Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > So my logic board died on my 17".....

So my logic board died on my 17".....
PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2004, 06:02 PM

Well I had written a few days back that I got the message to shutdown the computer. The message that kind of greys out your screen. So I did that And when I turned on my 17" on again I got the interchanging ? and MacOS face. I inserted my software restore CD and after that everything was fine, EXCEPT, my airport card was no longer recognized, it said I didn't have one... I never touched the card or anything... SO then I inserted the CD again to run the hardware check and that upon restart my computr was dead. The screen was dead but it was on because of the caps lock light but it didn't really sound like it was on...

I took my computer to the apple store on Monday and they sent it out and I got it back today (thursday) which is just great timing! I couldn't beleive how fast it cam back....

Nothing was done to my hard drive. They replaced my entire logic board, which apprently includes my processor video card and some other stuff. The "genius" said it is basically my whole computer....

The service was great and I am really happy with it, just confused as to why this would happen to a 6-month old computer...

Anybody else have to get their logic board replced?

Have a good one!

cliff
Jan 29, 2004, 08:34 PM

Yep, I had the Logic board in my 1.33 17" replaced when the backlighting on the keyboard went out. They also replaced the entire top cover as well. That was about a monght ago. I havent had an issue with it since.

MountainMac
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 29, 2004, 09:10 PM

I had to have the logic board replaced b/c the ethernet port wasn't working.

17" 1.33 GHz
Plato--what's a "Chickie Run"?

Forum Links
Forum Rules