Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.04 => 9.1 cross language

9.04 => 9.1 cross language
ervier
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2001, 06:24 AM

Recently I've upgraded to 9.1 because of OSX. I had a Dutch version of OS 9.04 installed, and used the English 9.1 to upgrade. I lost all settings, like screenresolution, and the control panels reside in a different folder, so they don't work anymore. Is this normal, and does it happen too when you stay with the same language? I was very suprised that this happened, and not in a pleasant way. It reminded me of some other OS.

------------------
"Chance is irrelevant. We will succeed."
== Seven of Nine ==
== 7 of 9 ==

Flurk
Apr 25, 2001, 04:03 PM

You should always use the updater of the same language.
Your settings are not lost.
Reinstall OS 9.0 Dutch (clean install) and put the folder "Voorkeuren" from your old folder into the new "Systeemmap"
I suppose you will find 2 folders "Extensies" and "Extensions" in the old system folder that you updated from 9.04 NL to 9.1.
Good luck

ervier  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2001, 06:05 PM

Well Flurk ( I will continue in English), it seems OS X can't handle 9.04. What I hoped for was that programs like disk warrior and techtool would continue to work without having to reinstall them. And it seems that I lost my bookmarks in IE5. And that's the most stupid thing, because this is the one thing that would have been saved if it was installed in a different folder, and just this one isn't.

------------------
== Seven of Nine ==
== 7 of 9 ==

Forum Links
Forum Rules