Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FA: Mac Mini (Intel), PowerBook G4 15", iSight

FA: Mac Mini (Intel), PowerBook G4 15", iSight
memory-minus
Senior User
Mar 27, 2006, 09:58 PM

Mac mini 1.66 Intel Core Duo 1 GB/100 GB (Apple CTO)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8788154535

PowerBook G4 15" 1.67GHz, 1 GB/100 GB/128MB VRAM (Apple CTO)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9704766999

iSight
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9704773242

I took the MacBook Pro plunge -- hope I don't lose too much money on the Mini! Thanks guys! Good luck!
( Last edited by memory-minus; Mar 31, 2006 at 03:06 PM. )

memory-minus  (op)
Senior User
Mar 29, 2006, 09:02 AM

^ Ttt ^

memory-minus  (op)
Senior User
Apr 1, 2006, 08:32 AM

Last day!

deermatt
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2006, 12:39 PM

wow why are people paying more than retail for the mini? and whats the point of posthing ebay links here as pretty much none of us would buy mac stuff off ebay cause its over priced or a scam. how about offer it here then move to ebay if no luck
photography is beautiful

sledsbehave
Senior User
Apr 1, 2006, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by deermatt
wow why are people paying more than retail for the mini? and whats the point of posthing ebay links here as pretty much none of us would buy mac stuff off ebay cause its over priced or a scam. how about offer it here then move to ebay if no luck
it's only $26 over retail, taxes alone would push you higher than that...

plus it's got and extra 512mb memory.

some of us do still buy from ebay
as ever,
sonny

neversummer
Apr 1, 2006, 04:25 PM

i bought a G4 on ebay. but i got it for a steal. otherwise ebay is way overpriced.

memory-minus  (op)
Senior User
Apr 1, 2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by deermatt
Retail on this mini is $949 because it came configured from Apple with a 100 GB hard drive and 1 GB of RAM. The $799 model has 80 GB hard drive and 512 MB of RAM. So as of this moment it's actually $123 less than retail, more if you consider you are gonna pay sales tax if you configure from Apple. So it's really not overpriced you just didn't consider the extras.

I don't offer it here because I would have to price it lower than I what I want to get for it. The buyer pool on eBay is much larger. You are obviously not willing to pay $826 for a $949 Mac mini, but someone on eBay is. I have 57 people with the PowerBook on their watch list and 56 with the mini on their watch list.

If you use a little common sense like only buying from ID verified, PayPal verified sellers (such as myself) who also have decent reputations elsewhere (like these forums) you can easily avoid scams. Which is the exact reason I posted the links here, so people who know me on the forums here know it'll be a safe transaction.

Your comments are appreciated.
( Last edited by memory-minus; Apr 1, 2006 at 06:24 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules