Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I have a shipment notice!!!

I have a shipment notice!!!
Thread Tools
freebird
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Sep 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:00 PM
 
Just looked online and there is was! Shipping today, Feb 17th!! Whoohoo!!!! No delivery estimate yet. I chose standard hoping Apple would auto upgrade as they have in the past.

Ordered 1.83 on jan 10th. Shipping est changed to 2/23 after the upgrade to 2.0
     
thefunkymunky
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:06 PM
 
Post a screenie.
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook
     
t_hah
Mac Elite
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Tempe, AZ
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:17 PM
 
Here is someone else's...
     
harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:23 PM
 
That shot says shipped - Feb 18

Its only the 17th today.......
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM
     
bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Wilsonville, OR, USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:25 PM
 
It's the 18th in China where it's shipping from.
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD
     
freebird  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Sep 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by harrisjamieh
That shot says shipped - Feb 18

Its only the 17th today.......

In China it's already the 18th.




Hello ,
We wanted to let you know that your order has shipped. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments with no additional shipping charges. An invoice for your shipped products will be emailed to you shortly. Visit Order Status to review your order at any time.

Best regards,
The Apple Store Team

Order Number:
WXXXXXXXX

Order Date:
JAN 10, 2006

Shipment Information


Shipment Date:
FEB 18, 2006

Estimated Delivery:
FEB 23, 2006

Shipping Address:
XXXXXXXXXX

Carrier Name:
FEDERAL EXPRESS

Tracking Number(s):
XXXXXXXXXXX
     
AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Philly
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:28 PM
 
FEDERAL EXPRESS might imply 2-3 day shipping, as opposd to 5-7 day via FEDEX GROUND or UPS...

let us know ! !
     
SiliconAddict
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Burnsville, MN
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:28 PM
 
When did you guys order your MBP's? I see t_hah's date but what about freebird's? Also did the shipping dates change to the 28th and then back again?
[FONT="Arial"]Jonathan
-iPod Photo 60GB
-PowerBook Pro Core Duo 2Ghz/2GB RAM/100GB[/B][/FONT]
     
freebird  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Sep 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:31 PM
 
Originally Posted by AppleCello
FEDERAL EXPRESS might imply 2-3 day shipping, as opposd to 5-7 day via FEDEX GROUND or UPS...

let us know ! !

I will as soon as FedEx updates the info. I'm hoping for the auto upgrade from standard shipping.

I ordered Jan 10th at 11:11 am Pacific.
     
turk.o
Forum Regular
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Olympia, WA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:41 PM
 
hi freebird, what size/speed HD did you order, and did you ever call apple to confirm you wanted to stay at 2GHz? thanks!
     
harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:45 PM
 
Originally Posted by bcaslis
It's the 18th in China where it's shipping from.
Damn time differences...
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM
     
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by freebird
I will as soon as FedEx updates the info. I'm hoping for the auto upgrade from standard shipping.

I ordered Jan 10th at 11:11 am Pacific.
congradulations!!

i just called apple and asked about MY order and it looks like everything expected to ship 2 weeks early. and the person on the phone said that some people are excepted to get the free upgrade. depends on when you ordered and others crap. but i think your odds of getting the free upgrade are good.
     
freebird  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Sep 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 01:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by turk.o
hi freebird, what size/speed HD did you order, and did you ever call apple to confirm you wanted to stay at 2GHz? thanks!

I ordered the stock 1.83 and I did call after the upgrades were announced to say I didn't need to go to 2.16. But I don't think that had any effect at all.

Right now all I can see for service type is IP Direct Distribution
     
Rumz
Forum Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 02:03 PM
 
Originally Posted by onlykaria
congradulations!!

i just called apple and asked about MY order and it looks like everything expected to ship 2 weeks early. and the person on the phone said that some people are excepted to get the free upgrade. depends on when you ordered and others crap. but i think your odds of getting the free upgrade are good.
2 weeks early from what? The dates they gave once they upgraded everyone's orders? Because the 18th is only 5 days early of the 23rd
     
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 03:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Rumz
2 weeks early from what? The dates they gave once they upgraded everyone's orders? Because the 18th is only 5 days early of the 23rd
lol i should have said from what.

two weeks early from the 28th, and two weeks early from the dates of the march 16th
     
M4hl3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 03:10 PM
 
People - please.

Seems like someone have been sleeping in their class(es)? or just smashed their head into the wall once or twice too many ... - ...

Here's some "friendly" advise - keep yourself in touch with the info Apple gives you!

There WILL NOT be ANY 1.66 GHz MacBook Pros - ever! - Nada! - period! Everyone who ordered a 1.66 GHz will get a 1.83 instead and those who ordered a 1.83 will get a 2.00 GHz instead and the option to increase their 2.00 GHz to a 2.16 GHz for $300. Please.. Stay in touch.

It's a Valentines present to all those who ordered a MacBook Pro from Apple.

Understand it - or will I have to explain it again .. just read what Apple have pronounced.
     
Rumz
Forum Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 03:13 PM
 
Originally Posted by onlykaria
lol i should have said from what.

two weeks early from the 28th, and two weeks early from the dates of the march 16th

Well i woulud be tickled pink if my order slated to ship March 16 actually shipped March 2, but somehow I'm not holding my breath on that one ;-) It's nice to see they're actually shipping now though.
     
sebaix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 03:46 PM
 
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know two things that can help.
1) I bought the new iMac Intel as soon as it was released. Mine left China on thursday and I got it on monday. I chose ground shipping but in this particular case, i.e. when the machines just got released they are directly shipped from China. So it doesn't change anything to upgrade the shipping to Fedex since everything is shipped 2-3 days. You're just waisting $15 or $18!!!
2) Apple said they would be validating you order if they don't hear you by Feb 18th. What I understood is that they would begin shipping on Feb 18th. And that's what's happening!!!

Seb
     
Barefoot Matt
Forum Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 04:05 PM
 
Originally Posted by M4hl3r
There WILL NOT be ANY 1.66 GHz MacBook Pros - ever! - Nada! - period! Everyone who ordered a 1.66 GHz will get a 1.83 instead and those who ordered a 1.83 will get a 2.00 GHz instead and the option to increase their 2.00 GHz to a 2.16 GHz for $300. Please.. Stay in touch.
Whoa, relax dude. I don't see anyone in this thread talking about getting a 1.67 GHz. To whom is this comment directed?

If you're responding to people saying they're "hoping for a free upgrade", they're talking about upgraded shipping, from 5-7 day standard shipping to 2-3 day expedited.
     
sebaix
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 04:16 PM
 
Nope. I'm responding to people who payed 18 bucks for nothing cos all the product sent directly from China are automatically shipped with FedEx 2-3 days to the US.

Seb
     
danonamac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 04:24 PM
 
Given that the upgrade emails said "notify us by Feb 18th" and the order then shipped, one would think that they are not processing orders.

So, I ordered Jan 11, 9am, direct with an Apple rep. If it's the 18th in China, and he ordered on the 10th, I'd imagine I'd see a shipping notice maybe on Mon or Tue....

Hmm.....
     
Barefoot Matt
Forum Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 06:08 PM
 
Originally Posted by sebaix
Nope. I'm responding to people who payed 18 bucks for nothing cos all the product sent directly from China are automatically shipped with FedEx 2-3 days to the US.

Seb
If that message was directed at me, note that my original message wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the person I was quoting. This is pretty funny seeing everyone get confused
     
M4hl3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 06:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by onlykaria
congradulations!!

i just called apple and asked about MY order and it looks like everything expected to ship 2 weeks early. and the person on the phone said that some people are excepted to get the free upgrade. depends on when you ordered and others crap. but i think your odds of getting the free upgrade are good.
BareFoot Matt.. My bad. I thought it was obvious. My reply was dirrected to this guy - OnlyKaria AND all the other impotent and completely retarded kids/childern etc. in here. I simply hate people who goes around spreading .. please just read what he wrote:

.. and the person on the phone said that some people are excepted to get the free upgrade. depends on when you ordered and others crap.
Well, where should I start?

1. "congradulations!!"? - come again?

2. I really don't think this guy/child has ever talked to "someone from Apple."

3. Why should a employee go around and saying: "Well, we have updated our MacBook Pro specs, and some will get this free upgrade. But some others will not, even though we haven't started shipping these new laptops. So all those who have been waiting for their really expensive laptop for over 1 month, will now recive a outdated laptop - great right?"

Please ask yourself this question, .. is this the Apple we know? Will Apple EVER!? do this? (if you don't know the answer to the question - which means you must be a total retard - let me help you, they wont.)

4. I'm not trying to sound like some flamer - or am I? .. nvm. Well, the reason why I'm acting as I am, is because there's so many impotent and completely retarded kids/childern etc. in here. They keep coming with these crazy comments - I'm refering to OnlyKaria's comment and all the other kids like him/her.

Mods etc, feel free to bann me or what-so-ever from this site - not that I don't care, but what can I do? Please, at least try to understand my point.

I'm not trying to bully anyone, well .. .., except the ones who keep coming with these obvious lies and (what I would consider) disgraceful behavior. Imagine that someone, who knows little about Apple, reads what he has wrote .. Nice going, you really understand how to smash things up.

One last thing, mostly to all the so called "newbs", please watch this:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Thanks for watching "Posting and You" - kids, please watch it again.

Kids, if I made you cry, I did intend to. Note to your mom: Sorry if I made little Billy cry .. ..


M4hl3r
     
mibok
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Jul 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 07:32 PM
 
M4hl3r: you shouldn't get yourself worked up like this, you cannot control the internet, everybody surfing should (and definitly will sooner than later) learn that they double check all that their read or hear... well that's because communication isn't really that simple...
     
atc ben
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, Fl.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 08:06 PM
 
Originally Posted by M4hl3r
Well, where should I start?

1. "congradulations!!"? - come again?

2. I really don't think this guy/child has ever talked to "someone from Apple."

3. Why should a employee go around and saying: "Well, we have updated our MacBook Pro specs, and some will get this free upgrade. But some others will not, even though we haven't started shipping these new laptops. So all those who have been waiting for their really expensive laptop for over 1 month, will now recive a outdated laptop - great right?"

Please ask yourself this question, .. is this the Apple we know? Will Apple EVER!? do this? (if you don't know the answer to the question - which means you must be a total retard - let me help you, they wont.)


4. I'm not trying to sound like some flamer - or am I? .. nvm. Well, the reason why I'm acting as I am, is because there's so many impotent and completely retarded kids/childern etc. in here. They keep coming with these crazy comments - I'm refering to OnlyKaria's comment and all the other kids like him/her.

Mods etc, feel free to bann me or what-so-ever from this site - not that I don't care, but what can I do? Please, at least try to understand my point.

I'm not trying to bully anyone, well .. .., except the ones who keep coming with these obvious lies and (what I would consider) disgraceful behavior. Imagine that someone, who knows little about Apple, reads what he has wrote .. Nice going, you really understand how to smash things up.
How bout you stop trying to be an internet badass and work on your own grammar and spelling before you point out other people's errors? (I took the liberty of underlining just a few of your gramatical/spelling errors in case you're really that illiterate.) Oh, and how about taking your own posting advice and read the context of the entire thread before you start berating someone? The only one here talking about spec upgrades is you. Everyone else is talking about SHIPPING upgrades. Of course, you would know that if you would read and comprehend the entire thread.

Originally Posted by M4hl3r
One last thing, mostly to all the so called "newbs", please watch this:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Thanks for watching "Posting and You" - kids, please watch it again.

Kids, if I made you cry, I did intend to. Note to your mom: Sorry if I made little Billy cry .. ..


M4hl3r
This is interesting advice for "newbs" considering you have all of 3 posts under your belt. Not that I have tons of posts myself, but I'm not the one here trying to give out "newb" advice.

( Last edited by atc ben; Feb 18, 2006 at 12:53 AM. )
-Ben- 15" Macbook Pro 2.33, 2GB RAM, 160HD, Matte
My
     
ibookuser2
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 08:10 PM
 
Originally Posted by M4hl3r
4. I'm not trying to sound like some flamer - or am I? .. nvm. Well, the reason why I'm acting as I am, is because there's so many impotent and completely retarded kids/childern etc. in here. They keep coming with these crazy comments - I'm refering to OnlyKaria's comment and all the other kids like him/her.

Mods etc, feel free to bann me or what-so-ever from this site - not that I don't care, but what can I do? Please, at least try to understand my point.

I'm not trying to bully anyone, well .. .., except the ones who keep coming with these obvious lies and (what I would consider) disgraceful behavior. Imagine that someone, who knows little about Apple, reads what he has wrote .. Nice going, you really understand how to smash things up.
You know, if you were actually paying attention, you would have noticed that the post that OnlyKaria was quoting was talking about upgrades in shipping speed. It follows that OnlyKaria's post was also about shipping speed, not processor upgrades. At least give him/her the benefit of the doubt and don't take things out of context.
     
Rumz
Forum Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 17, 2006, 09:31 PM
 
Yeah for hell's sake, the thread is ABOUT shipment of MacBook Pros. Why would anyone be talking about processor upgrades?
     
M4hl3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 07:09 AM
 
Well.. What can I say?

1. I read the entire thread - twice, and I understood the content.

2. English isn't my native language - so bear with me.

3. Not trying to be some "internet badass" - no really, I'm not.

4. How about YOU started reading?

Originally Posted by onlykaria
congradulations!!

i just called apple and asked about MY order and it looks like everything expected to ship 2 weeks early. and the person on the phone said that some people are excepted to get the free upgrade. depends on when you ordered and others crap. but i think your odds of getting the free upgrade are good.
5. "Newb", well fine. I've posted 3 posts (4 with this one). But does that really matter?
.. .. .. .. .. ..
iMac G5 - 20" - 2.5 GB SDRAM - 500 GB HD
PowerBook - 17" - 2 GB RAM - 120 GB HD - not mine, but I'm using it untill I'll receive my MacBook Pro
MacBook Pro on the way - 2.00 GHz - 2 GB RAM (1 GB installed from a 3. party) - 100 GB 7200 RPM.
30" Apple HD Cinema Display
iPod Mini
iPod 60 GB - white, of cause

Yes, that is my Apple-inventory.

6. What do you mean when you say "newb"? Fine, 4 posts.. That's because I'm not active on MacNN - due to all the "newbs".

When I use the word newb, I'm thinking about all the people out there using MS etc., everything that's NOT Apple. I'm probably just a Apple-snob, I've been told that many times, but I don't really care. (Acer will do, but no where near as good as Apple, however, it's the best non-Apple manufacturer.)

Here's some GOOD forum sites with a limited amount of "newbs". (But please, don't go there, just stay here.)

www.appleinsider.com

www.applenova.com

7. The only reason I'm registered here as a user, is because this site got a "Marketplace".

I didn't mean to spoil this thread, but someone came with some totally incorrect information - which I belive, started this whole thing.

Mods, feel free to do what you want with my account. Let's just get back on track.

Now act ben, just go back and play with your iBook and all your PC gear.

- M4hl3r
     
iobuffa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Nov 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 11:15 AM
 
Originally Posted by freebird
Just looked online and there is was! Shipping today, Feb 17th!! Whoohoo!!!! No delivery estimate yet. I chose standard hoping Apple would auto upgrade as they have in the past.

Ordered 1.83 on jan 10th. Shipping est changed to 2/23 after the upgrade to 2.0
I got my shipment notice this morning!! Exact same letter as freebird.

Order Date: Jan 10, 2006 at 10:56 AM PST

I cannot wait!!
iobuffa
switcher as of oct 2001
     
schalliol
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Carmel, IN, USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 12:36 PM
 
M4hl3r, you totally misread the content of that post, even though you seem to think you did. onlykaria was responding to freebird (the text was even quoted) about upgraded shipping. In your last post you bolded and underlined text from the onlykaria's post referring to that shipment upgrade, yet omitted what onlykaria was replying from. Look again at the thread you were originally making the comment on. I know it's tough to acknowledge you made a mistake, but it happened none the less. Even if onlykaria were saying that some would get the 1.67, that's no reason to go off like that.

Enough of this, you're welcome to appologize to onlykaira, but otherwise let's let the thread move on.

----

So, I see 2.0's shipping, yet no 1.83s or 2.16s. Apple said in the PR that it would ship the 1.83s starting next week, but made no comment about the 2.16. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Edit: It looks like at least one 2.16 has shipped.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770
     
atc ben
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, Fl.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 01:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by M4hl3r
Well.. What can I say?

1. I read the entire thread - twice, and I understood the content.
That is just sad because you still don't understand it.

Originally Posted by M4hl3r
2. English isn't my native language - so bear with me.

3. Not trying to be some "internet badass" - no really, I'm not.
When you start talking about making "little Billy cry", and talking down to people, it looks as though you're trying to be a tough guy. When in fact, you're just being obnoxious.

Originally Posted by M4hl3r
4. How about YOU started reading?
Originally Posted by onlykaria
congradulations!!

i just called apple and asked about MY order and it looks like everything expected to ship 2 weeks early. and the person on the phone said that some people are excepted to get the free upgrade. depends on when you ordered and others crap. but i think your odds of getting the free upgrade are good.
Oh, I've read the thread. The difference between you and everyone else here, is that we actually understand what's going on. onlykaria is talking about a shipping upgrade. I don't know how many times we have to point that out to you, but you still don't seem to get it.

Originally Posted by M4hl3r
5. "Newb", well fine. I've posted 3 posts (4 with this one). But does that really matter?
.. .. .. .. .. ..
iMac G5 - 20" - 2.5 GB SDRAM - 500 GB HD
PowerBook - 17" - 2 GB RAM - 120 GB HD - not mine, but I'm using it untill I'll receive my MacBook Pro
MacBook Pro on the way - 2.00 GHz - 2 GB RAM (1 GB installed from a 3. party) - 100 GB 7200 RPM.
30" Apple HD Cinema Display
iPod Mini
iPod 60 GB - white, of cause

Yes, that is my Apple-inventory.
Congratulations, at least you can add. Yes, it does matter how many posts you've got when you start opening your pie hole, telling other people how to post.

Originally Posted by M4hl3r
6. What do you mean when you say "newb"? Fine, 4 posts.. That's because I'm not active on MacNN - due to all the "newbs".
Why don't you keep it that way? You haven't contributed a damn thing yet anyways. No one is forcing you to come here, so if you hate it so much, do us all a favor and make this your last visit.

Originally Posted by M4hl3r
When I use the word newb, I'm thinking about all the people out there using MS etc., everything that's NOT Apple. I'm probably just a Apple-snob, I've been told that many times, but I don't really care. (Acer will do, but no where near as good as Apple, however, it's the best non-Apple manufacturer.)

Here's some GOOD forum sites with a limited amount of "newbs". (But please, don't go there, just stay here.)

www.appleinsider.com

www.applenova.com
Why oh why would you post the URLs of other forums you troll, and then tell us not to go there? Are you really that stupid?

Originally Posted by M4hl3r
7. The only reason I'm registered here as a user, is because this site got a "Marketplace".

I didn't mean to spoil this thread, but someone came with some totally incorrect information - which I belive, started this whole thing.
No, what started this whole thing is you, flamer. The fact that you don't see that just proves your lack of mental firepower.

Originally Posted by M4hl3r
Mods, feel free to do what you want with my account. Let's just get back on track.

Now act ben, just go back and play with your iBook and all your PC gear.

- M4hl3r
It was nice of you to give the mods permission to do what they want with your account. I think that's what they were waiting for.

Truth be told, I don't even own an iBook, but what if I did? Would that make me less of a person if I had an iBook instead of a POWERbook? Gimme a break, will ya? The only piece of Apple hardware I've got is an iPod and I'm typing this on a Windows machine that I built myself. I started coming to this forum because I wanted some insight into the MacBook Pro that I'm thinking about ordering. If that makes me a n00b, then so be it. Again, I'm not the one acting like I a 14 year old troll. I understand that I don't know everything yet, and I'm actually here to learn something from people more knowledgable about Apple products than myself.
-Ben- 15" Macbook Pro 2.33, 2GB RAM, 160HD, Matte
My
     
M4hl3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 02:46 PM
 
Originally Posted by atc ben
That is just sad because you still don't understand it.



When you start talking about making "little Billy cry", and talking down to people, it looks as though you're trying to be a tough guy. When in fact, you're just being obnoxious.



Oh, I've read the thread. The difference between you and everyone else here, is that we actually understand what's going on. onlykaria is talking about a shipping upgrade. I don't know how many times we have to point that out to you, but you still don't seem to get it.



Congratulations, at least you can add. Yes, it does matter how many posts you've got when you start opening your pie hole, telling other people how to post.



Why don't you keep it that way? You haven't contributed a damn thing yet anyways. No one is forcing you to come here, so if you hate it so much, do us all a favor and make this your last visit.



Why oh why would you post the URLs of other forums you troll, and then tell us not to go there? Are you really that stupid?



No, what started this whole thing is you, flamer. The fact that you don't see that just proves your lack of mental firepower.



It was nice of you to give the mods permission to do what they want with your account. I think that's what they were waiting for.

Truth be told, I don't even own an iBook, but what if I did? Would that make me less of a person if I had an iBook instead of a POWERbook? Gimme a break, will ya? The only piece of Apple hardware I've got is an iPod and I'm typing this on a Windows machine that I built myself. I started coming to this forum because I wanted some insight into the MacBook Pro that I'm thinking about ordering. If that makes me a n00b, then so be it. Again, I'm not the one acting like I a 14 year old troll. I understand that I don't know everything yet, and I'm actually here to learn something from people more knowledgable about Apple products than myself.
OK, enough is enough . I admit that I overreacted. However, he still said, (saying this with my own words this time) that he had talked to someone from Apple who told him that the free opgrade wasn't for everyone, that's decidedly wrong.

But I'm not doing this anymore, I partly admit I was wrong and misunderstood what he wrote and ment. And I apologize for that. I still don't feel like I was totally wrong about everything, but that's probably just because I'm obstinate.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Have you seen some pictures of this neat little beast?

http://mac.kinkykoala.com/
     
schalliol
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Carmel, IN, USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 05:28 PM
 
Thanks for the link to those impressive pictures. I wonder if there's a position called box designer at Apple.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770
     
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 05:36 PM
 
Originally Posted by M4hl3r
BareFoot Matt.. My bad. I thought it was obvious. My reply was dirrected to this guy - OnlyKaria AND all the other impotent and completely retarded kids/childern etc. in here. I simply hate people who goes around spreading .. please just read what he wrote:



Well, where should I start?

1. "congradulations!!"? - come again?

2. I really don't think this guy/child has ever talked to "someone from Apple."

3. Why should a employee go around and saying: "Well, we have updated our MacBook Pro specs, and some will get this free upgrade. But some others will not, even though we haven't started shipping these new laptops. So all those who have been waiting for their really expensive laptop for over 1 month, will now recive a outdated laptop - great right?"

Please ask yourself this question, .. is this the Apple we know? Will Apple EVER!? do this? (if you don't know the answer to the question - which means you must be a total retard - let me help you, they wont.)

4. I'm not trying to sound like some flamer - or am I? .. nvm. Well, the reason why I'm acting as I am, is because there's so many impotent and completely retarded kids/childern etc. in here. They keep coming with these crazy comments - I'm refering to OnlyKaria's comment and all the other kids like him/her.

Mods etc, feel free to bann me or what-so-ever from this site - not that I don't care, but what can I do? Please, at least try to understand my point.

I'm not trying to bully anyone, well .. .., except the ones who keep coming with these obvious lies and (what I would consider) disgraceful behavior. Imagine that someone, who knows little about Apple, reads what he has wrote .. Nice going, you really understand how to smash things up.

One last thing, mostly to all the so called "newbs", please watch this:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Thanks for watching "Posting and You" - kids, please watch it again.

Kids, if I made you cry, I did intend to. Note to your mom: Sorry if I made little Billy cry .. ..


M4hl3r
first of all, i am a 25 year old woman with a masters degree in education.

second of all, MY post was VERY clear as i was talking about SHIPPING upgrades and EVERYONE understood that but you. you are the one with the reading problem not me. so dont snap at me or anyone else because YOU CLEARLY did not understand what was CLEAR in my post.

i didnt say anything about any other kinds of upgrades. as for "he had talked to someone from Apple who told him that the free opgrade wasn't for everyone, that's decidedly wrong."

i DID talk with someone in the order status/change line, and that IS what i was told that only some people get upgrades. it makes sense that they would say that, because it would be stupid to tell everyone that they will get the free upgrade. i am NOT (and note neither are you) in a place to tell someone who works at all what does and does happen there. i said that it was my opion that odd are good of getting the free upgrade. if everyone gets its than your odds are good. i dont really understand why something that simple would lead you or anyone to have the reaction that you did.


thats one of the reasons i hate posting here unless i have particular question or situation because some posters here just dont know to be decent, and just act crazy (as you have in this thread) over the smallest thing, and most of the time when they act like that, they are wrong (as you are in this thread). seriously, i dont understand what people feel they have to gain from reacting like that over free shipping upgrades? or really anything else that someone thinks.
( Last edited by onlykaria; Feb 18, 2006 at 05:46 PM. )
     
schalliol
Mac Elite
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Carmel, IN, USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 05:42 PM
 
Tell it, sista! Certainly there are posters here that go off like he did, but don't fret, most of the posters really are fairly nice. Please don't let him turn you away from the site.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770
     
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 05:49 PM
 
now that i have said that, i have a question,

are all the comps that have been shipped from the jan orders or are new orders getting shipped? (same questioned asked in a different way) does anyone know when new orders will ship.
     
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
 
Originally Posted by schalliol
Tell it, sista! Certainly there are posters here that go off like he did, but don't fret, most of the posters really are fairly nice. Please don't let him turn you away from the site.
alright i will try.

i have been changing my apple laptop orders alot and have finally decided with my first choice the macbook pro. but in the process my ship date got pulled back a week from the 16th to the 21st of march so i really want to know when they really are shipping and what my odds of getting my machine before then are.
     
M4hl3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 06:06 PM
 
Originally Posted by onlykaria
now that i have said that, i have a question,

are all the comps that have been shipped from the jan orders or are new orders getting shipped? (same questioned asked in a different way) does anyone know when new orders will ship.
OnlyKaria, as I said, I might have overreacted just a li(iiiii)ttle bit. My bad. Had a pair of rough days, didn't really intend to be such a, what did he call me ohh yeah: "internet badass".

Now back to your question.

All the orders from January or Febuary for that sake, have been updated - so there will not be shipped any 1.66 GHz MacBook Pros. Everyone who ordered a MacBook Pro have received an e-mail or phonecall from Apple. So they had the chance to change, cancel or confirm their "old" order. The 1.66 GHz model is now a 1.86 GHz, the 1.83 GHz model is now a 2.00 GHz with the option to upgrade to a 2.16 GHz. The first 2.00 GHz have been shipped from China today (18th) - remember difference of time). The 1.83 and 2.16 models will begin shipping sometime next week.
     
M4hl3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 06:09 PM
 
Originally Posted by onlykaria
alright i will try.

i have been changing my apple laptop orders alot and have finally decided with my first choice the macbook pro. but in the process my ship date got pulled back a week from the 16th to the 21st of march so i really want to know when they really are shipping and what my odds of getting my machine before then are.
Everyones order have been pushed back a week.

originally, some peoples MacBook Pro should have been shipped 7th Febuary, they got pushed back to the 15th and.. now what? I'm not quite sure. Sometime next week i surpose, unless it's a stock 2.00 GHz it should be on the way from China as we speak.

(Go for the MacBook Pro OnlyKaira, everyone else is, just follow the stream.)
     
reybart
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NYC
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 06:11 PM
 
Originally Posted by onlykaria
alright i will try.

i have been changing my apple laptop orders alot and have finally decided with my first choice the macbook pro. but in the process my ship date got pulled back a week from the 16th to the 21st of march so i really want to know when they really are shipping and what my odds of getting my machine before then are.

Don't be frustrated. Based on my experience with apple store, even it says 3-4 weeks, as long as the product is already shipping, you will be surprised that you will be receiving it earlier than expected.
     
Peabo
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: London, England
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 06:11 PM
 
2.16s are already shipping
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz
     
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 06:17 PM
 
Originally Posted by M4hl3r
OnlyKaria, as I said, I might have overreacted just a li(iiiii)ttle bit. My bad. Had a pair of rough days, didn't really intend to be such a, what did he call me ohh yeah: "internet badass".

Now back to your question.

All the orders from January or Febuary for that sake, have been updated - so there will not be shipped any 1.66 GHz MacBook Pros. Everyone who ordered a MacBook Pro have received an e-mail or phonecall from Apple. So they had the chance to change, cancel or confirm their "old" order. The 1.66 GHz model is now a 1.86 GHz, the 1.83 GHz model is now a 2.00 GHz with the option to upgrade to a 2.16 GHz. The first 2.00 GHz have been shipped from China today (18th) - remember difference of time). The 1.83 and 2.16 models will begin shipping sometime next week.
thats fair.

grrr at delayed shipping.
     
onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Sep 2004
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 06:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by M4hl3r
Everyones order have been pushed back a week.

originally, some peoples MacBook Pro should have been shipped 7th Febuary, they got pushed back to the 15th and.. now what? I'm not quite sure. Sometime next week i surpose, unless it's a stock 2.00 GHz it should be on the way from China as we speak.

(Go for the MacBook Pro OnlyKaira, everyone else is, just follow the stream.)
here is my order history:

14th current ibook motherboard died.
15th chose to go for a new computer, ordered 15 inch macbook pro w/ 1gb ram and 120 gbHD
16th read about delayed shipping
17th canceled macbook order
17th ordered 12in power book 100GB HD, 768mb ram
17th canceled power book order, ordered 15in powerbook 120gb HD 1gb ram
18th canceled powerook 15in
18th reorder first choice macbook pro 1.83ghz w/ 1gb ram and 120gb HD


i know if my ibook were not broken i would not even mind the wait... but like this... ugh....

Originally Posted by reybart
Don't be frustrated. Based on my experience with apple store, even it says 3-4 weeks, as long as the product is already shipping, you will be surprised that you will be receiving it earlier than expected.
i hope you are right, i will spend the next few days following the word on the web and seeing what all happens with this.
     
M4hl3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 06:37 PM
 
Originally Posted by z0ne81
2.16s are already shipping
Sure about that?

.. Crazy! However, I think it's crazy to pay $300 for 160 MHz.

Same with RAM, Apple charge $300 for 2 GB RAM, I will get my MacBook Pro with 1x1 GB RAM and get 1x1 RAM installed from a 3. party. $110 for 1x1 RAM and getting it installed without braking AppleCare.

Just a quick info to all you inexperienced Apple buyers, don't buy max RAM from Apple unless you want to throw your money down the drain. Simply buy it from a 3. party and install it - it wont brake your AppleCare.
( Last edited by M4hl3r; Feb 18, 2006 at 06:44 PM. )
     
///Milien
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my own little world
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 08:10 PM
 
Originally Posted by M4hl3r
Sure about that?

.. Crazy! However, I think it's crazy to pay $300 for 160 MHz.

Same with RAM, Apple charge $300 for 2 GB RAM, I will get my MacBook Pro with 1x1 GB RAM and get 1x1 RAM installed from a 3. party. $110 for 1x1 RAM and getting it installed without braking AppleCare.

Just a quick info to all you inexperienced Apple buyers, don't buy max RAM from Apple unless you want to throw your money down the drain. Simply buy it from a 3. party and install it - it wont brake your AppleCare.
You mean $300 for 2 x 160MHz right?
 Mac Pro 8-Core 2.26GHz Xeon | 12GB RAM | 2.5TB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4870 | 24" LED Cinema Display
 Mac mini [Unibody] 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 8GB RAM | 500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD | 24" LED Cinema Display
 MacBook Air 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 256GB SDD
Too many accessories to list...
     
freebird  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Sep 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 18, 2006, 08:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by freebird
Just looked online and there is was! Shipping today, Feb 17th!! Whoohoo!!!! No delivery estimate yet. I chose standard hoping Apple would auto upgrade as they have in the past.

Ordered 1.83 on jan 10th. Shipping est changed to 2/23 after the upgrade to 2.0
Fedex like most carriers doesn't keep tracking info too up to date over the weekend. My info implies the macbook is still in China. However, the status says in transit and my delivery date now shows 2/22 by 10:30am. I suspect it's already left China.
     
M4hl3r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2006
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 19, 2006, 06:51 AM
 
Originally Posted by ///Milien
You mean $300 for 2 x 160MHz right?
Well, yes. Core Duo, correct. My bad. But still, 320 MHz is nothing noticeable. But ok, if you got the money, why not?
     
freebird  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Join Date: Sep 2002
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 19, 2006, 07:46 AM
 
Originally Posted by freebird
Fedex like most carriers doesn't keep tracking info too up to date over the weekend. My info implies the macbook is still in China. However, the status says in transit and my delivery date now shows 2/22 by 10:30am. I suspect it's already left China.

Feb 18, 2006 8:48 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK



7:10 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK



9:07 AM

Picked up

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

9:07 AM

Left origin

SHANGHAI CN



Feb 17, 2006 7:50 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx
     
Peabo
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: London, England
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 19, 2006, 09:42 AM
 
In my opinion, if you get the 2.16, you're also paying to have the fastest core duo mac out right now. That makes it significant to me!
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz
     
cms
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: between a rock and a casbah...
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 19, 2006, 10:04 AM
 
Just checked my order status here in London, and my (upgraded) 2.0 MacBook Pro shipped an hour ago. Delivery expected "on or before" February 24th. Based on previous experience of shipment dates and delivery timings. I reckon it should get here about Wednesday. Reckon I can just about hold on until then....!
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,