Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can't access disks after cloning - need urgent help

Can't access disks after cloning - need urgent help
andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2007, 05:29 AM

Damn! I am selling my MacBook, so I was using ccc (Leopard version) to clone my internal drive to my ext. HD.

I repaired permissions before etc.

When I came back to my Mac (haha) this morning, ccc was stuck and still "blessing" the cloned disk.

Since I had to get to work, I shut down, supposing that I wouldn't be able to start from the external drive.

But, behold, now I can't boot from either disk! Which is big time crap, obviously.

Now, when I connect the ext. HD or my internal via target disk mode to my other Mac, it says: "You do not have sufficient access privileges to access Macintosh HD."

I'm not too freaked out right now since my data most probably is sitting safe and sound on both disks.
I should be able to copy at least my home directory to another drive via some fancy terminal command, not? Or can I bless the drives afterwards, somehow?

Please help me out here, I'd be thankful eternally.

Cold Warrior
Dec 1, 2007, 10:26 AM

try just booting from the installation disc. Run disk utility to repair permissions and check & repair the HD for system/drive errors.

Forum Links
Forum Rules