Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > eMac / OS 10.3

eMac / OS 10.3
rickyirvine
Mar 5, 2004, 02:45 AM

I just bought an eMac (my first Mac, welcome me to the club) and it's running 10.3. I am noticing that the menu bar at the top seems to fade into a very slight grayish color on the right. I am wondering if this is part of Panther's slick UI or if this is a something wrong with my computer screen.

Anyone know?

-Ricky
jesus loves you and jesus loves me too

fspdeejay
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 5, 2004, 03:21 AM

is it brownish on the left?
eMac 1GHz/Combo/80GB/256MB
http://www.richarddeguzman.com

rickyirvine  (op)
Mar 5, 2004, 10:49 AM

No brown. Brighter (white) on the left, slight gray on the right. I'm assuming it's a UI feature in OS X to make the left side of the menu bar a more primary visual, making the right side a secondary visual.

?
jesus loves you and jesus loves me too

DoraExplorer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2004, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by rickyirvine:
No brown. Brighter (white) on the left, slight gray on the right. I'm assuming it's a UI feature in OS X to make the left side of the menu bar a more primary visual, making the right side a secondary visual.

?
Ricky, I have a new eMac as well. I'm not sure what you mean, but both sides of my menu bar appear to be the same color.

pat++
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2004, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by rickyirvine:

?
The menu bar should have the same color on both sides.

emacfan?
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2004, 02:34 PM

Try this: Go to system preferences and change the color of the desktop to white. Then, go to screen geometry and slide the white screen far to the right. My guess is that if the left side of the screen appears to have the slight grey or brown discoloring and you move to the opposite side the screen will brighten up. Mine seems to do that although I haven't a clue as to what it means. Didn't notice it until I read this topic!

Forum Links
Forum Rules