Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Gaming News & Discussion

Gaming News & Discussion (Page 100)
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 28, 2015, 10:34 AM

Got two email for the Planetside 2 beta. Apparently the first batch of codes they sent out were borked.

16 GB dl, so I might get to try it out tonight.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2015, 01:25 PM

Anyone here played Dying Light? A few of my PSN friends have been raving about it. Sek, I think this game will be to your liking.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 28, 2015, 01:32 PM

Odd, I heard some negative things about it. Difficulty maybe. Not sure.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 28, 2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Anyone here played Dying Light? A few of my PSN friends have been raving about it. Sek, I think this game will be to your liking.
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Odd, I heard some negative things about it. Difficulty maybe. Not sure.
I watched a video on it. The previewer claimed the combat was clunky and the much-hyped parkour system was terrible.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2015, 04:10 AM

P
Jan 29, 2015, 06:37 AM

This article is worth a read:

This is why paid DLC is here to stay | Polygon

The TL;DR is that EA made $314 million on DLC last quarter. Their total revenues for the quarter were $1.1B. The increase in DLC sales appears to have come from console, as PC total sales declined slightly, and mobile is still not that important for them. Basically, EA sells console games on disc but doesn't make too much profit on it, and covers that by selling overpriced DLC - or put another way, EA has found its customer and it ain't me.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 29, 2015, 12:11 PM

I bought Battlefield Premium.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2015, 03:43 PM

Shaddim already has one.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2015, 06:00 PM

I want one, that's for sure. But, 25Gs?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 30, 2015, 02:19 PM

PS TV $60 on amazon and I'm seriously tempted.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 30, 2015, 02:28 PM

I should add, that 25% savings from $80.

Why would I do it? Because I get vita games free with PS+ and the TV can play them. Also game streaming (useful for those simple PSN freebies as well).

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 30, 2015, 02:51 PM

I bought the damn thing (amazon points). You may call me Dakar54.

I'll probably need another controller at some point, but I'll make do for now. Coincidentally, a controller cost the same as the system.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 30, 2015, 02:54 PM

This month also looks to be the first that I download both PS+ games for the PS4
PlayStation Plus: February’s Free Games – PlayStation.Blog
Apotheon is gorgeous and unique, and transistor looks like it has potential.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jan 30, 2015, 03:10 PM

Oh I finally got around to the PS2 beta last night. It has promise. It is also buggy. The screen bounds are outside my screen (like it needed a 1:1 pixel mapping mode), there's not insignificant screen tearing, it crashes occasionally (It crashed the OS I think, too).

On the plus side, while it has an obvious steep curve, the gameplay is solid in the early going. There's significant recoil, which makes long distance engagements lengthy. Controls feel snappy, player movement mostly good (steep hill are unclimable so sometimes you are running around the base looking for a less steep entry). At one point we were attacking a base and we noticed their team fighting back from high ground next to it. So we pushed them off it, only to find them take high ground behind that. It was kind of fun to have this chess-like mentality for strategic locations.

Lots of variety in classes. Like maybe 6. Sniper, light assault, heavy assault, engineer, medic, and Max. The last was where I went on some runs last night. The max is an armored super soldier, with slower movement (their sprint is more like everyone else's walk), a weapon in each hand (machine gun and grenade launcher) and no ability to ADS or cap points. One of the highlights for me was rushing an area to take out a guy and then having my team rush after me once it was cleared.

Still getting the hang of abilities and who has them. Spawning is a little weird in the early going, but they help by having mobile spawn points you can set up (think the troop carrier from BF, not the spawn beacon). The HUD is pretty busy, the squad option unintuitive, and when you're attacking an area what you're supposed to do isn't always obvious.

Still for a couple hours, I came away happy, having had fun. That's a good sign.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 4, 2015, 02:12 PM

I forgot the PS TV was slightly bigger than a flash drive.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 4, 2015, 04:35 PM

Oh I finally got around to the PS2 beta last night.

Still for a couple hours, I came away happy, having had fun. That's a good sign.
Reading all of that made me wish I could try it. Hopefully this kid starts sleeping soon.

I forgot the PS TV was slightly bigger than a flash drive.
How do you like it so far?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 4, 2015, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
How do you like it so far?
Really didn't get a chance to use it. I was downloading like 25 GB of stuff last night. The remote play seemed laggier than I expected for being wired, but I suspect my bridged router may be effing with things.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get PS+ games as well.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 5, 2015, 10:20 AM

MS really doing a 180º on their successful indie program from last gen.
Microsoft's indie developer's still haven't got their September payments. - NeoGAF

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 5, 2015, 01:47 PM

Any impressions on the Hardline Beta?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 5, 2015, 01:55 PM

****ing busy server...

Still feels like GTA wannabe, and BF4 DLC; Visceral still blows minds by implementing common sense features BF4 should have had like having Cap boundaries on the mini-map and vehicle respawn cooldown within the GUI.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 5, 2015, 02:12 PM

I forgot to note, amazing rubberbanding in CQ large. I got flashbacks to the BF4 launch. That's a huge strike against the game – BF4 solved it almost a year ago!

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2015, 03:39 PM

New colleague is raving about it (on PC). Loves all zombie apocalypse/survival type games and rates Dying Light as one of the best.

Saw this : Guy Beat Dying Light With No Weapons

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 8, 2015, 06:33 AM

Didn't see this here, but it's big news for PC gaming. SLI & Crossfire rigs will get a memory boost? Looks that way. New revisions to low-level APIs, specifically in Mantle and DX12, will allow you to access all of your video memory in multi GPU setups. It's about time!

P
Feb 9, 2015, 07:49 AM

I saw that, but I'm slightly unclear on how it will work. Right now all memory is used, but a lot of the content is doubled, as it has to be close to both GPUs. Two GPUs on the same card, that I can see - you can make a crazy high bandwidth connection between the memory pools to allow for reads from one chip to the other pool directly - but two cards? That would have to be over PCIe, and PCIe is extremely bandwidth limited.

A more likely way, perhaps, is to use split frame rendering so each card only loads textures used in its part of the frame.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2015, 02:25 PM

That's the way it was explained to me; if you're running a dual GPU setup, each GPU renders half the frame, in 3 GPU setups it's 1/3rd of each frame, etc.. However, with each GPU ~10-20% of processing power and frame buffer is lost for compositing and error correction. Plus, developers have to enable this within the code themselves, it doesn't simply happen by default, so some lazy devs may not even implement it at all, since the number of people using Xfire and SLI is relatively small. I do think most AAA titles will, though, along with many of the more aspiring indies.

P
Feb 9, 2015, 02:40 PM

What you are describing is called Split Frame Rendering, SFR. That is currently only supported on AMD cards using Mantle. Anything else and you use Alternate Frame Rendering, AFR, which means that each card renders every other frame. This is bad because it doubles latency and because both cards need acces to the entire set of textures (the extra compositing overhead on the main card happens for both SFR and AFR). I suspect - though I obviously don't know - that the better memory usage comes as part of a move to SFR with DirectX12, so each card doesn't have to have the complete texture set.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2015, 04:11 PM

Heard that nvidia is making driver changes to take advantage of DX12's benefits, but it'll be a while. I'm also moving away from team Red on my gaming rig (and installing the Titan blacks in my work rig). I received a box with cool stuff in it, that I won't talk about too much right now, but that means I have to get out my tools and take apart part of my WC loop and bleed that today. A small inconvenience but totally worth it.
( Last edited by Cap'n Tightpants; Feb 9, 2015 at 04:23 PM. )

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 9, 2015, 10:30 PM

Photos when done, please.

If need be, post them in the other thread.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2015, 08:01 AM

I'd love to, but it's pre-release hardware. Pretty generic cards, anyway, no neat graphics on them.

P
Feb 11, 2015, 04:25 PM

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2015, 05:29 PM

Funny thing is I had the same initial response as most people, including Dakar. "Meh"

Dead Island failed to impress and Dying Light seems, on the surface, to be more of the same. It wasn't until recently I watched some let's play vids and started coming around.

I feel like it'd be co-op or bust for me buying the game, did you have interest Crosbie?

Originally Posted by P View Post
Sweet baby jesus yes

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 11, 2015, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Sweet baby jesus yes

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 13, 2015, 10:38 AM

https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB/status/565849520261828608
We're getting there, but there's still a lot of server development needed to support the PS+ Edition.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 13, 2015, 12:32 PM

Apparently there's a lightning deal for the PS TV today at $40. **** you, amazon.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 13, 2015, 02:18 PM

The gaming center of the internet has been set aflame by a ballsy interview from rockpapershotgun with everyone's favorite over-promiser, Peter Molyneux.
The commentary ranges from well-deserved to this being ambush journalism. Supposedly developers on twitter have not take well to it.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015...n-kickstarter/
RPS: Do you think that you’re a pathological liar?

Peter Molyneux: That’s a very…

RPS: I know it’s a harsh question, but it seems an important question to ask because there do seem to be lots and lots of lies piling up.

Peter Molyneux: I’m not aware of a single lie, actually. I’m aware of me saying things and because of circumstances often outside of our control those things don’t come to pass, but I don’t think that’s called lying, is it? I don’t think I’ve ever knowingly lied, at all. And if you want to call me on one I’ll talk about it for sure.

RPS: During the Kickstarter for Godus you stated, regarding that you don’t want to use a publisher stating, “It’ll just be you and our unbridled dedication (no publishers).” And five months later you signed with a publisher.
RPS: You’re asking me to accept that you know you’ve run late on every game you’ve ever made but you were going to finish this one in a ludicrous and obviously impossible seven months?

Peter Molyneux: No, I didn’t say absolutely we’d be there, I said we’d try to finish it on this time. And why are you beating me up on these dates things? You sound like a publisher.

RPS: It’s three years later! People gave you half a million pounds and you’ve taken their money–

Peter Molyneux: One is, John, you’re becoming very emotional, I think firstly you need to take a breath, because if I had walked away from Godus I’d agree with your points, but I haven’t walked away from Godus. We are committed to Godus, we are recruiting people to go on to Godus, I have never moved that percentage beyond 52% where it is now.

RPS: How long should backers wait for you to deliver the game they paid for three years ago?

Peter Molyneux: I don’t know. All I know is that there are people here that have been working on Godus, that we have worked on Godus for one hundred and twenty thousand man-hours. We have got three terabytes of documentary feature. We’ve replied to 31,000 posts and tickets. We’ve done 57 community videos. Do you know how many updates we’ve done on Steam?

RPS: I don’t think anyone who paid for the game cares.

Peter Molyneux: How many updates have we done on Steam?

RPS: I don’t think anyone who paid for the game cares. I think they want the game they paid for three years ago or their money back.

Peter Molyneux: We’re trying as hard as we possibly can.

RPS: I don’t think you are. You’ve said yourself–

Peter Molyneux: John, John, John–

RPS: You said yourself, that you should not have gone and focused on the mobile version until the PC version was finished. This is all very disingenuous in light of you saying that.

Peter Molyneux: No, I actually said, “I wish I hadn’t focused on,” I didn’t say I shouldn’t have done.

RPS: [Laughs]

RPS: Your lead developer on Godus said on your forum that, “To be brutally candid and realistic I simply can’t see us delivering all the features promised on the Kickstarter page. Lots of the multiplayer stuff is looking seriously shaky right now, especially the persistent stuff like Hubworld.”

Peter Molyneux: Well, let me explain that. That was Konrad, and he actually is a backer of Godus.

RPS: A backer who pursued the job at your company because he was so dissatisfied with the state of the game. That’s what he said on your forum.

Peter Molyneux: No. That’s not the case. He actually joined us before we released the version, so that couldn’t have been the case. So Konrad is one of the main architects of multiplayer, and back in late October we – me and Jack – announcing that in November that we would be at last getting through to multiplayer. And Konrad was super excited, we were all super excited, to get on to that. And then in the first week of November our publisher called up and said, well, sorry about this, but the server system that you use called Polargy, we’re going to close down and you need to re-write the entirety of your server code that drives Godus under this new system–

RPS: Sorry, you’re saying that this is the publisher, but the PC version doesn’t have a publisher.

Peter Molyneux: Yes, I know, but you’re talking about everyone in the world playing Godus not being able to play Godus any more.

RPS: But you said that the PC version doesn’t have a publisher, but the publisher is the reason you had to take away the framework that allowed the multiplayer.

Peter Molyneux: Yeah, I know, but John, these things–

RPS: No, but you just told me that he started working for you before the alpha came out so that wasn’t possible.

Peter Molyneux: I think he had had a temporary– He certainly came to the studio– Let me ask. [shouting in background] Konrad!

[in distance] Konrad: Yeah?

Peter Molyneux: When did you first come to 22cans?

Konrad: [inaudible]

Peter Molyneux: December. 2013. Is that– No, that’s not before the alpha.

RPS: No, long after.

Peter Molyneux: I was wrong. But it’s not a lie.

RPS: OK, so you said that Bryan will be God Of Gods for six months. Just to double-check on this. When we spoke to you on 2012 you told us that it would be a significant amount of time, you estimated five or ten years.

Peter Molyneux: We what?

RPS: You said five or ten years, is what you told us.

Peter Molyneux: For what?

RPS: For being God Of Gods.

Peter Molyneux: No, I’ve always said that his reign would only last a certain amount of time but the God of Gods role, if Godus continues to be as successful as it is on mobile, could last that long. I mean there are mobile games that are being played now – and there are webgames that are being played now – that are decades old.

RPS: Let me quote, you said: “By the way, there would need to be enough time to make it meaningful for him in every sense of the word, but we could make it five years, we could make it ten years. I think I wanted before–“

Peter Molyneux: And then later on I came out and said it would be six months. And I said that again and again. What are you trying to do? You’re trying to prove that I’m a pathological liar, I suppose, aren’t you.

RPS: I’m trying to establish that you don’t tell the truth.

Peter Molyneux: I must have given about fifty thousand hours of interviews and I’m sure if you go back over all of them you could– The only result of this is, I’ve already withdrawn mostly from the press, I’m just going to withdraw completely from the press.

[Since this interview was recorded, Peter Molyneux has done at least two other interviews with press on the same subject, including one with The Guardian which he says will be his last.]

Peter Molyneux: No, I’ve admitted that I get dates wrong, I always have got dates wrong. So that’s not much of a crack. We’ve had the student forum, and we started them and closed them down because people weren’t using them. I’m absolutely happy to start them up again. I’ve admitted my mistake on Bryan. The Making Of book we are going to do now but really it should be done at the end. So where’s your big ‘Watergate’?

RPS: I don’t think there’s a Watergate. You’ve got this bizarre agenda for me that I don’t have. If I have any agenda, if I have any goal to come out of this, it would be for you to commit to not continue this cycle of making promises that you can’t keep.

Peter Molyneux: Yeah, I’m totally committed. You, are one of the people, that will drive me out of any press interviews at all. I have done any press interviews–

RPS: Apart from the one to Eurogamer on Monday.

Peter Molyneux: [inaudible ] –about Hololens, you’re not going to have me.

RPS: You spoke to Eurogamer and Gamespot on Monday so that was a couple of interviews.

Peter Molyneux: It wasn’t Monday. It was Eurogamer and Gamespot because of the article you put forward.

RPS: That was Monday, yes.

Peter Molyneux: Was it Monday?

RPS: Yes. So there was press interviews that you recently did, you say that you don’t do them any more, you quite readily do them.

Peter Molyneux: This is not me doing press, this is me reacting to the press. I’m not going to generate any press articles. You go back and have a look. I used to phone up press and I used to invite press into the studio, we don’t do that any more.

RPS: But do you not see that asking you– There’s a massive gap between not overpromising and taking your ball and going home. There’s a huge gap between the two, which could be talking more sensibly and calmly about these things.

Peter Molyneux: Oh, so you want me to talk calmly? You don’t want me to–

RPS: I don’t want you to hype up people so they spend money on products and are excited to get things that they don’t get.

Peter Molyneux: And that’s exactly what I haven’t done for the last twelve months.

[It’s important to note that Molyneux has done plenty of interviews promoting Godus over the last twelve months.]

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 13, 2015, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Sweet baby jesus yes
How mad are you guys going to be if it's Elder Scrolls 6?

Funny thing is I had the same initial response as most people, including Dakar. "Meh"

Dead Island failed to impress and Dying Light seems, on the surface, to be more of the same. It wasn't until recently I watched some let's play vids and started coming around.
Total Biscuit claims that Dying Light tries to be Dead Island with more of an ominous, grown-up storyline, but falls flat. From the way he described it, it sounded like they tried to be as heavy as The Last of Us in an open world.

The gaming center of the internet has been set aflame by a ballsy interview from rockpapershotgun with everyone's favorite over-promiser, Peter Molyneux.

The commentary ranges from well-deserved to this being ambush journalism. Supposedly developers on twitter have not take well to it.
Someone posted it earlier today, and I read the entire thing (for whatever reason). From the opening question, it made me think the Internet has broken journalistic standards of courtesy. You can be a hard-hitting interviewer without being a complete d-bag, and I felt he crossed the line several times with Molyneux.

It felt like a semi-qualified, pretend journalist voicing Redditor rage face-to-face with one of the bigger names in game development history. Molyneux is a ridiculous character, to be sure, but I believe a lot of what he was saying.

P
Feb 14, 2015, 06:37 AM

How mad are you guys going to be if it's Elder Scrolls 6?
Not at all. I like the ES games, so if that is what they have, I'll play that. I don't think it is, though. A new Fallout is much more likely. The last was NV, which was still on the Oblivion engine.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 16, 2015, 12:23 PM

Someone posted it earlier today, and I read the entire thing (for whatever reason).
Because it's fascinating.

From the opening question, it made me think the Internet has broken journalistic standards of courtesy.
I wouldn't go that far. It reminded me more of a 60 minutes piece where they're looking to hold someone accountable (and draw blood).

You can be a hard-hitting interviewer without being a complete d-bag, and I felt he crossed the line several times with Molyneux.
The back and forth interruptions don't look good on paper. I think a better way to conduct the interview would have been to build up to the bug question by demonstrating his misguided claims.

Still, rude or not, we need more interviews like this instead PR regurgitation.

Molyneux is a ridiculous character, to be sure, but I believe a lot of what he was saying.
He believes what he's saying, but it doesn't mean he's ok for saying it. RPS made a good point that he constantly creates these lofty goals and fails to achieve them, and he doesn't learn from his mistakes. The entire breakdown of the kickstarter debacle is galling. He lied to get paid, full stop.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 16, 2015, 01:48 PM

Use the PS TV to sell some cars on GTA Online without leaving my bed on a cold saturday morning. Worth it!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 16, 2015, 03:32 PM

Because it's fascinating.
No doubt about it. I keep going back to the story.

[QUOTE}Still, rude or not, we need more interviews like this instead PR regurgitation.[/QUOTE]

It definitely made me pay more attention to the story.

He believes what he's saying, but it doesn't mean he's ok for saying it. RPS made a good point that he constantly creates these lofty goals and fails to achieve them, and he doesn't learn from his mistakes. The entire breakdown of the kickstarter debacle is galling. He lied to get paid, full stop.
Anyone who knows anything about anything concerning Molyneux should've known better than to actually back a game of his on Kickstarter. It's cute when he lies/exaggerates/deludes himself and wastes a publisher's money, but since it's "real peoples'" money, everyone's losing their minds. No one should've backed this guy. Ever.

The part that can't be excused or explained away is the treatment of this Bryan Henderson guy. They outright lied and broke promises. Molyneux seems unwilling to properly address it in the RPS interview, which means Henderson is screwed out of those promises forever. Molyneux should be held accountable for it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 16, 2015, 03:36 PM

Anyone who knows anything about anything concerning Molyneux should've known better than to actually back a game of his on Kickstarter. It's cute when he lies/exaggerates/deludes himself and wastes a publisher's money, but since it's "real peoples'" money, everyone's losing their minds. No one should've backed this guy. Ever.
Buyer beware is a shit argument for such outright lies, though. In the interview he admits the kickstarter wasn't enough money. Why create stretch goals then? And he sells it as being indie, but goes to a publishers.

There's a big difference between a development failure because you don't know how to allocate time and resources and this.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 16, 2015, 03:43 PM

Buyer beware is a shit argument for such outright lies, though. In the interview he admits the kickstarter wasn't enough money. Why create stretch goals then? And he sells it as being indie, but goes to a publishers.
The question is, "Who holds him accountable?"

I also agree that Molyneux screwed everyone. I'm just trying to figure out if the guy is delusional and overwhelmed by the realities of sitting in the big chair, or if he's a devious money-grabber who deliberately misused and abused Kickstarter funding. Regardless, this is why people probably shouldn't support video games on Kickstarter.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 16, 2015, 03:46 PM

The question is, "Who holds him accountable?"
Isn't the answer obvious? The press!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 16, 2015, 04:42 PM

Isn't the answer obvious? The press!
I don't mean, "Who is going to act indignant and ask tough questions?"

I'm asking, "Who is going to hold him financially responsible?"

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 16, 2015, 05:07 PM

I don't mean, "Who is going to act indignant and ask tough questions?"
You imply there's no financial repercussion for this type of bad press.

I'm asking, "Who is going to hold him financially responsible?"
Aside from making it that much harder for him to peddle his wares in the future, I'm sure lawyers will be sniffing around now.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 16, 2015, 06:08 PM

Aside from making it that much harder for him to peddle his wares in the future, I'm sure lawyers will be sniffing around now.
That's my hope. Get a class action lawsuit started and keep people from developing via Kickstarter with such a haphazard approach.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 17, 2015, 10:54 AM

Jawbone is so excited! Jawbone is so scared!
Sony abandons The Last Guardian trademark - The Last Guardian for PS3 News
UPDATE 3 FEB 17 09:58: SCEE has confirmed to VideoGamer.com that The Last Guardian is still in development, but has yet to comment on the reason for the trademark's cancellation.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2015, 01:33 PM

Don't you mean Hawkeye? Wasn't he the one who bought a PS3 when The Last Guardian was first announced?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 17, 2015, 01:52 PM

I think Jawbone was still biggest fan in waiting

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 17, 2015, 03:12 PM

Oh yeah, for SimCity fans let down two years ago, the challenger, called City: Skylines is/has come out. I watched a little video of it and it looks exactly like SimCity from afar, with a black GUI instead of white. Cities are supposed to be much, much larger, better road construction/options, etc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules