Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Powermac G3 for Parts or Fixing

FS: Powermac G3 for Parts or Fixing
Mitser
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2004, 12:47 PM

M little sisters B&W G3 Powermac logicboard failed on us. As I do not want to fix it, I am parting it out or selling it whole. The problem is the computer fires up but there is no video. I have tried multiple video cards but that does not seem to be the problem. It is the complete computer w/ the following specs:

B&W Case w/ PSU of course
Rev.2 Logicboad (possibly broken)
350 CPU
DVD Drive
128 mb Ram x2
64 mb Ram x2
20 GB Hard Drive
ATI Rage 128 PCI Video Card
Original mouse and keyboard

The way I will work this is you tell me what part you want, name the price, and it is yours. If you want to buy the whole computer, that is fine too, also just name your price. If I get no response in about 2 days I will pull it apart and put the individual parts on ebay.

Matthew
[email protected]

OneMacGuy
Senior User
Sep 28, 2004, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Mitser:
M little sisters B&W G3 Powermac logicboard failed on us. As I do not want to fix it, I am parting it out or selling it whole. The problem is the computer fires up but there is no video. I have tried multiple video cards but that does not seem to be the problem. It is the complete computer w/ the following specs:

350 CPU
DVD Drive
128 mb Ram x2
64 mb Ram x2
20 GB Hard Drive

The way I will work this is you tell me what part you want, name the price, and it is yours. If you want to buy the whole computer, that is fine too, also just name your price. If I get no response in about 2 days I will pull it apart and put the individual parts on ebay.

Matthew
[email protected]
Try replacing the battery, believe it or not this will often fix this problem.
Chappaquidick 1, Cheney 0

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2004, 07:08 PM

350 CPU
DVD Drive
128 mb Ram x2
64 mb Ram x2
20 GB Hard Drive

Matthew
[email protected]

YGM
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

Mitser  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2004, 08:51 PM

Thank you OneMacGuy, I will try that tomorrow. Bowwowman, I do not believe your mail arrived.

Thanks

OneMacGuy
Senior User
Oct 5, 2004, 04:18 PM

Thank you OneMacGuy, I will try that tomorrow. Bowwowman, I do not believe your mail arrived.

Thanks
Whatever happened to this? Did you try it?
Chappaquidick 1, Cheney 0

holstien
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2004, 04:42 PM

I bought the mac from Mitser, and it seems like the video card doesn't cooperate well with video switches. I powered it up in my lab when I got it, and it couldn't see the drive, but all was well. I got home and plugged it into the video switch, NOTHING!. But, if plug a monitor in directly, it seems to be happy. I'll get OS X up and running on it and see if it stays alive. Maybe a wire in his sister's monitor cable broke. I can't find any other specific references to this problem with 10 seconds on google, so it could be there's something else wrong... we'll see how it goes.
->Crafted with care by the red-bearded pirate<-

holstien
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2004, 06:45 PM

Actually, there is no issue with monitor switches, at least in hardware. I plugged it into the wrong monitor switch the first time. Now that i've plugged the right one it, it works just fine.

Hermf.
->Crafted with care by the red-bearded pirate<-

Forum Links
Forum Rules