Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > missing document

missing document
carmenjtn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2005, 07:18 PM

I am uncertain which forum this question goes on, but I'm a little desperate. First question, I created a Word document and printed it but didn't SAVE it when I close it. Is it retrievable so I don't have to re-type the whole thing? Second question, I figured I might as well ask this one, too. I trashed a word document 3 days ago, even though I had SAVED it a couple of times while typing. Is it retrievable? Thank you.

clam2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 28, 2005, 08:19 PM

In neither case are you likely to be able to recover the documents from your computer.

For the one you printed out, if you have access to a scanner you can use ocr to get the text back.

For the document you deleted (assuming you emptied the trash too), you could send it in to a professional data recovery company and they could recover it, but it's a lot of work if you wanted to do it yourself.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2005, 11:45 AM

try opening 'recent files' in word? Maybe it keeps a backup somewhere, or it was saved somewhere else?

data recovery is very expensive, how much is that word document worth?

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

Forum Links
Forum Rules