Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > HTML email in EntourageX?

HTML email in EntourageX?
foamy
Senior User
Nov 30, 2001, 09:55 PM

Okay, it's really easy to compose an email as HTML in entourage, but how in the hell do you take an existing html file and send it's source as an email?

We want to do one of those really annoying newsletters that come into your inbox as a webpage, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to do it.

Any suggestions? Mail.app doesn't send HTML, only plaintext and RTF.

TIA

Ron Goodman
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 1, 2001, 06:22 PM

If you know people consider these newsletters to be really annoying, why are you trying to send them out?

foamy  (op)
Senior User
Dec 1, 2001, 06:53 PM

The owner of the business wants to send out a newsletter which looks like a webpage... simple as that. That said, the frequency of the newsletter in question is about 1 newsletter every month or so.... the ones I find annoying are the ones I get every single day.

MattCe
Dec 1, 2001, 09:15 PM

Originally posted by foamy:
<STRONG>Okay, it's really easy to compose an email as HTML in entourage, but how in the hell do you take an existing html file and send it's source as an email?

We want to do one of those really annoying newsletters that come into your inbox as a webpage, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to do it.

Any suggestions? Mail.app doesn't send HTML, only plaintext and RTF.

TIA</STRONG>
Go to AppleScript Central and search for "Complex HTML". There you will find what you need.

Annoy away...

Matt

foamy  (op)
Senior User
Dec 2, 2001, 12:27 AM

Thanks for pointing out the applescript.

I found that Mozilla mail allows you to insert HTML source into an outgoing email very easily, so I'll be using Mozmail to annoy

dtc
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2001, 03:35 PM

Entourage X allows you to insert pictures/movies directly. That's a step in the right direction I suppose.

<STRONG>Thanks for pointing out the applescript.

I found that Mozilla mail allows you to insert HTML source into an outgoing email very easily, so I'll be using Mozmail to annoy </STRONG>

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2001, 06:33 AM

So M$ has chosen to continue the cripiling of the PRO Mac mail reader by not including functions of the Free (with OS) Windows mail client. I was hoping this feature would have been added to the X version. can anyone tellme the point of being able to 'View Source' if you can't do anything with it. Gah!

mfessenden
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2001, 11:01 AM

It stinks....Outlook for Windows has a lot more options for formatting email, including the ability to use HTML files as templates for signatures. Don't get me wrong; I'm thrilled that Entourage now runs under OSX, but just giving the program a visual makeover with few feature changes is kind of a lazy upgrade.

-M

dtc
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2001, 02:56 PM

I think Carbonizing Office took more than the 2 weeks that Steve Jobs likes to say.

Originally posted by mfessenden:
<STRONG>It stinks....Outlook for Windows has a lot more options for formatting email, including the ability to use HTML files as templates for signatures. Don't get me wrong; I'm thrilled that Entourage now runs under OSX, but just giving the program a visual makeover with few feature changes is kind of a lazy upgrade.

-M </STRONG>

masskinner
Dec 5, 2001, 01:23 AM

<STRONG>The owner of the business wants to send out a newsletter which looks like a webpage... simple as that. That said, the frequency of the newsletter in question is about 1 newsletter every month or so.... the ones I find annoying are the ones I get every single day.</STRONG>
Well consider this: If thirty businesses only send you their spam once a month, but they all do it on different days of the month, then you will end up with spam every single day--this despite the "good intentions" of said businesses.

So your little distinction between once-a-day-spamming and once-a-month-spamming isn't very compelling.

Forum Links
Forum Rules