Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > finder problem

finder problem
gambo
Mar 15, 2006, 12:00 AM

When i click on the apple in the top righthand corner of my imac g5 i get
forcequit
sleep
sleep
restart
restart
shutdown
shutdown
log out ...
log out ...

Duplicates were done intentionally thats the problem .. any idea?

JKT
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2006, 08:53 AM

You have (unintentionally?) turned on VoiceOver - the menu items are not duplicates like you have listed (the second option will be lacking the ellipsis (which means that selecting it will cause the action to occur immediately without any prior warnings - it is the equivalent of holding option down while making the same menu selections when VoiceOver is off).

To turn off VoiceOver (assuming you don't actually use it), go to System Preferences>Universal Access>Seeing.

The default shortcut for activating it is command-F5 which is also used in Quark for something so some people can activate VoiceOver by mistake. There may be other apps that use the same shortcut or it could just have been a mistype that switched it on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules