Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Flies are animals now?

Flies are animals now? (Page 3)
CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2009, 03:10 AM

I'm guessing along these same lines, you take all your cues in life from vegetables?

Anyway, I've said it before: Sure, I'm very happy to take a cue on this subject from nature itself. Therefore: you go preach to the fuzzy carnivores of the world and convince them to change their meat-eating meat ways, and I'll give up eating any form of animal myself.

Otherwise, just like any other part of the natural world (which I realize being PLANTED on your ass like a vegetable 24/7 has taught you to believe you're not actually a part of) eating an animal beneath you on the food chain is just another MENU CHOICE. Bon Appétit.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2009, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
I'm guessing along these same lines, you take all your cues in life from vegetables?

Anyway, I've said it before: Sure, I'm very happy to take a cue on this subject from nature itself. Therefore: you go preach to the fuzzy scavengers of the world and convince them to change their excrement-eating **** ways, and I'll give up eating any form of **** myself.

Otherwise, just like any other part of the natural world (which I realize being PLANTED on your ass like a vegetable 24/7 has taught you to believe you're not actually a part of) eating the pile beneath you on the porcelain throne is just another MENU CHOICE. Bon Appétit.
I guess it's a little late now that your response has once again exposed you for the pompous ass you are, but you might want to sit down and think about the difference between pointing out a fallacious argument and actually arguing its opposite.

I'm not vegetarian, and I really, really don't care if others are or not.

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 1, 2009, 06:36 AM

WARNING: bickering and nastiness are ABOUT TO get this thread locked. Let's stay at least sort of on topic, eh? And no more dependence on the cuss filter to keep your posts "ready for prime time." Serious discussion, and even playful banter are fine, but they don't require or invite the use of expletives, and they should not involve increasing either the poster's or the reader's blood pressure.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Jul 1, 2009, 11:09 AM

Swatting a fly is 100% a-ok and frankly PETA must be completely out of touch with reality by being against it.

Greenpeace is another example of complete and utter nutters. Pathetic really.

Sea Shepard are nothing but lowly terrorists and cowards. The list goes on.

These organizations are so politically correct it is literally cringeworthy. Sadly many misguided people support them.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
*emotional blather*
Gee, you can't even figure out when no one was talking to you. Pompous ass indeed. Product of a poor diet maybe?

As for making a fallacious argument, that's you wacktivist types in a nutshell. Maybe if those two or three remaining braincells of yours rub together long enough, it'll dawn on you that that animals eating other animals is about as NATURAL as it gets.

Hell, even certain PLANTS eating animals is NATURAL.

You're the one trying to argue against a process of nature itself.

Weenies preaching that there's some moral issue because humans also eat animals is annoying and lame.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Swatting a fly is 100% a-ok and frankly PETA must be completely out of touch with reality by being against it.

Greenpeace is another example of complete and utter nutters. Pathetic really.

Sea Shepard are nothing but lowly terrorists and cowards. The list goes on.

These organizations are so politically correct it is literally cringeworthy. Sadly many misguided people support them.
I'm a huge vegetarian advocate, but I actually agree with you. A lot of activist organizations like that seem to be dedicated to shooting themselves in the foot.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2009, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
Gee, you can't even figure out when no one was talking to you. Pompous ass indeed. Product of a poor diet maybe?

As for making a fallacious argument, that's you wacktivist types in a nutshell. Maybe if those two or three remaining braincells of yours rub together long enough, it'll dawn on you that that animals eating other animals is about as NATURAL as it gets.
You need to figure out who the hell you ARE talking to, especially if you're gonna repeat your insults.

I'm neither vegetarian nor wacktivist.

Is that a foot in your mouth, or are you taking your cues from the flies?

Who's "you"?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2009, 06:48 PM

Uh oh. Someone's been eating too much rare steak.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

hayesk
Jul 1, 2009, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
That is not the argument moral vegetarians make. No vegetarian says, "I acknowledge that plants have minds and fear pain and death, but I'll kill them quickly and they won't notice." That's an argument you made. And the argument you are making now is of a form called the straw man, and it generally indicates that the arguer is finding his own stance difficult to defend.
It's not a straw man argument at all. If the moral vegan claims that they don't eat animals because they have brains and don't want to suffer - then it's perfectly valid to say the claim has no merit because you can choose to eat animals that are killed without suffering.

Forum Links
Forum Rules