Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Minecraft

Minecraft (Page 98)
andi*pandi
Dec 7, 2017, 04:54 PM

I will have to go check it out.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 7, 2017, 11:50 PM

Server lagging like hell tonight. Getting timed out constantly.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 8, 2017, 12:03 AM

I'm now getting booted in under 60 seconds every time i log on.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2017, 10:40 AM

I checked it out yesterday. Didn't have any lag issues.

andi*pandi
Dec 8, 2017, 11:08 AM

doing ok this am.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 8, 2017, 11:26 AM

I'll reset my router when I get home.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2017, 02:30 PM

Just tested, Theres allot of desync between the client and server. Watch the sun jump back and forth.

andi*pandi
Dec 9, 2017, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
If anyone is curious, Phase 1 of my big project is complete. It's located east of spawn and the nearby town. It's impossible to miss.
So, the big giant thing in the sky? I will explore more laters.

My weekly achievement is putting off my super cool build to build a proper barn because I was sick of cows everywhere. Also, getting organized. Cave is looking less caveman and more lair-ish.

andi*pandi
Dec 9, 2017, 12:42 PM

Cyclopse, if there is a backup from last night/this morning, I think I was the only one on and I think we need a rollback. I went to explore Dakar's new thing, and it disappeared. I don't mind losing my stuff.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 9, 2017, 03:58 PM

It's not in the sky so I'm not sure what your referring to. A slime island?

I'm logging on to see either way.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 9, 2017, 04:22 PM

My project is fine, however the server is laggy again.

andi*pandi
Dec 9, 2017, 06:39 PM

There was a giant light blue/aqua clear circle in the sky, looked like a ring of clear blocks. Thought maybe you'd surrounded a slime island, then dug it up to leave a ring. I nerdpoled up to it, walked around. the blocks were RF placers? I accidentally placed a stone block and then whole thing disappeared and I fell down to earth.

Odd.

I'll go look for your real project then. Any pitfalls?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 9, 2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
There was a giant light blue/aqua clear circle in the sky, looked like a ring of clear blocks. Thought maybe you'd surrounded a slime island, then dug it up to leave a ring. I nerdpoled up to it, walked around. the blocks were RF placers? I accidentally placed a stone block and then whole thing disappeared and I fell down to earth.

Odd.

I'll go look for your real project then. Any pitfalls?
when we're on together you'll have to show me

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 10, 2017, 01:40 AM

Logged on tonight and got an hour of normal play before the lagging started again.

andi*pandi
Dec 10, 2017, 03:18 PM

Oh, I SEE now. Yesterday that area was a blank void.

cage matches to ensue?

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 11, 2017, 04:06 PM

I was finally able to get on a bit this weekend. Been busy lately.

Couple things I'm noticing:
1- I've only encountered the describe "rubber banding" once. The server stats said everything was fine, if large memory usage is 'normal'. It felt like Disk IO lag, really, but that's just a guess on my part.
2- NICE STRUCTURE! I vote we all change our avatars to various super hero skins (Hulk, whatever) and go slug i out holding absurd world items (block of dirt, a minecart, etc) just for kicks!
3- This may be the most relevant: I've noticed my local client is eating more and more RAM as the world gets more and more populated with high tech toys. I'm starting to wonder if some of the mods in the pack are just laggy when enough are thrown together. I tend to lead a rather 'industrial revolution' lifestyle and I don't get a bunch of lag, but when I visit Blaze o Dakar it's like a different server. I'm not sure what can be doing it, but if anyone (Blaze to the courtesy phone please, Blaze, line one) wants to be given mod privileges to help troubleshoot I'm willing to pass them out...

Seriously, every time I'm playing the only lag I get is the H.S. rail lines, and that's normal for blasting through multiple chunks. Unless I go where higher tech stuff is running en-mass.

Oh, and we are definitely nearing our limit on server memory. Need to look into expanding that if it's not going to cost a fortune.

-cy

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 11, 2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by cycl0pse View Post
2- NICE STRUCTURE! I vote we all change our avatars to various super hero skins (Hulk, whatever) and go slug i out holding absurd world items (block of dirt, a minecart, etc) just for kicks!
Now you understand why I freaked out when the first one got corrupted doing transport. I had to recreate something similar. and that was after a week or two of terraforming the land to fit it in.

Also:
Crazy idea I had. Create a colosseum to showcase gruesome mob deaths. It's not worth the effort thi
That's what the idea is. I'm installing a power center underneath the kill area to fuel various machines, like powered spawners and traps. I'm mildly considering making it a villager torture chamber.

3- This may be the most relevant: I've noticed my local client is eating more and more RAM as the world gets more and more populated with high tech toys. I'm starting to wonder if some of the mods in the pack are just laggy when enough are thrown together. I tend to lead a rather 'industrial revolution' lifestyle and I don't get a bunch of lag, but when I visit Blaze o Dakar it's like a different server. I'm not sure what can be doing it, but if anyone (Blaze to the courtesy phone please, Blaze, line one) wants to be given mod privileges to help troubleshoot I'm willing to pass them out...
I did this and it improved things
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1ujt73W3qDZ9dz

Seriously, every time I'm playing the only lag I get is the H.S. rail lines, and that's normal for blasting through multiple chunks. Unless I go where higher tech stuff is running en-mass.

Oh, and we are definitely nearing our limit on server memory. Need to look into expanding that if it's not going to cost a fortune.
Since I'm still using the server I can certainly throw in on covering increased costs

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 12, 2017, 11:27 AM

I did run the tps command a few times and its spiking intermitently. I'm gonna try unchunkloading most of my stuff.

P
Dec 12, 2017, 11:35 AM

Switch has sold 10 million units in 10.5 months. This is admittedly somewhat behind both PS4 and Wii, but the holiday quarter is far from over.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 12, 2017, 11:50 PM

Trying to design the textures for the outside of the colosseum is murder.

I'm also trickle charging a 1.x Billion RF draconic energy core in the basement to power future shenanigans.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 13, 2017, 10:42 AM

trickle charging? want me to stop by and see if any oil is close by? If so I can do an underground generator setup with oil reserves that could get you a quick 3000-4000 rf/T when running. The generator setup I have over by my volcano isn't going to get used anytime soon, and it's not ideally setup now that I understand the limitations of the system.

-cy

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 13, 2017, 12:28 PM

Nah, it's already almost 20% and if I need to make a last push I'll activate my emergency reactor.

FYI my trickle charge is 2k rf/t

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 13, 2017, 10:01 PM

My new hotness is getting the bed glitch. Not sure what I'm doing that tempts to happen so often now.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 14, 2017, 10:55 AM

It happened to me tuesday, first time in a long time.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 14, 2017, 11:39 AM

I've been using the chisel a lot lately. That's the change I can point to

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 16, 2017, 04:03 PM

so today I log on and the server is, well, misbehaving. so I check things out.

it's idling at 60-80% CPU. Idling.

We refer to this as "not good". Something is misbehaving. I'm restarting it and going to begin troubleshooting.

Update:
OK, learned a few things. First, we had a bit of a mob problem going on. Went around to everyone's bases and killed all the skeletons, blaze's, zombies, and spiders. I didn't touch any livestock mods or slimes. This had a big improvement.

Next, I went and reduced the chunk view from 9 to 7. Not idea, I know, but give it a couple days. THAT dropped the CPU idle down to zero when no one is online.

Finally, I hate to say this, but the server CPU is affected by world graphic effects of both Immersive Engineering and Mekanism. Meaning? If I look at the pretty windmill farm spin, the server CPU load goes up. Turn around so it's not visible, it goes down. I know, I know, makes NO sense, but it's happening.

See if it's running any better. I'll try to be on later today after the server has had some idle time to see how it goes.

-cy
( Last edited by cycl0pse; Dec 16, 2017 at 04:54 PM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 19, 2017, 09:09 PM

Noticed my balcony on the Colosseum isn't symmetrical.

Pondering how to solve this problem given the scale.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 21, 2017, 10:58 AM

uh... call it a 'feature' and live with it? I'll be honest, I didn't notice that in all the times I've visited. Sometimes with big structures you just got to shrug and roll with it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 21, 2017, 02:10 PM

In our old tekkit server I made a subterranean nuclear power facility with two reactor rooms. They were one block off from each other after I built both reactors, their power systems, and the blast proof rooms that held them. That was a head shaker.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2017, 07:00 PM

Server acting up. I know its the server because if I watch the smelter, it'll freeze for a few second and when it comes back, its still on the same amount of ingots

uh... call it a 'feature' and live with it? I'll be honest, I didn't notice that in all the times I've visited. Sometimes with big structures you just got to shrug and roll with it.
It became apparent once I added load bearing columns. Still can't wrap my head around the offset.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 22, 2017, 08:23 PM

well, something is killing the server. I'm not even able to login right now.

Haven't been on in a few days myself, so not sure what's causing it. Trying to sift through the logs now, but it's not looking good.

I'll keep you posted.

-cy

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2017, 08:27 PM

I have one last idea: I have an enderio conduit pulling from an enderchest that is usually empty. I'll turn it off when I manage to get back on.

Only thing is I did what I'm doing tonight earlier in the week and I don't recall the server taking a crap on me then. And as I said, I think the server was being pissy as soon as I logged on, which is before the chest got any items in it.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 22, 2017, 08:27 PM

Server down for big backup

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 22, 2017, 08:28 PM

I have one last idea: I have an enderio conduit pulling from an enderchest that is usually empty. I'll turn it off when I manage to get back on.

Only thing is I did what I'm doing tonight earlier in the week and I don't recall the server taking a crap on me then. And as I said, I think the server was being pissy as soon as I logged on, which is before the chest got any items in it.
oh, yea. the server is unhappy about something. you have a quarry running? I see one in the log with a chunkloader going. if it's spewing material it could be clogging up the works. I'm doing a FULL backup now before I go messing around.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2017, 08:33 PM

No, I already turned off the quarry and pulled up the spot loader. Server, aside from ore in my enderchest, is as it was when I logged on.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2017, 08:49 PM

I missed the last messages before we got kicked off

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 22, 2017, 10:44 PM

update: I was able to get a debugging tool on the server (TickProfiler for anyone curious) and it's giving me issues at the following chunk: 66,-9. that translates to 1056,-144,0 to 1071,-129,15 which is up by blaze's area. I'm trying to get there now to see what there is but every time I go near it the server crashes.
thoughts before I start killing items @ coordinates?

Here's the profiler entity output:

Code:
Single Entity | Time/Tick | % TileFloatingSpecialFlower {1057,84,-141}:0 | 4.657 | 10.641 TileFloatingSpecialFlower {1059,84,-141}:0 | 4.603 | 10.518 TileFloatingSpecialFlower {1055,84,-141}:0 | 5.335 | 10.177 mana.TileSpreader {1056,86,-141}:0 | 1.906 | 4.354 TileFloatingSpecialFlower {1057,84,-135}:0 | 1.835 | 4.193 Chunk | Time/Tick | % 0: 66, -9 | 30.074 | 68.799 0: 65, -9 | 8.413 | 19.247 0: 1, 29 | 0.316 | 0.723 0: 0, 29 | 0.263 | 0.602 0: 2, 29 | 0.200 | 0.457 All Entities of Type | Time/Tick | % TileFloatingSpecialFlower | 18.177 | 41.583 mana.TilePool | 9.503 | 21.740 item.EntityItem | 8.704 | 19.911 mana.TileSpreader | 1.962 | 4.488 TileConduitBundle | 0.633 | 1.447 Average Entity of Type | Time/tick | Calls TileFloatingSpecialFlower | 1.516 | 10825 mana.TilePool | 0.793 | 10827 mana.TileSpreader | 0.245 | 7217 TileChopperDiamond | 0.095 | 1804 tile.TileController | 0.083 | 1805

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 22, 2017, 11:17 PM

Its his automated botania thing in the village if i'm reading right

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 22, 2017, 11:41 PM

UPDATE: Server running stable again

Blaze, take a look at the village hut near 1057,84,-141. I had to 'turn a block to air' at that location to get the server to unlock. Looks like you have some kind of a food farming setup there and it overflowed. Server lag is now greatly reduced and back to being playable again.

-cy

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2017, 11:18 AM

Thats weird, I disabled almost all the chunks I was loading. Those shouldn't be loaded.

Edit: so I looked and while I can see what happened the why of it eludes me. There's a limiter to turn it off and is doesn't run when I'm there.

My only though is refined storage is doing something weird like loading chunks.
( Last edited by BLAZE_MkIV; Dec 23, 2017 at 11:35 AM. )

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 23, 2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by BLAZE_MkIV View Post
Thats weird, I disabled almost all the chunks I was loading. Those shouldn't be loaded.
I'm noticing some mod items in 1.10.2 minecraft have built-in chunk loaders. fun times.
I don't think I did to much damage getting the lag to stop. If I did let me know what you need and I'll drop it off.

-cy

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 26, 2017, 05:31 PM

It's possible refined storage is loading chunks... because it happened again. Dakar and I were on today and the server was jittery. ran my TickProfiler and same chunk. Hell, same coordinates for the entity. Server crashed as we neared your place but after the reboot Dakar picked up a LOT of 64 stacks of the food.

Exactly what you are doing is beyond my minecraft mind so I tried replacing the redstone torch with a switch. Anything else we can do to give it a hard off-on button? The server doesn't seem to care the chunk is loading, but when it overflows with items it gets unruly in a hurry.

-cy

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 26, 2017, 06:29 PM

We need to put a nuke under the house and a remote detonator.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 27, 2017, 01:07 AM

Its still going. Felt the server slowing down and found more stacks on the ground again

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 28, 2017, 03:40 PM

hmmm....

Another thing that's annoying me... the FTBUTIL backup keeps resetting to 'false' after each reboot. I'm going to look into alternatives. Might need a new server mod. or maybe an update of that one (if it's server only).

As for the lag, I'll see what I can do about that . Maybe something to suck up the items or a better way to turn it off.

-cy

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 28, 2017, 05:39 PM

I was thinking about a ranged collector tied to a trash can

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 28, 2017, 08:26 PM

Ranged collector dumping into a massive crate with a full redstone signal detonating a nuke.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2017, 01:02 PM

Better idea

---

Tried my hand at making an efficient ore processing center for when I run quarries and I've decided **** it, every ore gets a dedicated machine

cycl0pse
Senior User
Dec 29, 2017, 02:08 PM

sigh.
no nukes.

This isn't an intentional PvP server. If it was, I'll give good odds that Blaze would wipe all of us before we even noticed it, and probably use tame endermen to do it.

I do think we need some kind of garbage connection until he has a chance to look into it again. I was going to go all steampunk (just for the style points) and cover the floor with conveyors to a fixed disposal area. But that's just my twisted sense of style.

But odds are I won't be back in the server for fun for a bit. This backup thing is irritating me.

-cy

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2017, 10:07 AM

Sorry was of visiting family for holidays, I'll disable the machine.

Don't worry guys there's no way to spawn withers and teleport them wherever you want.

Unless you have Extra Utilities and Draconic Evolution.

Forum Links
Forum Rules