Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Office Uninstaller issues

Office Uninstaller issues
wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2000, 09:47 AM

David Harrod ran into a couple of problems after running the Office 98 Uninstaller (after installing Office 2001):

"I had already installed 2001 before reading that there were issues with simultaneous installation of 98. I thought that the warnings and notifications of what it was doing were too cryptic.
"My internet preferences were gone. I had to pull them out of the trash and put them back in the prefs folder. Outlook for Exchange Server 8.2.2 wouldn't run because it needed the Microsoft RPC Runtime Library which was also in the trash. Moved that and Outlook started up fine. I would recommend not emptying the trash until you're sure everything is working after running this utility."

EDD E. EPSTEIN
Oct 6, 2000, 09:48 PM

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST UNINSTALLER, VERSION 1.0

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH EXCEL AND THEY HAD ME DOWNLOAD THE LATEST INSTALLER, v1.1, AND THEN WORKED WITH ME ON 2001.

ALSO REINSTALLED OFFICE MANAGER AFTER REMOVING OFFICE 98 WITHOUT INCIDENT.

surf.to/macospage
Oct 9, 2000, 08:29 AM

before running the Office Uninstaller, ensure that u have your Internet Preferences backed up if there's anything important in there... ie Location Manager settings, cause it's deleted too!

Forum Links
Forum Rules