Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My MacBook= DONE

My MacBook= DONE
MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 08:13 PM

I had an earlier post about my macbook charging all the way and then just staying at (Calculating...until). I called Applecare and everything was working fine until i restart my computer and it just stayed at a black screen. Ive only had it since FRIDAY!!!!!! I AM PISSED OFF... oh yeah it was a week 30. So now i have to drive 2 hours back to Atlanta to the mall to get my Macbook replaced. What the hell apple?

Weezer
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 08:58 PM

**** happens. Atleast they are replacing it and taking care of the issue.

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2006, 09:17 PM

yeah.. this would be my first bad experience with them... hopefully last. do you think they would look at me weird if i asked for one past week 30?

Dillon-K
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 6, 2006, 11:51 PM

Hey this will sound odd, but I just bought my MacBook from the Oklahoma City Apple store last Friday (the 1st, my birthday)... and I'm not sure how recent it is... How do you tell which week your MacBook is??
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Core Duo, 1GB RAM.
Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse, Brenthaven Metro (black).

MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2006, 09:04 AM

4H629EMXX5X= week 29
4H633LMZB5X= week 33
Whatever two numbers are after the 6 (which means 2006)

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2006, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by MacinTommy
do you think they would look at me weird if i asked for one past week 30?
Probably. They probably won't have any idea what you're talking about. For some reason all of the Apple store employees in stores near my house are, well, very uninformed, to put it mildly.
Linkinus is king.

lamewing
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 11, 2006, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by brokenjago
Probably. They probably won't have any idea what you're talking about. For some reason all of the Apple store employees in stores near my house are, well, very uninformed, to put it mildly.
Apple employees just play stupid. Maybe it is company policy. I have NEVER had a single Apple Store employee answer a serious software/hardware question for me. It is always something like, "....well, we don't have any information on that.", etc. It is as if Apple Store employees (INCLUDING the manager) don't use the internet.

example. I asked the store manager of the Southlake, TX store that if something is fixed three times what is Apple's Applecare policy. I asked regarging three different repairs and also three repairs of the same component and ALL I could get from this guy is that "they will take care of me". That is an EXACT quote!!! Also wouldn't tell me what that meant. Whether it was replacement, repair, etc.

Lovely huh. Cannot even tell me what the extended warranty covers, yet he tried to sell one to me. He couldn't even tell me if this specific information was on the Apple website....and this is the manager of the dang store!!!!

Plausible denial gets really old after a while. How about they stand up and take some responsibility for something?

MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2006, 08:33 AM

so i got my new macbook on friday.. it's a week 35 and its running perfect (knocks on wood)

one sick puppy
Sep 12, 2006, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by lamewing
Apple employees just play stupid. Maybe it is company policy. I have NEVER had a single Apple Store employee answer a serious software/hardware question for me. It is always something like, "....well, we don't have any information on that.", etc. It is as if Apple Store employees (INCLUDING the manager) don't use the internet.
It's not company policy, it's just a supply and demand issue. Mac's are designed to be easy enough to use for an idiot, and just as secure, and marketed as such. So why would any salesperson need to know anything technical? The only skill they need to sell the units is being able to point - to the big screen showing Apple commercials and to the cash register.

lamewing
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 18, 2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by one sick puppy
It's not company policy, it's just a supply and demand issue. Mac's are designed to be easy enough to use for an idiot, and just as secure, and marketed as such. So why would any salesperson need to know anything technical? The only skill they need to sell the units is being able to point - to the big screen showing Apple commercials and to the cash register.

You may just be right. I guess it is a sign of the times. Compare this to the way Radio Shack used to be. The person behind the counter knew the products (often in incredible detail) and could eaisly answer the toughest questions. Go to Radio Shack and it is the same as anywhere else.

BUT, I didn't just ask technical questions. The manager tried to sell me Applecare but couldn't even tell me what it covered or what the replacement policy was if a component needed to be repaired multiple times.

Forum Links
Forum Rules