even make a call...just looked at the phone where we were...5 bars...put a thumb on the left side slit..in maybe 10-15 seconds...1 bar drop..2 bar drop...3....wow...It was startling to see it in person.

I want the new phone..but I think I'll wait unit Apple acknowledges it or has a better response than you're holding it wrong or buy our expensive bumper.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by jvr2 View Post
All of you guys cupping your 3GS and losing reception have defective 3GSs..none of that effects my iPhone at all and I've tried since you guys started saying it (used both hands wrapped around the phone with no case, hands just on bottom, hands just on top etc for minutes at a time...still 5 bars)...so....
Well, good for you.

I'm happy to hear that I'm just imagining things.

It hasn't been more of a problem for me on the 3GS than it has ever been on any other phone I've owned in the past twelve years, though (I didn't ever notice until I just tried it, sitting in my kitchen), and I imagine it won't be any more of an issue with the iPhone 5, once I get it next year, nor with the iPhone 4, as it is now.

jvr2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2010, 02:27 PM

edit..think I read your post wrong...seemed like you were saying I was saying you don't have an issue with your 3GS...just saying I don't have that issue...I don't think people are imagining anything with their phones, though no one should go from 5 to 0 from cupping it...that seems extreme.

I wouldn't mind if my 3GS was losing maybe a bar or two(but no droped calls) if I was cupping it so hard trying to see if it would lose reception..but like I said..we didn't try very hard with the iPhone 4 at all and it dropped drastically...I didn't want to force my friend to make a call and see if the call failed cause that seemed like rubbing it in while I was holding my 3GS with full 5 bars still. I don't think it's entirely normal or something people should just deal with...the design of the phone seemed really cool..but if this is something you have to contend with as a result..id rather have the antenna inside the phone and deal with small drops in reception.
( Last edited by jvr2; Jun 25, 2010 at 02:37 PM. )

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jvr2 View Post
edit..think I read your post wrong...seemed like you were saying I was saying you don't have an issue with your 3GS...just saying I don't have that issue...I don't think people are imagining anything with their phones, though no one should go from 5 to 0 from cupping it...that seems extreme.
Oh no, I definitely saw it happening just now.

Reception has always been rather iffy here at my apartment - over in the studio on the other side of the building, I hardly have any reception at all.

That was true of O2 and all previous cellphones as well, though (on T-Mobile and the 3GS now).

amazing
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 03:36 PM

Here's an antenna solution that I really like: put a wide rubber band on your shiny new iPhone 4!

iPhone 4 Rubber Band Antenna (Isolation) Fix

On a different note, I've seen it said that scotch tape doesn't work, not enough isolation. That brings up the question whether duct tape would work? Anybody willing to go where no one else has gone and try the duct tape solution? And, if duct tape doesn't work, what about black electrician's tape?

Of course, I suppose you could just go with a bumper--but that's not in the same class as duct tape.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by amazing View Post
Here's an antenna solution that I really like: put a wide rubber band on your shiny new iPhone 4!

iPhone 4 Rubber Band Antenna (Isolation) Fix

On a different note, I've seen it said that scotch tape doesn't work, not enough isolation. That brings up the question whether duct tape would work? Anybody willing to go where no one else has gone and try the duct tape solution? And, if duct tape doesn't work, what about black electrician's tape?

Of course, I suppose you could just go with a bumper--but that's not in the same class as duct tape.
Rubber band works - I now get no signal loss when gripping with my left hand. But yeah, that's probably due to software…

I'll probably try gaffers tape when I get home - like duct tape but it won't leave a residue when I take it off.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Hodog16
Jun 25, 2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by scaught View Post
The jump from 1st gen to this will blow your mind, for sure. Enjoy!
Consider my mind blown. This thing is like greased lightning .

Took me awhile to transfer stuff over since my G5 iMac that was used to sync my 1st gen iPhone cannot support 10.5 to activate the new phone. Got everything settled and the transition was otherwise flawless.

Still waiting for the marware bumper + shields to arrive, so I picked up the ifrogz case from Best Buy today. No issues with reception but then again the phone immediately went into the case after the plastic was peeled off. Where I used to get 2-3 bars at home with the 1st gen, I get 4-5 bars now on the 3G network.

Forum Links
Forum Rules