Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Rattling noise in "Wind Tunnel" Dual 1Ghz G4

Rattling noise in "Wind Tunnel" Dual 1Ghz G4
isotropy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2002, 01:15 AM

en noiticing a rather faint rattling noise comming from the inside of my new Dual 1GHZ "Wind Tunnel" G4. The fans on mymachine never seem to kick into high gear thankfully, and remain at a nice dull roar 95% of the time.

But lately, in the last week or so, there's been a faint rattling noise that cycles on and off for about 5 seconds every minute.

I'm guessing that one of the fans is loose, but I don't really want to go monkeying around with all the different fans inside the machine. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and knows what could possibly be making the noise?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2002, 07:20 PM

It's not unusual for your fans to rattle, this is something that, today, is quite common.

My g4 has a fan that rattles (in the PSU I think), and one of my PCs does as well, *shrug* nothing to worry about, really
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Forum Links
Forum Rules