Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > A cool Firebird feature I haven't seen in a browser yet

A cool Firebird feature I haven't seen in a browser yet
IronPen
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 17, 2003, 08:23 PM

I've been playing with Mozilla Firebird and I'm finding that I like it quite a bit. Except for the lack of spellchecking, it is a really nice full-featured OS X browser.

The cool new feature I found that I haven't seen in any other browser yet is the option to have images size automatically to fit in the browser window. To see the image in full size, simple click on it (the cursor will change to a magnifying glass with a plus in it as you move over the image) and it will display in full size. Click again and it fits in the window again. It isn't something that I have to have, it won't sell me on a browser, but it is nice to see the Mozilla project continuing to be an innovator.
MacBook C2D 2.0GHz/Combo/2GB RAM

ratlater
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 17, 2003, 08:34 PM

IE 6 does this. I find it generally annoying personally. It could be useful at times though.

-matt

Rickster
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2003, 08:37 PM

Actually, I hear that's been in IE for Windows for a year or two now. Good idea, though -- at least when given a good UI for controlling it.
Rick Roe
icons.cx | weblog

Ludovic Hirlimann
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2003, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by IronPen:
I've been playing with Mozilla Firebird and I'm finding that I like it quite a bit. Except for the lack of spellchecking, it is a really nice full-featured OS X browser.

The cool new feature I found that I haven't seen in any other browser yet is the option to have images size automatically to fit in the browser window. To see the image in full size, simple click on it (the cursor will change to a magnifying glass with a plus in it as you move over the image) and it will display in full size. Click again and it fits in the window again. It isn't something that I have to have, it won't sell me on a browser, but it is nice to see the Mozilla project continuing to be an innovator.
This is available in Camino nightlies and in mozilla.

-Q-
Nov 17, 2003, 11:32 PM

Being forced to use Win2K at work, I find this feature useful about 75% of the time. The other times it really is quite annoying.

But yeah, it's been in IE for a while now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules