Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook G4 screen problem

Powerbook G4 screen problem
jvr2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 02:14 AM

Can somone give me a definative answer as to why my screen sometimes does this when I open it?

Is there a loose wire that's just gonna get worse as time goes by... thanks for any help. It doesn't bother me right now cause it goes away in a second but I would like to get it fixed if it's only gonna get worse. I've searched the forum but can't figure out if other peoples problems are the same as mine.

rjt1000
Senior User
Dec 11, 2006, 09:28 AM

If its still under warranty, I would definitely bring it in for repair. (Bring along the photo to demonstrate what's wrong.) The folks at the Genius bar could give you an idea if its likely a cable or logic board issue.

If it's not under warranty, then I might wait to see if it becomes a bigger problem. Non-warranty repairs are often so expensive that you may want to decide if its worth it vs upgrading to a new unit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules