Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Help me Clean Install 9.1!! I am a little slow,..

Help me Clean Install 9.1!! I am a little slow,..
tmarengo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2001, 10:24 AM

Hey all-

Running iMac DVSE w 384MB Ram, OS 9.1

Many of my progs have been running shabbily, and I need to clean install 9.1. When I try to do clean installl, I cant because of my HD being my active hard disk. When I try to start off the System Restore Disk (OS9.0), the mac wont start and tells me to update the drivers!

Please help me to clean install os9.1! I have the disk image 9.1 update, and I have a CD writer, if that helps things at all...

Thanks!

Cipher13
Apr 25, 2001, 10:50 AM

Um... have you installed Silver Lining? Have you formatted the HD with a driver like FWB's HDTK?

Try resetting your PRAM... at startup, hold Apple-Option-P-R and let go on the third chime...

Then try. Have you tried booting from another disc? What you may have to do is use your OS 9.1 System, strip it down, and make a custom startup disc from that.

Make a disc image of the 9.0 install disc, then chuck your custom system on it, and burn it as bootable...

You're not trying to start from the CDRW are you? Unplug it and try again. From your normal drive. Unless it is the CDRW... which DVSE is it?

------------------

TotalMac
Apr 25, 2001, 10:50 AM

Does anyone know what happened to www.macosrumors.com? They seem to have dropped off the air, despite their being one of the best (i.e. most accurate) Macintosh rumor sites...perhaps Apple clamped down hard on stolen information???

Cipher13
Apr 25, 2001, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by TotalMac:
Does anyone know what happened to www.macosrumors.com? They seem to have dropped off the air, despite their being one of the best (i.e. most accurate) Macintosh rumor sites...perhaps Apple clamped down hard on stolen information???
Ha. Funny. No. How about you post this somewhere remotely relevent. Go to the OSX General forum. There is a locked thread there with the new location.

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules