Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How do I move tunes to iBook?

How do I move tunes to iBook?
DoraExplorer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2004, 11:05 PM

I know this probably isn't the right forum to ask but anyway . . .

How do I copy all of my iTune music from my eMac at home to my iBook at school? I do have iDisk and an .Mac account. It looks like I can drag one song at a time into my Music folder on iDisk, but when I try to drag a bunch it doesn't work. Surely I don't have to do one song at a time?!

If I'm being really dense, please break it to gently . . .

A Ghost Is Born
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2004, 11:20 PM

I don't have a .mac account yet, so i am not sure how it would work. I would recommend using a blank cd-r (or whatever is necessary) and copying all the music onto it. Then pull it off of the cd-r when you get to your ibook. OR use an external harddrive OR use another website (i think dropfile?) that gives you a few Gigs of online storage.

MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2004, 11:22 PM

I am not sure the situation at school but see if you can take the iBook home with you. If you can do this it would be the easiest way to tranfer. that way you just network the two. After you are connected you would open iTunes and go to File....Imort and at this point a window will pop up asking where to import from. Go through your network and find the existing iTunes folder and select it it will automatically copy the songs playlists and everything else that is on your eMac.

Hope this helps
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

DoraExplorer  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2004, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by MARINEOSX:
I am not sure the situation at school but see if you can take the iBook home with you. If you can do this it would be the easiest way to tranfer. that way you just network the two. After you are connected you would open iTunes and go to File....Imort and at this point a window will pop up asking where to import from. Go through your network and find the existing iTunes folder and select it it will automatically copy the songs playlists and everything else that is on your eMac.

Hope this helps
Yes it does. I can bring the iBook home. I even networked the two one time! Why didnt I think of that? Now I just have to remember how to do it. Thank you!

MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2004, 12:15 AM

when you network them first connect them go to system preferences in both machines get the IP address for each and then you will need to be in finder just click on your desktop. Then go to GO then at the bottom of the menu you will see connect to server type in the Ip address for the other mac and do the same on the second mac. As this will bring up a server window and allow you to enter your password and give you acces to the files directly. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE APPLE TALK ACTIVE AND THAT YOUR FIREWALLS ARE OFF AND EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK JUST FINE. If you have any troubles let me know and I will help you best I can.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules