Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > Painting a TiBook

Painting a TiBook
qnxde
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2001, 03:54 AM

Yes yes, I know you're all going to whinge and moan "Why ruin a perfectly fine TiBook!" "You'll invalidate your warranty!" But would anyone have any idea on how to go about this? The screen looks like it would be difficult to get apart. I'm thinking hot pink, or maybe a nice green colour...maybe army colours. Who knows, it's just that the silver is boring, and scratches look unsightly on it. I want to give it some personality.

Any ideas?

You can't eat all those hamburgers, you hear me you ridiculous man?

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 27, 2001, 01:00 AM

Originally posted by qnxde:
<STRONG>Yes yes, I know you're all going to whinge and moan "Why ruin a perfectly fine TiBook!" "You'll invalidate your warranty!" But would anyone have any idea on how to go about this? The screen looks like it would be difficult to get apart. I'm thinking hot pink, or maybe a nice green colour...maybe army colours. Who knows, it's just that the silver is boring, and scratches look unsightly on it. I want to give it some personality.

Any ideas?</STRONG>
mask well. lightly sand with a very very fine grit. 1200 grit wet/dry

mask with heavy heavy masking tape. two layers. mask your serial number. mask fan ports. take the bottom of the computer off and do it where you can't paint any electronics. The more you can disassemble, the easier this will be.

Good luck, I know I wouldn't do it.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

Forum Links
Forum Rules