Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Russian Connection

The Russian Connection (Page 7)
OreoCookie
May 24, 2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Yep. When Scooter Libby was interviewed, the identity of the person who "outed" Plame was already known and there was no need to interview him. Fitzpatrick wanted a scalp. Cheney was his target, but settled for Libby.
How about we go back to consistently enforcing laws? Libby broke the law and, given the sentences others have received, got off lightly. You can also remove the quotation marks from outed.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

subego
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2017, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
That's a different argument.
To the question of whether he's being investigated/surveilled?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 11:43 AM

45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 24, 2017, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
To the question of whether he's being investigated/surveilled?
In regards to Russia

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 24, 2017, 11:55 AM

This says it's a conspiracy theory. So, par for the course, I guess.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
There is no Russian "thing", no matter how much you and the rest of the Left want there to be. However, there appears be yet another murder connected to the Clintons. The sheer number of bodies left in their wake is staggering.
And when you get done talking ....

REP. TREY GOWDY (R), SOUTH CAROLINA: Did evidence exist of collusion, coordination, conspiracy, between the Trump campaign and Russian state actors at the time you learned of 2016 efforts? (OAW: Notice the qualifier.)

JOHN BRENNAN, FORMER CIA DIRECTOR: I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals and it raised questions in my mind, again, whether or not the Russians were able to gain the cooperation of those individuals.

I don't know whether or not such collusion -- and that's your term, such collusion existed. I don't know. But I know that there was a sufficient basis of information and intelligence that required further investigation by the bureau to determine whether or not U.S. persons were actively conspiring, colluding with Russian officials.
BRENNAN: It is traditional intelligence collection tradecraft in terms of you meant, which is to identify individuals that you think are either very influential or rising stars, and you will try to develop a relationship with them in the Russians frequently will do that through cutouts or through false flag operations. They won't identify themselves as Russians or as members of Russian government. They will try to develop a personal relationship and then over time they will try to get individuals to do things on their behalf.

And that's why again, having been involved in a lot of counterintelligence cases over the years and seeing this pattern over and over again, my radar goes up when I see that the Russians are actively involved in a particular intelligence operational campaign and that U.S. persons are being contacted by a Russian officials.
BRENNAN: So I can only repeat what I said, which is that I was aware of intelligence and information about contacts between Russian officials and U.S. persons that raised concerns in my mind about whether or not those individuals were cooperating with the Russians, either in a witting or unwitting fashion, and it served as the basis for the FBI investigation to determine whether such collusion -- cooperation occurred.

GOWDY: All right, well, there are a bunch of words that start with C floating around. I asked you about collusion, coordination and conspiracy, and you used the word "contact." And I think in a previous answer you did a really good job of establishing that contact could be benign or not benign. So was it contact that you saw? Was it something more than contact? What is the nature of what you saw?

BRENNAN: I saw interaction and -- aware of interaction that, again, raised questions in my mind about what was the true nature of it. But I don't know. I don't have sufficient information to make a determination whether or not such cooperation or complicity or collusion was taking place. But I know that there was a basis to have individuals pull those threads.

GOWDY: I don't want to put words in your mouth, but you saw something that led you to refer it to law enforcement, and in your judgment, it is up to law enforcement to test, probe, corroborate, contradict, otherwise investigate the full nature of that information you passed on. Is that a fair way to put it?

BRENNAN: Yes, it is because it's not CIA's job to make a determination about whether a U.S. person is cooperating, colluding, or whatever in some type of criminal or legal matter.

It is our responsibility to give the Bureau everything that they need in order to follow that path and make such a determination and recommendation if they want to press charges.

GOWDY: All right. We'll pick it up next time.
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1705/23/cnr.04.html

Now this is coming DIRECTLY from the former Director of the CIA. Under oath! And then Trump goes and fires the person leading the investigation that is charged with determining whether or not active "collusion" took place between the Russians and his campaign. Yet unsurprisingly you choose to simply dismiss all of this out of hand.

As for that other nonsense you've latched onto ....

Sean Hannity done talking about Seth Rich and WikiLeaks ‘for now’ as Fox News retracts story | Washington Post

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 12:52 PM

This says it's a conspiracy theory. So, par for the course, I guess.
AZCentral is owned by Gannett/Tegna and is left of center. It's the local paper as well. Of course they will say it's a conspiracy theory.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post

OAW
So, the Obama IC was investing Trump since at least last July. You would think if they had turned up any evidence it would have been "October Surprised" since Obama was so concerned about protecting his legacy by ensuring Hillary's election. Yet when asked if there was evidence that vote counts were changed in Ohio, Michigan, etc, the answer is no.

Hillary lost because she did not do her job and was out campaigned by Trump in the states he won that Obama carried. I guess the Russians hacked her brain and told her to stop campaigning in Wisconsin and the other states.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 01:17 PM

So, the Obama IC was investing Trump since at least last July. You would think if they had turned up any evidence it would have been "October Surprised" since Obama was so concerned about protecting his legacy by ensuring Hillary's election. Yet when asked if there was evidence that vote counts were changed in Ohio, Michigan, etc, the answer is no.

Hillary lost because she did not do her job and was out campaigned by Trump in the states he won that Obama carried. I guess the Russians hacked her brain and told her to stop campaigning in Wisconsin and the other states.
You're conflating separate issues. Probably intentionally. No one has made any allegations that the Russians hacked into actual voting machines and changed votes. But that doesn't mean they didn't engage in other types of hacking to influence the election. The latter is the universal assessment of the US intelligence community. The US intelligence community has also made the universal assessment that members of the Trump campaign had contacts with Russians that warranted further investigation. The FBI is tasked determining if such contacts amounted to "collusion". Just because votes that were cast weren't changed by Russian cyber attacks doesn't make potential collusion by Trump campaign officials in other areas any less criminal.

OAW

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 24, 2017, 01:30 PM

The 'Obama' IC. Says it all.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 02:02 PM

As I have posted before, the Russians/Soviets have been trying to influence our elections for nearly a hundred years. Dick "toe sucker" Morris claims if the Russians did do OT on the 2016 election, it was payback for Bubba meddling in their elections.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/bi.../08/id/747327/

President Bill Clinton meddled in Russian affairs in the 1990s and helped Boris Yeltsin get elected to a second term, political analyst Dick Morris told Newsmax TV.

During an appearance on "America Talks Live" Thursday with host Steve Malzberg, Morris — who worked for Clinton during the 1996 presidential campaign — said the former president relied on him to help Yeltsin win.
"Hillary [Clinton] on Saturday gave a speech warning [Russian President Vladimir] Putin against interfering in the U.S. elections. The FBI has talked about foreign interference and Obama has warned about it," Morris said. "This goes back to something that happened in 1996.

"When I worked for Clinton, Clinton called me and said, 'I want to get Yeltsin elected as president of Russia against Gennady Zyuganov, who was the communist who was running against him. Putin was Zyuganov's major backer
It became public that Clinton would meet with me every week. We would review the polling that was being done for Yeltsin that was being done by a colleague of mine, who was sending it to me every week. We, Clinton and I, would go through it and Bill would pick up the hotline and talk to Yeltsin and tell him what commercials to run, where to campaign, what positions to take. He basically became Yeltsin's political consultant.

I think that Putin resented that, hated it, thought that it was an inappropriate intervention by Bill Clinton and I think he's determined to take his revenge out on Hillary Clinton."
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 03:49 PM

And when you get done talking ....
That's why I'm not reading your replies anymore, FYI. If you replied to subego or Dakar that way, they'd reem your ass. Grow up, FFS.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 03:53 PM

As I have posted before, the Russians/Soviets have been trying to influence our elections for nearly a hundred years. Dick "toe sucker" Morris claims if the Russians did do OT on the 2016 election, it was payback for Bubba meddling in their elections.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/bi.../08/id/747327/
The Russians didn't force Hillary to work under the table with the DNC against Sanders, that's the margin that cost her the victory in the Midwest.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 06:06 PM

That's why I'm not reading your replies anymore, FYI. If you replied to subego or Dakar that way, they'd reem your ass. Grow up, FFS.
Oh please! And when you get done talking this latest nonsense everybody knows you stop replying when someone confronts you with these little things called facts and you have no evidence to form some semblance of a rebuttal. No one forces you to make ignorant posts that are so easily debunked. So don't whine like a petulant child because other forum members have enough sense to not simply take you at your word.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; May 24, 2017 at 06:22 PM. )

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 06:29 PM

I belive this the story subego was refering to in the general news thread.
There was a Russian dupe, James Comes
Me thinks there will be a reopening.
From the Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.77cd359fb972
A secret document that officials say played a key role in then-FBI Director James B. Comey’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation has long been viewed within the FBI as unreliable and possibly a fake, according to people familiar with its contents.

In the midst of the 2016 presidential primary season, the FBI received what was described as a Russian intelligence document claiming a tacit understanding between the Clinton campaign and the Justice Department over the inquiry into whether she intentionally revealed classified information through her use of a private email server.

The Russian document cited a supposed email describing how then-Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch had privately assured someone in the Clinton campaign that the email investigation would not push too deeply into the matter. If true, the revelation of such an understanding would have undermined the integrity of the FBI’s investigation.

Current and former officials have said that Comey relied on the document in making his July decision to announce on his own, without Justice Department involvement, that the investigation was over. That public announcement — in which he criticized Clinton and made extensive comments about the evidence — set in motion a chain of other FBI moves that Democrats now say helped Trump win the presidential election.

The document, obtained by the FBI, was a piece of purported analysis by Russian intelligence, the people said. It referred to an email supposedly written by the then-chair of the Democratic National Committee, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), and sent to Leonard Benardo, an official with the Open Society Foundations, an organization founded by billionaire George Soros and dedicated to promoting democracy.

The Russian document did not contain a copy of the email, but it described some of the contents of the purported message.

In the supposed email, Wasserman Schultz claimed Lynch had been in private communication with a senior Clinton campaign staffer named Amanda Renteria during the campaign. The document indicated Lynch had told Renteria that she would not let the FBI investigation into Clinton go too far, according to people familiar with it.

Current and former officials have argued that the secret document gave Comey good reason to take the extraordinary step over the summer of announcing the findings of the Clinton investigation himself without Justice Department involvement.

Comey had little choice, these people have said, because he feared that if Lynch announced no charges against Clinton, and then the secret document leaked, the legitimacy of the entire case would be questioned.

From the moment the bureau received the document from a source in early March 2016, its veracity was the subject of an internal debate at the FBI. Several people familiar with the matter said the bureau’s doubts about the document hardened in August when officials became more certain that there was nothing to substantiate the claims in the Russian document. FBI officials knew the bureau never had the underlying email with the explosive allegation, if it ever existed.
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2017, 06:50 PM

WHAA!!!
Grow up.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 27, 2017, 07:11 PM

As I have posted before, the Russians/Soviets have been trying to influence our elections for nearly a hundred years.
What conclusion am I supposed to draw from this fact?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 28, 2017, 02:19 PM

What conclusion am I supposed to draw from this fact?
"Putin did it" is an excuse made up to rationalize Hillary's failure to get an EC victory over Trump, despite all dirt kicked up by the LWMSM media. Her campaign pulled every card from the deck, and still lost.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 5, 2017, 05:42 PM

So, I guess this is probably legit because the leaker's already been arrested.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/...2016-election/

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 5, 2017, 06:18 PM

"Putin did it" is an excuse made up to rationalize Hillary's failure to get an EC victory over Trump, despite all dirt kicked up by the LWMSM media. Her campaign pulled every card from the deck, and still lost.
...and how does that connect to "the Russians/Soviets have been trying to influence our elections for nearly a hundred years"

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 5, 2017, 06:24 PM

So, I guess this is probably legit because the leaker's already been arrested.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/...2016-election/
Haven't had time to read it? What's so important someone got their ass in jail for leaking this?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 5, 2017, 07:16 PM

The amount of water the GOP will carry for Trump on the russia thing is disgusting.
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/867093598650720256
Trey Gowdy, senior GOP member of House Intel, downplayed Brennan's testimony, telling me it's not unusual for Russians to contact campaigns

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 5, 2017, 07:23 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e_iOSApp_Other
Sources with knowledge of the investigation said the former Ukip leader had raised the interest of FBI investigators because of his relationships with individuals connected to both the Trump campaign and Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder whom Farage visited in March.
The source mentioned Farage’s links with Roger Stone, Trump’s long-time political adviser who has admitted being in contact with Guccifer 2.0, a hacker whom US intelligence agencies believe to be a Kremlin agent.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 5, 2017, 07:33 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0ab_story.html
The White House and a Russian state-owned bank have very different explanations for why the bank’s chief executive and Jared Kushner held a secret meeting during the presidential transition in December.

The bank maintained this week that the session was held as part of a new business strategy and was conducted with Kushner in his role as the head of his family’s real estate business. The White House says the meeting was unrelated to business and was one of many diplomatic encounters the soon-to-be presidential adviser was holding ahead of Donald Trump’s inauguration.
Sleuthing:
The bank and the White House have declined to provide the exact date or location of the Kushner-Gorkov meeting, which was first reported in March by the New York Times.

Flight data reviewed by The Washington Post suggests that the meeting may have taken place on Dec. 13 or 14, about two weeks after Kushner’s encounter with Kislyak.

A 19-seat twin-engine jet owned by a company linked to VEB flew from Moscow to the United States on Dec. 13 and departed from the Newark airport, outside New York City, at 5:01 p.m. Dec. 14, according to positional flight information provided by FlightAware, a company that tracks airplanes.

The Post could not confirm whether Gorkov was on the flight, but the plane’s previous flights closely mirror Gorkov’s publicly known travels in recent months, including his trip to St. Petersburg this week.

After leaving Newark on Dec. 14, the jet headed to Japan, where Putin was visiting on Dec. 15 and 16. The news media had reported that Gorkov would join the Russian president there.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 5, 2017, 07:35 PM

I feel like there's an easy way for the administration to diffuse all this suspicion: If all those people (Sessions, Flynn, Kushner) were doing their duty and meeting and setting up foreign relationships, then release a list of all the non-russian people they met with between election day and inauguration. Right?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 5, 2017, 07:42 PM

Forgot this gem: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.d908b5e04c7c
Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

The meeting also was attended by Michael Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser.

The White House disclosed the meeting only in March, playing down its significance.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 5, 2017, 10:30 PM

Haven't had time to read it? What's so important someone got their ass in jail for leaking this?
The info: right before the election, the GRU spearphished a bunch of election officials, and tried to spy on a company which makes voting software.

Importance: regardless of whatever political axes people may have to grind, this was classified, and the leaker probably just fried a bunch of useful assets.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 5, 2017, 10:48 PM

It's looking like the main reason they snapped up the leaker so quickly is both The Intercept and the leaker did a poor job of covering tracks.

The leaker communicated on a work laptop, and The Intercept left clues on a document they used.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 6, 2017, 12:07 AM

The info: right before the election, the GRU spearphished a bunch of election officials, and tried to spy on a company which makes voting software.

Importance: regardless of whatever political axes people may have to grind, this was classified, and the leaker probably just fried a bunch of useful assets.
The significance here being that this is more aggressive than previously alluded to? They still didn't flip any votes, and I guess I'll have to wait and see what tech blogs say Russia could have accomplished had they succeeded.

Still, I don't see why to leak this. While it tells us that Russian interference was worse than previously alluded to, unless you're one of those people who pretends 'anonymous sources' is the reason you don't believe any of this Russian news, it merely confirms what is already roundly accepted. Plus, I could see this being shed light on in future when the IC investigations are closer to complete. It coming out now changes nothing (One possibility I've heard is this could end up becoming a topic during testimony this week.)

I'm going to just conclude the revelation is beyond my pay grade.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 6, 2017, 12:08 AM

It's looking like the main reason they snapped up the leaker so quickly is both The Intercept and the leaker did a poor job of covering tracks.

The leaker communicated on a work laptop, and The Intercept left clues on a document they used.
I did see that. That makes me think the leaker thought they were doing something more important than they really were. Amateur hour.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 6, 2017, 01:55 PM

I'm told one of the ways this got tracked to Winner was the fold.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 6, 2017, 02:15 PM

AFAICT, the big revelations here are.

1) Calling out the GRU specifically, especially after Putin's denials.

2) They got in to at least one company which does election related software, and likely stole whatever they could.

3) They launched an attack from that company on election officials, and likely pwnt a bunch of them.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 6, 2017, 09:43 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...gation-n743291
House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes said Thursday he will temporarily step aside from the committee's investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election after coming under harsh criticism.

The California Republican cited ethics complaints leveled against him alleging he violated House rules by discussing classified information after making the explosive claim there may be evidence backing up President Donald Trump’s accusation that members of President Barack Obama’s administration conducted surveillance on Trump campaign aides.
The ethics investigation does not necessarily mean a violation has occurred. Still, Nunes said it is in the "best interests" of the Intel committee and Congress for him to temporarily step aside.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politi...obe/index.html
House intelligence committee Chairman Devin Nunes declined Tuesday to say if he had stepped aside from the House Russia probe -- deflecting questions about his role one week after he signed off on the first subpoenas in the investigation.

"Good try," Nunes said, when asked if he had stepped aside and if he would continue signing subpoenas. Nunes announced in April he was temporarily stepping aside from leading the investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 elections, citing a series of ethics complaints filed against him.
What is with this guy?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 7, 2017, 02:14 PM

When your denial is too specific

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2017, 02:21 PM

When your denial is too specific
Is it? The accusation is specific.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 7, 2017, 02:33 PM

It'd been two months since the dossier leaked. Seems an odd thing to have fresh in the mind.

This coming from someone who thinks the peeper tape is too outrageous to be real.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2017, 02:49 PM

If it's actually untrue, I can see it, umm, pissing someone off enough it gets name-checked.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 7, 2017, 03:00 PM

May I remind you here that we're not dealing with a normal person.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 7, 2017, 03:05 PM

Here's the red flag to me: he states he had nothing to do with Russia then comments on being in Russia. More importantly we all know Trump is grasp of details is so low that there's no way he would assume he was being recorded. That strikes me as 'loyal honesty' type adoption of facts

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2017, 03:34 PM

I can buy Trump thought he was being recorded. He deals with mobsters.

What he was saying is "I have nothing to do with Russia [the FBI cares about]".

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 7, 2017, 03:40 PM

*smirk*

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2017, 07:04 PM

The Left are starting to sound, and behave, like Birthers.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2017, 10:51 PM

So if they can't get him for selling out to Russia, why is no-one trying to get him for all his dodgy money laundering/stealing through his charities?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 7, 2017, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
So if they can't get him for selling out to Russia, why is no-one trying to get him for all his dodgy money laundering/stealing through his charities?
The New York AG has been investigating his charity since before the election.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2017, 06:12 AM

The New York AG has been investigating his charity since before the election.
It seems others have gathered enough info to publicly accuse him of using not just his own foundation but his sons to commit various crimes. WTF is taking them so long, its not like he isn't causing tremendous damage while they fanny about.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 8, 2017, 09:48 AM

Gotta get the paper trail in order and complete. You don't just start prosecuting on the basis of one potentially illegal transaction.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 8, 2017, 09:50 AM

AFAICT, the big revelations here are.

1) Calling out the GRU specifically, especially after Putin's denials.

2) They got in to at least one company which does election related software, and likely stole whatever they could.

3) They launched an attack from that company on election officials, and likely pwnt a bunch of them.
I may have found a reason for the leak. Last week it was circulating that the admin might give back the properties Obama expelled the Russians from. This makes such a move inexcusable.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2017, 11:52 AM

Frankly, if they can't nail the Clintons over the Haiti scam, they can't catch anyone.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2017, 04:08 PM

The Left are starting to sound, and behave, like Birthers.

Chris Matthews: Trump-Russia collusion theory 'came apart' with Comey testimony

"The assumption of the critics of the president, of his pursuers, you might say, is that somewhere along the line in the last year is the president had something to do with colluding with the Russians … to affect the election in some way," Matthews said on MSNBC, following the testimony.

"And yet what came apart this morning was that theory," Matthews said, listing two reasons why. First, he said Comey revealed that "Flynn wasn't central to the Russian investigation," and secondly, he said that kills the idea that Flynn might have been in a position to testify against Trump.

"And if that's not the case, where's the there-there?" Matthews said.
For Chris
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jun 14, 2017, 11:03 PM

I did see that. That makes me think the leaker thought they were doing something more important than they really were. Amateur hour.
The real reason, is incredibly stupid. Which makes sense, given how the entire thing was handled.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/leaking-sec...ry?id=47858751
On March 22, The Intercept hosted a podcast online looking at, among other things, the public outcry over Russia's alleged collusion with associates of President Donald Trump and the Kremlin's alleged interference in last year's presidential election.

Host Jeremy Scahill said "there is a tremendous amount of hysterics" and "a lot of premature conclusions being drawn around all of this Russia stuff," but "there's not a lot of hard evidence to back it up."

Appearing as a guest on the podcast, Intercept reporter Glenn Greenwald agreed, saying that while "it's very possible" Russia was behind election-related hacks last year, "we still haven't seen any evidence for it."

Little more than a week later, Winner allegedly used a Gmail account to contact The Intercept, and she "appeared to request transcripts of a podcast," court documents said.

More than a month later, the NSA secretly issued the classified document now at the center of the leak case. And within days, Winner allegedly found it, printed it out and mailed it to The Intercept.
I'm inferring she liked the Intercept and was dismayed with their stance, so she tried to correct them with evidence.

Forum Links
Forum Rules