Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Order Status Thread

Order Status Thread (Page 4)
MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2004, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Mel Dada:
ordered a 12 inch powerbook on the 23rd of April. delivery on or before May 3. I hope it's before.
i can't resist recommending this website.

http://www.unknown.nu/mercury/

In light of the technological marvels like the powerbooks being delivered here. why not try out
these radio plays . For those who love stories and would like to know more about the great Orson Welles. Here;s a page with many of his radio shows including War of the Worlds for download for free. A National Treasure indeed. I've downloaded and listened to many of these- a great way to go to sleep at night- with a great story. Welles would be pleased I;m sure to know that his radio work is now avvailable to the digital generation. Peace.

by the way the powerbook speakers are great for listening to the radio i think

mel
Wow, thanks I love old time radio, too bad they aren't all in mp3, I hate real. thanks
Mr. CaN

GeekyJeff
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2004, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by claughery:
Could you post an xbench on it plugged in??? You can download xbench free from www.xbench.com...
OK My 17" RevA 1Ghz with 60GB 4200rpm drive 1GB Mem Xbench=105.30
My 17" 1.5Ghz with 80GB 5400 rpm drive 2GB mem, 128MB vram=132.96
Dual 2.0Ghz PM 23" Al Cinema Display
17" 1.5Ghz Al PB
17" iMac

mishap
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2004, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by t.hill:

I just ordered some crucial memory and if that beats my powerbook here I am going to be very upset.

My crucial order of 1GB of RAM was at my door almost exactly 24 hours after i submitted my order (free shipping too).

Mighty Speed.

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2004, 08:04 PM

My new PB made it to Alaska.
Mr. CaN

James L
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2004, 10:34 PM

Well,

My PB now reads "released for delivery", however it is still in winnipeg, MAN and I am in Vancouver, BC! So, in essence, it is "released for delivery" about 1500 miles from my house!

They still say it will be delivered tomorrow though. I can't wait!

K107
Apr 26, 2004, 10:57 PM

Ok I My order says shipped. I checked the FedEx tracking it says I get it est. may 1st. Its says Package information transmitted to FedEx that was at 7:15pm. So I guess it will be in trainst tomorrow. The apple site say est dat the 28th. I can't wait. It hurts the pain the pain

iomatic
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2004, 11:59 PM

got the 12" this morning before 10:30; shoulda been here wed., but i'm not complaining. the left palm gets a little hot even with the coolpad, but it's been 85� here in Portland, so it's not unacceptable given the circumstances-- been very busy, will get back to board with more reports... 5400rpm drive makes a difference!

Konsole
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 12:39 AM

i got my 15".

I love it, its sexy and gorgous.

best laptop evAr!
15" PB 1.5ghz 128vram/512ram/80gb

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 12:45 AM

Hey y'all, should I be upset that my order hasn't shipped yet?

I ordered it last tuesday, and I even tacked on the $12 for expedited delivery. The guy promised me that I'd receive it by Monday (yesterday) at the VERY LATEST!

What's the deal?

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 01:41 AM

I just got an email saying that they've moved my Ship date back 4 days. What is that?!

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 01:44 AM

Hey y'all, should I be upset that my order hasn't shipped yet?

I ordered it last tuesday, and I even tacked on the $12 for expedited delivery. The guy promised me that I'd receive it by Monday (yesterday) at the VERY LATEST!

What's the deal?
Prob is, the $12 charge doesn't kick in untill it ships.
Mr. CaN

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by James L:
Well,

My PB now reads "released for delivery", however it is still in winnipeg, MAN and I am in Vancouver, BC! So, in essence, it is "released for delivery" about 1500 miles from my house!

They still say it will be delivered tomorrow though. I can't wait!
Ok, so now mine has been released for delivery in INDIANAPOLIS IN, and I am in Kansas City KS, so I guess it must be standard practice for FedEX to deliver to the wrong area.
Mr. CaN

AgBlue
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 02:30 AM

Ordered Monday, 15in pb upped ram/hd. I wonder what's going on with mine. Hopefully it'll ship tomorrow like my Order status says (it's still open as of now). If it gets pushed back, I'm going to call and see what's the deal. I ordered early Monday and I know many of you guys already got yours or is already in shipping. Gah.. the agony of waiting..

AgBlue

AgBlue
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 03:53 AM

Alright, finally, ordered Monday last week and it finally shipped on the 27th, at 12:40 am. Guess apple wasn't kidding when they told me it was going to be out on/before the 27th. They sure waited as long as they could. Owell, I hope it gets here on Wednesday.. Woohoo.

AgBlue

Jonesy
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2004, 05:36 AM

Has anyone in the UK or Europe had their PowerBooks yet? Mine shipped from Taiwan on 23rd but the AppleStore said that the order tracking system is not updating for some reason. They think it is sitting in a warehouse in the Netherlands and may be with me by this Friday!

My old 400MHz TiBook died and I am stuck with a PC until it arrives. I am desparate for my new one. Please give me some hope.

JayTay
Apr 27, 2004, 05:45 AM

I'm in the UK and mine is still showing as being picked up from Shanghai on the 23rd and nothing else.

gostan
Apr 27, 2004, 05:57 AM

My 15" bto was placed on Monday April 19th at 5:42 PST. Order was shipped at 11:30 AM on April 27th. Apple had promised shipment on or before April 27th. Thanks Apple. Now I hope that FedEx can deliver to Boston by Thursday, April 29th.
24" Intel Core 2 Duo IMac 2.4 Ghz
15.4"/2.4 GHZ MacBook Pro

vinster
Senior User
Apr 27, 2004, 06:11 AM

Originally posted by JayTay:
I'm in the UK and mine is still showing as being picked up from Shanghai on the 23rd and nothing else.
Same here, no new activity since the 23rd. Hoping for an update today.

claughery  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2004, 06:15 AM

YES!!! IT HAS SHIPPED!!! :-)

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2004, 06:35 AM

same as the other UK posts, no update since 23rd. As I'm in the wrong country to receive the thing, I don't care, but it had better arrive before I return!!

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2004, 07:39 AM

Apparently, mine has shipped too. Just have to wait a few days or so for it to start showing in the tracking site.

Joy

JimKane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 08:19 AM

I just got an email saying that they've moved my Ship date back 4 days. What is that?!
I got the same email at 12:20AM today. However at 4:15AM I got a follow up that my PowerBook has been turned over to FedEx for delivery. Whooot!

Should be here no later than Friday, although I'm hoping for Thursday.

vinster
Senior User
Apr 27, 2004, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by vinster:
Same here, no new activity since the 23rd. Hoping for an update today.
Looks like UK shipments are starting to progress. My order status now shows it's arrived at the terminal in Luxembourg.

jmelrose
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 09:29 AM

My PB order was pleaced 8pm EDT the 21st. Est ship was OOB 4/30.

This greeted me this morning:

Apr 27, 2004
11:46 am Left FedEx Origin Location SHANGHAI CN
11:30 am Picked up by FedEx_SHANGHAI CN_

Estimated Delivery Date: 4/27/04 before 10:30am.

Yay!

PB is a 15" BTO 1.5ghz w/128 VRAM, 80GB 5400... 512MB RAM
The printer, AIrEX, and extra RAM is already here or en route. Just waiting on the extra battery.

Anyone care to buy a used 667 TiBook w/48GB HD, 786MB RAM? Drop me a line! I've got a price in mind but I'd like to see what folks offer me. It's still under Applecare, so I'm going to send it in before I pass it on to a seller. There's nothing really wrong, but I'll tell them the hinge is loose (it isn't really, just a little from 2+ years use) and see what else they find to fix on it while they've got it. Perhaps I'll make a rightful stink over the paint on the outside bezel showing some wear. It's been a home-use Powerbook so it's not one that's been bouncing around in a bag daily.

Anyway, anyone else's on my flight? :-)

_
“A man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.” -Mark Twain

Current rig: 15" MBP i7 2.6Ghz 16GB RAM 1TB Flash Drive

Mel Dada
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 09:46 AM

ordered 12 inch pwerbook BTO w/80gig harddrive. ordered afternoon of April 23. got email this am that it will be delivered by 10:30 am April 30. It's left Shanghai. Wow speed on the base paths!only a week door to door.

oh and by the way-make love not war.
mel

krassy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by Mel Dada:
ordered 12 inch pwerbook BTO w/80gig harddrive. ordered afternoon of April 23. got email this am that it will be delivered by 10:30 am April 30. It's left Shanghai. Wow speed on the base paths!only a week door to door.

oh and by the way-make love not war.
mel
i checked my order-status today. my 12" is set back to a shipment-date on the 6th of may

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2004, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by vinster:
Looks like UK shipments are starting to progress. My order status now shows it's arrived at the terminal in Luxembourg.
Same here. It's arrived at 12.28 in Luxembourg.

JayTay
Apr 27, 2004, 10:07 AM

Well as mine has arrived in Luxembourg as well I'm hoping it'll leave Luxembourg later today, arrive in the UK Wednesday then get to my local depot late Wednesday/early Thursday so I hope it'll be with me Thursday afternoon or some time on Friday.

jmelrose
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 10:14 AM

New update: Mine left the FedEx ramp at 9:20pm 4/27 from Shanghai.

Weird to think that it's 12 hours difference, and their day is coming to an end there, and that it will now travel back in time to arrive in Alaska before it left Shanghai!
“A man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.” -Mark Twain

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by JimKane:
I got the same email at 12:20AM today. However at 4:15AM I got a follow up that my PowerBook has been turned over to FedEx for delivery. Whooot!

Should be here no later than Friday, although I'm hoping for Thursday.

I didn't get that email. I'm very upset.

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2004, 10:33 AM

Well an interesting story...

Ordered early 4/19 17" 1GB (1 slot, have another Apple 1GB already to go in the other slot), 128MB VRAM, 5400rpm drive. Shipped 4/23, arrived early 4/26. Good so far. Get box, notice that the model number and serial number matched what I was sent but it says 512MB ram???

Open up run system profiler, 128 vram, 512MB ram (bad), Toshiba HD. At this point only 5400 HD I knew of was the Hitachi. Also I saw one of the new rev C 17" in a store and it had a Toshiba HD.

Phone Apple, spend two hours talking to several people. Short version, HD is 5400 it's the MK8026GAX which from google searches while waiting on the phone is 5400. The Toshiba MK8026GAS they are using also in some models is 4200. After several proposals it looks like they will send me a 1GB DIMM and I will send back the 512MB DIMM. On a funny note, later in the day I got a call about arranging to send the 512 back. I asked when I was getting the 1GB and they weren't sure. I said I would happily send back the 512 once I got the 1GB but not before because that would remove the memory. The person said "Oh I forgot about that".

Anyone else gotten a new one with 5400 drive that's a Toshiba? Also else gotten a misconfiguration?
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 10:55 AM

Mine has been delivered, unforginitaly I can't go get it for awhile, but I will post a message from it when I get a chance.
Mr. CaN

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2004, 11:22 AM

Well I bought my first PowerBook just a few minutes ago. I bought the 12" with a 1.33GHz and SuperDrive. I upgraded the hard drive to the 80GB 5400 RPM drive for the performance. I have a 21" CRT that I'll hook it up to when I'm in my home office doing development. I'm so excited. For some reason I can't pull up the Apple site though and check the date expected, strange.

Ordered: 4/27/2004
Expected: 5/4/2004
Arrived: ????
( Last edited by troymurray; Apr 27, 2004 at 02:05 PM. )
Troy Murray

Mel Dada
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by troymurray:
Well I bought my first PowerBook just a few minutes ago. I bought the 12" with a 1.33GHz and SuperDrive. I upgraded the hard drive to the 80GB 5400 RPM drive for the performance. I have a 21" CRT that I'll hook it up to when I'm in my home office doing development. I'm so excited. For some reason I can't pull up the Apple site though and check the date expected, strange.
i had a hard time finding it as well but after a letter to apple they gave me this page to czech.

https://store.apple.com/Your/WebObje...ndOrderPage.wo

by the way i ordered the same laptop w/ same extras and i think it'll be here friday only a week after i ordered it.

don't follow leaders, but watch you're parkin' meters
mel

icebookdude
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 12:47 PM

I am in Germany. Ordered on Friday, shipped today!!

scoot
Apr 27, 2004, 01:06 PM

Ordered the day of the announcement.
Shipped 4/23. After a weekend spent in Anchorage and Alaska, with Fedex showing an expected arrival of 4/28, it arrived 4/26, yesterday morning.
I chose standard shipping, assuming the vast majority of wait time would be waiting for Apple to ship it.

Apparently that assumption was correct. Despite choosing the 'ground' shipping option, instead of the 'still slow 3-5 days' option, it was still shipped International Priority. I believe this would happen with any item Apple ships from China.

So far, so good. Looks great, no dead pixels (at least none that I've found). Not hot either, though I've not yet worked it hard. The hinge is looser than I would like, but not quite out of the expected range.

jmelrose
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 01:34 PM

"The hinge is looser than I would like, but not quite out of the expected range."

I think the AL books have a counterweight which intentionally makes it swing/move more easily, but still hold in place once stopped.

Anyone know otherwise?

mnemons
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 01:41 PM

I am using my new 15" PB to reply now.
The screen is improving (compared with the first generation 15" Al--the white spot one)
Everything works fine, however, when I tried to register Apple Care online, it always shows my Apple Serial Number is WRONG.

here is the System Profile

Machine Model: PowerBook G4 15"
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.1)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.8.4f1

Video Card

Type: display
Bus: AGP
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

SuperDrive

Manufacturer: MATSHITA
Model: MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-825
Revision: DAM5

HardDrive

Capacity: 74.53 GB
Model: TOSHIBA MK8026GAX
Revision: PA002B

Life is too important to be taken seriously -Oscar Wilde

krassy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by icebookdude:
I am in Germany. Ordered on Friday, shipped today!!
where did you order? apple-store online?
i ordered at cyberport.de - today the pushed my order to 6th of may - i cancelled the order and found another local dealer who can deliver until monday... ! whohooooo!

Uriel
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 03:46 PM

I ordered my Powerbook Sunday evening. It has a ETA of or before next Monday. I ordered a 15, 128mb vram, 5400 rpm, combo drive. 1.5 al. I'm really excited, it's my first laptop.

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 04:41 PM

I just ordered a 15" PB 1.5, 80gb 5400, 128 vram, 1 so-dimm 512mb, combo, and overnight shipping for 2180 with tax/shipping. It should be here by 5/1/04. I hope!

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 05:20 PM

Just got off the phone with apple. It might go out tonight or tomorrow. The three people that told me it was ready to ship on friday, saturday, and sunday all lied to my face. The girl told me that it only went into processing or whatever tonight, and she apologized for what the other people said to me. However, what she said was the exact same thing that the other 3 people said...except she apologized too.

Camelot
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2004, 06:01 PM

I have two 15" BTO PowerBooks on order.

Received shipping confirmation today. Shipped from Shanghai, China. Est arrival 2/29.
Gods don't kill people - people with Gods kill people.

mishap
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2004, 09:13 PM

POST #1000!!

oh yeah, and 12" powerbook arrived

Ordered on Wednesday
Shipped Monday
Recieved Tuesday
(pretty nice!)

and now... 24 is on.... life is good.

spathi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 09:14 PM

Ordered my 12" Powerbook, with 80 gig drive on the 22nd of April, my On or before date is the 10 of May, my order is still open.

Any other Aussies out there order a new powerbook? would be interested in hearing your order times.

As long as i don't go through the 'Great 17" (Rev A) Order Wait of 2003' I'll be happy
17" PB /w 1 gig of ram

Camelot
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2004, 09:31 PM

My 2 PowerBook 15" BTOs left Shanghai, China today and are currently listed as sitting in Anchorage, AK.

Estimated delivery date, 4/29
Gods don't kill people - people with Gods kill people.

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2004, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by mishap:
POST #1000!!

Ordered on Wednesday
Shipped Monday
Recieved Tuesday
(pretty nice!)

Yeah, you ordered after me, and not only did you get yours before me, you got it before mine even shipped.

I hate you.

dwishbone
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 27, 2004, 10:04 PM

mine is stuck in customs. its EDT has already slipped from the 28th to the 29th. i want my money back for expidited 2 day shipping apple!!!
24" iMac 2.13ghz C2D | 15" MBP 2ghz CD | "Soundwave" 60GB 5G iPod

jmelrose
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by mishap:
POST #1000!!

Ordered on Wednesday
Shipped Monday
Recieved Tuesday
(pretty nice!)

Can you print your FedEx tracking info, to give an idea of the timeframe involved?

Thanks!
Jeff

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2004, 11:27 PM

Here it is, the first post, from my first mac. Yea. Got a great picture of it coming home on my moblog mrcan.textamerica.com
Mr. CaN

Forum Links
Forum Rules