Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Looking for good Vader desktop pic

Looking for good Vader desktop pic
codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2004, 02:33 PM

I posted this in the JetBlack thread but no one answered.

The first thing I thought when I saw JetBlack was that is looks like Darth Vader's armor. So I'm looking for some nice HIGH QUALITY Vader desktop wallpapers. I did a GIS for vader but did not find any that are satisfactory to me. Anyone know where I might find one that is a large resolution with high quality?

starman
Clinically Insane
Feb 26, 2004, 02:47 PM

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

codywalton  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2004, 03:10 PM

That's a good one. Not *exactly* what I'm looking for, but close enough for now. Thanks anyway.

Anyone know a better one please post a link.

codywalton  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2004, 04:33 PM

Well, I got tired of looking for a desktop I like. So I just made a couple. Click the thumbnails to download

benign
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2004, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by codywalton:
I posted this in the JetBlack thread but no one answered.

The first thing I thought when I saw JetBlack was that is looks like Darth Vader's armor. So I'm looking for some nice HIGH QUALITY Vader desktop wallpapers. I did a GIS for vader but did not find any that are satisfactory to me. Anyone know where I might find one that is a large resolution with high quality?

Just like a bush man to steal
another persons comment and
claim it to be theirs...

Simple Empire...

codywalton  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2004, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by benign:
Just like a bush man to steal
another persons comment and
claim it to be theirs...
There you go again with the unprovoked personal attacks. I didn't "steal" anything. If I had the same idea as someone else, there's nothing wrong with that. Not only did I not steal anything, I was nice enough to put up the pics I made for my personal use for general download.
( Last edited by codywalton; Feb 26, 2004 at 05:23 PM. )

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2004, 08:03 PM

They just aren't hi-res enough... You can see imperfections in the image that make the helmet not as shinny as it should be. It would be bad ass if someone like BBX did a super hi-res Photoshop of it.
click one

codywalton  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2004, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
They just aren't hi-res enough... You can see imperfections in the image that make the helmet not as shinny as it should be. It would be bad ass if someone like BBX did a super hi-res Photoshop of it.
yeah... But that was the highest-res vader pic I could find. sorry.

If anyone has a better one please email me or post a link. I'll make some more.

fireside
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2004, 08:49 PM

it wouldnt matter if god made the image. it would still be as crappy as it currently is right now unless you had a super omega hi-res picture of vader's helmet. bbx isnt a miracle man, he cant bend the pixels to make them any sharper than the image can be.

DanTM
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2004, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
it wouldnt matter if god made the image. it would still be as crappy as it currently is right now unless you had a super omega hi-res picture of vader's helmet. bbx isnt a miracle man, he cant bend the pixels to make them any sharper than the image can be.
word. yeah why is everyone so starry-eyed about bbx? i dont get it.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2004, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
I was talking about all BBX's great Photoshop Illustrations and air brushing, not fixing the image in PS but actually redrawing it. I used BBX just as an example since he does such nice work. You don't have to get all pissed off though just because BBX is good and Omega isn't out... And you never heard me say BBX was a god or "miracle man".
click one

Zimphire
Baninated
Feb 26, 2004, 10:10 PM

benign is a hateful troll. Ignore him.

swiz
GUI Punk
Feb 26, 2004, 10:13 PM

Billy's stuff looks as good as it does because he renders everything in a 3D program to assure all lighting effects and whatnot are true to life... well that AND he is one helluva Photoshoper... Not to say that he buys lots of pictures... you know what i mean.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

gdiddy
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2004, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
benign is a hateful troll. Ignore him.
Irony so thick it makes Star Jones' thighs look like toothpicks....
Michael: Hasn't everything been sort of discovered now by like Magellan and Cortez?

Buster: Oh, yeah yeah, those guys did a pretty good job.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2004, 11:30 PM

I made a desktop too!
click one

codywalton  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2004, 11:34 PM

I made a desktop too!
HA! That's Great...

servo
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2004, 11:37 PM

I made a desktop too!
That desktop kicks ass!

May the Schwartz be with you.

codywalton  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2004, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by servo:
That desktop kicks ass!

May the Schwartz be with you.
Moichendizing!

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2004, 12:01 AM

oh that's brilliant! i actually burst out laughing when i scrolled my safari window to the right

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2004, 12:04 AM

Glad you like it. I would have made a bigger hi-res one but Dark Helmet pictures are harder to come by than Vader ones. If I had the DVD I'd take a screen capture and use that...
click one

swiz
GUI Punk
Feb 27, 2004, 12:15 AM

Ludicrous Speed!!!!!

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Holigen
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2004, 12:16 AM

Originally posted by codywalton:
There you go again with the unprovoked personal attacks. I didn't "steal" anything. If I had the same idea as someone else, there's nothing wrong with that. Not only did I not steal anything, I was nice enough to put up the pics I made for my personal use for general download
I dont think he likes the fact that youre a Bush supporter. Maybe thats why he has to take it to a personal level. Anyways, I like the Imperial symbol with the plastic sheen to it, very nice. I also laughed out loud at the Dark Helmet desk. Very funny NS.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

Dace
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2004, 02:36 PM

I made this in AI...I could convert into a desktop when I get home.

Data Bytes Computers - Montreal, QC
Ventes & Services / Sales & Services

fireside
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2004, 03:24 PM

I was talking about all BBX's great Photoshop Illustrations and air brushing, not fixing the image in PS but actually redrawing it. I used BBX just as an example since he does such nice work. You don't have to get all pissed off though just because BBX is good and Omega isn't out... And you never heard me say BBX was a god or "miracle man".
well, i know what you meant. and i know that bbx does do awesome work. and frankly, i dont care when Omega gets released, i'm beyond it. but i could have interpreted your sentence in two ways: bbx making a new helmet, and bbx making a wall from the same image. frankly, after i posted, i interpreted your sentence in the first way, after interpreting it the latter way.

Forum Links
Forum Rules