Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > powerbook still just shutting down

powerbook still just shutting down
lowdaksport
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2006, 10:06 PM

So i pulled out my ram, that i thought was causing my powerbook to shutdown, and I'm still havign this problem. Now instead of just locking up on me it will just out of nowhere shut off. With decent battery life left. It shuts off and when I boot it back up my clock is reset to some old time. Im confused by what is causing this. It is a final revision powerbook. I saw an old post about this happeneing when battery power is dead because the laptops dont have backup batteries but the 15 inch werent on the list. And my problem doesnt occur when my battery is out. Anyways if anyon ehas some input that would be great.
Final revision 15 inch PowerBook G4, 1.67Ghz G4, 1.5 Gigs ram

lowdaksport  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2006, 08:32 AM

i am also having another problem where if i leave it on all night, and i have it set to not sleep when plugged in, I will wake up and see blank screen and the light is pulsing like it were sleeping but when i hit a button or move the mouse it goes solid on and nothing happens on the computter. This happens every night but never happens in the day while im using it.
Final revision 15 inch PowerBook G4, 1.67Ghz G4, 1.5 Gigs ram

Forum Links
Forum Rules