Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Valentine's Day introduction?

Valentine's Day introduction?
christor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2005, 10:34 AM

I will be the first to admit that this speculation is pretty far out there. But what would life be without baseless speculation, so here goes...

When Jobs demoed Tiger for the first time at WWDC 2004, he demonstrated spotlight with the search terms "imac," "birthday," and "paris." Eventually, people caught on and guessed that the new imac would be unveiled at the keynote in Paris in September - of course lots of other evidence pointed in this direction, with Apple itself almost acknowledging as much.

The demonstration of spotlight at MWSF 2005 involved lots of searching for "love" and "sunset." If one goes well out on a limb, one might wonder whether a Valentine's Day (or the Tuesday, the day after Valentine's Day) introduction is in the works. Of what? Could be a new powerbook - given the EOL news, but most other evidence points only ot a speed bump. I have no idea. I also don't know if "sunset" has any significance at all. It's a pretty good word to search for when searching a library of stock pictures. Maybe "love" falls into that category too, but it does seem an odd choice.

Any thoughts? The crazier the better.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2005, 10:38 AM

I want a new PowerBook. I won't buy one right now because I want a new model.

Hope it's true that a new one will be forthcoming. It's time.

f1000
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2005, 11:01 AM

Although I risk incurring the terrible wrath of the Randman, I must say that I hope it's a G5 PowerBook.

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jan 21, 2005, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by christor:
Valentine's Day introduction?
"Valentine's Day, this is christor. Christor, this is Valentine's Day. Now, may I suggest the two of you get a room?"

Award for misleading/weird topic title of the day™

ThisGuy
Mac Elite
Jan 21, 2005, 11:15 AM

christor  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2005, 11:41 AM

Maybe instead of "Valentine's Day introduction," I should have titled it - "Will there be a significant product introduction around Valentine's Day?" Better yet - "Reading the spotlight tea leaves" or "Hidden messages in latest Stevenote that don't even require you to play the stream backwards to decode them." ThisGuy is probably right, though - probably nothing. But where's the fun in that?

bbcclo
Jan 21, 2005, 11:50 AM

What about all the soccer???
15" Ti Powerbook | 15 gig 3G iPod

christor  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2005, 11:57 AM

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you the new Mac truncated icosahedron - shipping on Valentine's Day after sunset:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truncated_icosahedron

Sorry Steve, the cat's out of the bag.

Forum Links
Forum Rules