Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Furiosa is coming.

Furiosa is coming.
reader50
Administrator
Oct 13, 2020, 11:47 PM

It's finally happening. George Miller is set to write, produce, and direct a prequel telling the story of Imperator Furiosa. This had already been written before Mad Max: Fury Road as backstory.
Furiosa is in advanced development with Warner Bros and will also star Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, with Miller directing, co-writing (with Nico Lathouris) and producing under the banner of his Australian-based company Kennedy Miller Mitchell. Doug Mitchell will return to co-produce.
Furiosa herself has been recast (for age reasons) to Anya Taylor-Joy. George Miller explains:
“For the longest time, I thought we could just use CG de-ageing on Charlize, but I don’t think we’re nearly there yet,” Miller continued.
It's in preproduction, with no release date set. IMDB has an entry, which can be checked for whenever a date gets announced.

We need more Mad Max doses. Gotta get them while Miller is still with us. Hopefully it won't take 15 years this time.

andi*pandi
Oct 13, 2020, 11:56 PM

I'm ok with recasting if she is awesome. If it's an origin story it would make sense. Maybe have charlize in an intro or voiceover...

Forum Links
Forum Rules