Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official TiBook users PICTURE THREAD!

Official TiBook users PICTURE THREAD! (Page 5)
Circa  (op)
Senior User
Jul 18, 2001, 02:28 AM

hmm interesting,
Circa

M�lum
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2001, 03:31 PM

Ok, here's my baby...

seb2
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2001, 06:07 PM

Originally posted by Atomic Beat Boy:
<STRONG>I have no idea what the top left character is for, and that's a Euro on the 2 key.</STRONG>
that symbol is called "paragraph" and marks sections in german laws. i'm surprised to see it on a british keyboard. if you wanted to refer to murder, for example, you'd write "� 211 StGB" (if you were a lawyer, that is)

get cubed, if you want to see the keyboard i'm using right now, go to http://homepage.mac.com/qe2/.Pictures/tastatur.jpg

finally, i also like the symbols. the only "problem" german users have is... what do you call those keys? for "apple", the most common things, i've heard, would translate as "propeller" and "cauliflower"... i *am* serious.

<pazuzu>
Jul 18, 2001, 07:27 PM

The symbol on the Apple (cmd) key is called a clover leaf,
or four-leaf clover.
http://www.pcwebopedia.com/TERM/C/Command_key.html

Circa  (op)
Senior User
Jul 21, 2001, 08:00 PM

Another Ti !!!

It really is great to see, very cool guys some interesting topics on keyboards in here.
Circa

kronkiness
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2001, 01:46 PM

Here's my baby sitting on my desk - with some family members to keep her company!

Note: If images fails to load, go to
http://www.geocities.com/kronkiness/hardstuff1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/kronkiness/hardstuff2.jpg

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: kronkiness ]

<nana3>
Jul 23, 2001, 07:19 PM

nice poster

Circa  (op)
Senior User
Jul 23, 2001, 10:34 PM

Hey man images are not loading, check them again.
Circa

hub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2001, 02:46 PM

This is my nice swiss german keyboard (click pic):

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: hub ]

seb2
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2001, 07:19 PM

well, and i assumed that at least the keyboards in german speaking countries would be the same... that's different, though.

the thing i'm most curious about is: how do you type an "�" (a umlaut) and how do you type an "�" (a accent grave)? modifiers?

and finally, i knew you don't use the "�" in swiss german, but you don't even have that on your keyboards... weird. (keine deutsche �berheblichkeit )

Greasyboy6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2001, 05:51 PM

The Grease's Pictures

You will be blow away by these pictures. They are the sexiest PowerBook G4 pictures you will ever see.

Try to keep it in your pants.

- The Grease

hub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2001, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by seb2:
<STRONG>the thing i'm most curious about is: how do you type an "�" (a umlaut) and how do you type an "�" (a accent grave)? modifiers?

and finally, i knew you don't use the "�" in swiss german, but you don't even have that on your keyboards... weird. (keine deutsche �berheblichkeit )</STRONG>
�: just hit the � key,
�: whit shift-�
alt-� is �, shift-alt-� is �
alt-� is �, shift-alt-� is &lt;breve&gt;
alt-� is �, shift-alt-� is �

yes we dont use the s-zet, �. alt-s makes a �

(hub lacht )

Circa  (op)
Senior User
Jul 29, 2001, 11:14 PM

Hey thanks for contributed to the thread GreaseBoy, and welcome to the forums.
Circa

seb2
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2001, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by hub:
<STRONG>
�: just hit the � key,
�: whit shift-�
</STRONG>
...so, how do you type capital umlauts? �? �? (i know about accents on capital letters, but still you sometimes might want to use them...)

isn't that a "misuse" of the shift-key btw...?

<here_to_piss_you_off>
Aug 2, 2001, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Greasyboy6:
<STRONG>The Grease's Pictures

You will be blow away by these pictures. They are the sexiest PowerBook G4 pictures you will ever see.

Try to keep it in your pants.</STRONG>
Yea, no problem Mr Photographer. Have you ever heard of focus? All those ugly pixels in your lame ass photos made me so hard.

Next time actually have good pictures to back up your big mouth.

Greasyboy6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2001, 08:39 AM

Have you ever heard of a diffusion lens? Its called EFFECT. I intentionally set my aprature off, but of course you wouldn't know anything about that.

Lolo from Paris
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2001, 09:16 AM

Originally posted by Circa:
<STRONG>All I can say is that I am glad that I don't have any god damn symbols on my keyboard.</STRONG>
Sure, because english language doesn't need a lot of special caracters. But for french, german or spanish, those special caracters
are very useful, we even couldn't say anything without them

But, the Mac layout is pretty bad, especially the french one, Windows keyboards are better, they are more productive in fact especially for developers...

The worst thing on french keyboard is that you need to hit Shift in order to type numbers. Pretty bad on a laptop, even if they added a numeric keyboard when you hit the Fn key...

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2001, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by Lolo from Paris:
<STRONG>

Sure, because english language doesn't need a lot of special caracters. But for french, german or spanish, those special caracters
are very useful, we even couldn't say anything without them

But, the Mac layout is pretty bad, especially the french one, Windows keyboards are better, they are more productive in fact especially for developers...

The worst thing on french keyboard is that you need to hit Shift in order to type numbers. Pretty bad on a laptop, even if they added a numeric keyboard when you hit the Fn key...</STRONG>
I've got a great little USB keypad. It's tiny, and very useful for all the accounting I am constantly doing on my TiBook. Well, it's tiny, anyway.

And I'm SOOO glad I have a US keyboard. In my current position as a packaging designer for a Swiss toy company, I have to type in anywhere from four to thirteen different European languages! I immediately know where to access different keys such as �, �, �, �, �, �, etcetera. Unfortunately, there are a few symbols not usually included in standard fonts, like �t used in Czech and others, that I have to create using different methods. And you need separate fonts for Greek and Cyrillic based languages.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

tomra
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2001, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by tonton:
<STRONG>

I've got a great little USB keypad. It's tiny, and very useful for all the accounting I am constantly doing on my TiBook. Well, it's tiny, anyway.
</STRONG>
Hi

Would it be possible for you to post a picture or a link to the vendor of this keyboard? I`m looking for a small keyboard to go in the bag along with my Tibook. I have found that the constant use of command/option/ctrl/shift key shortcuts is very "bad" for my left hand on the Ti keyboard.

Thanks.
Tom

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 8, 2001, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by tomra:
<STRONG>

Hi

Would it be possible for you to post a picture or a link to the vendor of this keyboard? I`m looking for a small keyboard to go in the bag along with my Tibook. I have found that the constant use of command/option/ctrl/shift key shortcuts is very "bad" for my left hand on the Ti keyboard.

Thanks.
Tom</STRONG>
I'll see if I can post a pic within the next few days... I think the vendor is Filand, but I'm not sure. I'm not even sure it has the vendor's name on the unit itself, but I'll check when I get home.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

ARENA
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2001, 12:43 AM

Yea, no problem Mr Photographer. Have you ever heard of focus? All those ugly pixels in your lame ass photos made me so hard.

Next time actually have good pictures to back up your big mouth.
I Don�t know much of Photography, but I think the pictures are very nice. Well worked light, nice effect.
What camera were you using Greasyboy? I don�t think it�s digital.

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: ARENA ]

Greasyboy6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2001, 09:12 AM

Well thank you Arena. Basically what I did was use a regular 35mm camera and then had the pictures printed to a CD. I used a Canon Rebel 2000 with a zoom lens and a soft spot diffusion lens filter. The filter only works with a small aprature... I believe I had mine set to 4.5 or so.... ah yes, macs and photography mix so well.

MadMacs
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 20, 2001, 12:09 PM

( Last edited by MadMacs; Oct 5, 2002 at 01:50 AM. )

<PhotoDude>
Aug 21, 2001, 07:08 AM

Let's take up a collection to buy Greasyboy a digital camera. Or some furniture. Or some talent.

Dude, your pictures just about sucked. If I wanted to look at a picture of flowers or a chair, I'd be in the flowers or chair from 1950s forum. I happen to be in the PowerBook forum - 'ya think next time you can take a picture of your PowerBook so we can see how you're using it? Perhaps in your work/play setting? I have a real hard time believing you sit on the floor in front of that chair while you work away.

Is this a flame... I suppose so. But you pumped up your pictures to equate them with pure, raw, unadulturated sex. And then you show us a lame picture of a PowerBook that's not even the focus (and in...!) of your photo.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 21, 2001, 09:22 AM

Well, Grease's pix look like they could have come out of Good Housekeeping, an IKEA catalog or some other glossy magazine.

As for the Swiss keyboard layout (which I used for the first 7 years of my computing career): to make capital umlauts, you have to use the two-step process using dead keys, just like on a US keyboard. Type Option-U (this will put the umlaut over the next letter you type), then shift-A, O, or U (or I, for that matter).

The Swiss keyboard has the atmark (@) in such a better position: Option-G (G and @ have similar contours!).

tooki

ARENA
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2001, 08:58 PM

Let's take up a collection to buy Greasyboy a digital camera. Or some furniture. Or some talent.

Dude, your pictures just about sucked. If I wanted to look at a picture of flowers or a chair, I'd be in the flowers or chair from 1950s forum. I happen to be in the PowerBook forum - 'ya think next time you can take a picture of your PowerBook so we can see how you're using it? Perhaps in your work/play setting? I have a real hard time believing you sit on the floor in front of that chair while you work away.

Is this a flame... I suppose so. But you pumped up your pictures to equate them with pure, raw, unadulturated sex. And then you show us a lame picture of a PowerBook that's not even the focus (and in...!) of your photo.
...And why is that always this stupid flames come from unregistered coward users?

<PhotoDude>
Aug 21, 2001, 09:22 PM

Because it looks bad when all the senior members and administrators bash the new guys.

GreasyBoy may have had a cute photo - if you're into cute. I bet it's not much of a stretch to say that most people with PowerBooks are into design, fashion, coolness, art deco, but not cute.

And... this is certainly a PowerBook thread!

Avenir
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2001, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by &lt;PhotoDude&gt;:
<STRONG>Because it looks bad when all the senior members and administrators bash the new guys.

GreasyBoy may have had a cute photo - if you're into cute. I bet it's not much of a stretch to say that most people with PowerBooks are into design, fashion, coolness, art deco, but not cute.

And... this is certainly a PowerBook thread!</STRONG>
heh heh, I bet. Then I for one hope you are not an admin for much longer, just leave him alone. I'm sure you are &lt;here to piss you off&gt; as well, because he seems to be the only person interested in bashing the pictures. Sure they aren't the best pictures in the world (these are) of the Ti, but they're not horrible and they don't deserver to be bashed. Whatever flamer, I hope you had your fun.

As for my Ti, eventually I'll get up a better picture one day when I actually own a camera besides my crappy Kensington.

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

DaisyDams
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2001, 08:33 AM

Yup MadMacs....they is a fine set of stackers I ever did see. Cosy spot for a Ti too.

What did the fish say when it swam into a wall?

'Dam!'

hub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2001, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by seb2:
<STRONG>

...so, how do you type capital umlauts? �? �? (i know about accents on capital letters, but still you sometimes might want to use them...)

isn't that a "misuse" of the shift-key btw...?</STRONG>
for �, �, � we type first � and then shift-a, shift-o, shift-u.
the � can also be used to get �, �, �

misuse, well, french part of switzerland asks for ���, but it can be changed by selecting the german keyboard set i think.

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: hub ]

Circa  (op)
Senior User
Aug 27, 2001, 02:48 AM

Its nice to see this powerbook picture thread still going strong, it really is a thread "everyone" can relate too.
Circa

oeyvind
Senior User
Sep 4, 2001, 09:30 AM

Here's my TiBook, Taishu (512MB/20GB TiBook 400, Mac OS 10.0.4 + 9.2.1)
http://www.oeyvind.org/album/Equipments/AAPL/TiBook/

Sorry about the noise in the pict, taken in low light environment..

[ 03-17-2002: Message edited by: oeyvind ]

<cypher418>
Sep 5, 2001, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by kidatari:
<STRONG>

My Baby </STRONG>
where did you get the desktop pic?

Circa  (op)
Senior User
May 12, 2002, 07:03 PM

I just wanted to dig this thread back up and see if we can get it going again? I know most of the pictures are not hear anymore as well as the users that posted on this board are not here too. But shall we give it a try?
Circa

urrl5201
May 12, 2002, 07:35 PM

Here's my customized Ti that has been around for awhile, if you guys aren't bored with it. I am surprised it is still getting hits, perhaps 300 a week or so.
http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/PhotoAlbum3.html

Cellery
Mac Elite
May 12, 2002, 07:48 PM

I thought this thread had gotten a ton of replies today, but I saw that it was 5-12-2001! Anyway...

Todd Corzett
Forum Regular
May 12, 2002, 08:02 PM

Here's a picture of my new baby. It's a Ti800 with 1GB Ram and 60GB HD. I have it running dual-monitors with my old 17" Studio Display.

-Todd...

DJ Ed White
May 12, 2002, 10:43 PM

[ 05-12-2002: Message edited by: DJ Ed White ]

[ 05-12-2002: Message edited by: DJ Ed White ]

msykes
Senior User
May 13, 2002, 01:18 AM

5 pages late, but why not...
http://www.msykes.com/geek/newti/

workerbee
Mac Elite
May 13, 2002, 03:34 AM

Originally posted by tooki:
<STRONG>--snip--
As for the Swiss keyboard layout (which I used for the first 7 years of my computing career)
--snip--
tooki</STRONG>
Hey, everytime I read through the macnn board I discover more Swiss or at least ex-Swiss users! Seems to be quite a community indeed

Re: TiBook keyboard -- I was certain I'd seen somewhere that the key on the right of the space key was a second command, apple, bluemech�li or whatever-else-you-want-to-call-it-key, which I'd really like! (What's the current key for anyway?).

Sorry to be blabbering, but I cannot for the life of me concentrate on work: any minute now (hopefully) the postman should ring, bringing a lovely TiBook 800 for me and taking away what I've just got from the bank.
MBP 15" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB 2*23" ACD

rambo47
Mac Elite
May 13, 2002, 07:34 PM

Welcome back, Workerbee

maffioso
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2002, 08:55 PM

Any one have their TiBook connected to a stereo?

Is any one using an external device for sound either Firewire or USB, I find audio out on Apples laptops to be quite poor for my listening standards...

Any Ideas?
CHRIS SMITH

el lindo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2002, 10:19 PM

I run a 1/8" to RCA out of the headphone port and right into my stereo and it sounds just fine.

maffioso
Dedicated MacNNer
May 14, 2002, 04:49 AM

What type of stereo are you running?

I use a Maranntz SR4000 w/.

Bose 301's(Rears)
Jamo Classic 4's(Fronts)
$2500 Centre
$2500 Subwoofer

So I am looking for something along the lines of Coax or 5.1 Channel...

Any ideas?
CHRIS SMITH

tramahound
Mac Enthusiast
May 14, 2002, 11:17 AM

not the most detailed of pics, but it does show how well my cube and tibook 400 play together

GeneShifter
May 14, 2002, 10:02 PM

I was just thinking that you might want to get that airport base station away from your brain! It's a little too close for an object giving out that amount of radiation. Just a thought. I have mine a good 4 feet away from me at all times. By the way, the airport cards in the computers don't put out enough radiation to worry about.
Doing my part to make MS obsolete. Oh, and the Iraq war is a bogus war.

atomium
Dedicated MacNNer
May 14, 2002, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by GeneShifter:
<STRONG>It's a little too close for an object giving out that amount of radiation.</STRONG>
Serious question here.

Assuming that his cordless phone in the photo may be 2.4 GHz...Is the AirPort basestation any more dangerous than that? Same basic frequency, both have a decent range. Is there really that much cause for concern? Is there some other form of radiation the basestation would emit?

-atomium

gee308
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2002, 05:42 AM

Please check out my powerbook setup: http://homepage.mac.com/jtoy/PhotoAlbum4.html

tramahound
Mac Enthusiast
May 15, 2002, 08:39 AM

we're moving in a month and the base station is going on a wall a few feet away from our couch. the phone is a 900mhz sony, luckily we didn't go for the 2.4ghz model since they are said to cause a lot of problems with airport networks. i wasn't aware airport base stations emitted any kind of radiation. where did you hear of this, and how could apple sell an item that has health concerns without putting documentation to that effect in the box with it? i've had a blackberry 950 pager strapped to my hip for over 4 years too, i like livin on the edge!

maffioso
Dedicated MacNNer
May 15, 2002, 09:06 AM

Has any one got some figures of how much radiation Airport gives off? And what safe levels are, I have the BS in my room and sleep with it turned regularly on...

Any help?
CHRIS SMITH

Forum Links
Forum Rules