Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Power Mac G5 press reaction

Power Mac G5 press reaction
Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Feb 16, 2004, 06:46 PM

Apple has added a Power Mac G5 press propaganda page on their website.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2004, 11:22 PM

In a way, it's sad to see Apple succumb to this kind of pressure. How many prospective customers are going to be swayed by shameless propaganda on Apple's own website?

I don't really care how fast my 2x2 G5 is compared to a WinTel machine. All I care is that it runs OS 10.3.2 smokin' fast.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 17, 2004, 12:27 AM

I don't care if Apple makes a web page collage of the positive reviews of the G5. I am just glad that the positive reviews exist.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 17, 2004, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by Rev-O:
In a way, it's sad to see Apple succumb to this kind of pressure. How many prospective customers are going to be swayed by shameless propaganda on Apple's own website?
Probably quite a few. I'm not surprised they did this. I would, if I were in their shoes.

Vader�s Pinch of Death
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2004, 02:08 AM

I am just glad I can actually experience a G5 instead about just reading about them and arguing about benchmarks on a computer forum.

"If it's broke, you choke."

digital_dreamer
Feb 17, 2004, 02:27 AM

Has anyone noticed that none of the links like, "tech specs," "architecture," "performance," etc. do not work?!!

"G5 processor" link works.
The bad links have /reaction/ in the path. Oops!

regards,
MAJ

P.S. How did you GET to that site? What link takes you there? I gave feedback to Apple regarding the bad links. But, now I wonder if it was for public consumption?!

P.S.S Oh, I found it! It's in the Hot News section.
( Last edited by digital_dreamer; Feb 17, 2004 at 02:36 AM. )

masugu
Senior User
Feb 17, 2004, 02:44 AM

Originally posted by digital_dreamer:
Has anyone noticed that none of the links like, "tech specs," "architecture," "performance," etc. do not work?!!

"G5 processor" link works.
The bad links have /reaction/ in the path. Oops!

regards,
MAJ

P.S. How did you GET to that site? What link takes you there? I gave feedback to Apple regarding the bad links. But, now I wonder if it was for public consumption?!

P.S.S Oh, I found it! It's in the Hot News section.

Quite sad indeed. Lots of issues with Apple's web site. You know, I have noticed a preponderance of broken links off Apple's site over the years. Whether it is their job boards, product pages etc. Ever try doing a proper search? Oy vey. I love those guys, but their web QA is lacking...

another_steve
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2004, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by Rev-O:
Like anything else, it depends on the source. There are both Mac friendly and Mac hating columnist out there. However, when you see gushing reviews coming from a source like PC Magazine, that should indicate there is something to the G5 beyond propaganda from Apple.

Steve

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 18, 2004, 04:03 AM

Originally posted by another_steve:
Like anything else, it depends on the source. There are both Mac friendly and Mac hating columnist out there. However, when you see gushing reviews coming from a source like PC Magazine, that should indicate there is something to the G5 beyond propaganda from Apple.

Steve
C|Net hates Macs.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Links
Forum Rules