Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Entourage X synch

Entourage X synch
etymologist
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2001, 05:27 PM

Everyone who uses a handheld device wants synching. But I also need a different kind. I need to keep the Entourage X on my desktop synched with the same program on my iBook. But I can't seem to find instructions on any Microsoft help site. Do any of you know how it can be done? Thanks.

-Q-
Dec 7, 2001, 12:59 PM

There's no real way to set up Entourage to sync mailboxes AFAIK. Your best best is to set one of the machines to leave a copy of each message on the server so that both machines get get the emails and such.

The only real way to sync the calendars would probably be a Palm (which doesn't work in X yet).

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2001, 02:09 PM

It's on the way. Here's what Microsoft had to say in Entourage Help:

Where are the Handheld Synchronization files?

The Microsoft Entourage conduit is not included in Microsoft Office X. However, files for directly synchronizing Entourage with a handheld will be posted on the Mactopia Web site as soon as they are available. For information and updates, visit http://www.microsoft.com/mac.

If you want to move information from a Palm handheld to Entourage, you can first synchronize the handheld with Palm Desktop and then import the data from Palm Desktop to Entourage. To import the information from Palm Desktop to Entourage, click Import on the File menu, and then follow the instructions in the Import Assistant.

iTrey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2001, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by etymologist:
<STRONG>Everyone who uses a handheld device wants synching. But I also need a different kind. I need to keep the Entourage X on my desktop synched with the same program on my iBook. But I can't seem to find instructions on any Microsoft help site. Do any of you know how it can be done? Thanks. </STRONG>
microsoft's solution to this is to get an exchange server.

dtc
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 10, 2001, 03:49 PM

Not really. Entourage doesn't have exchange support.

If you join the entourage talk mailing list, I think there's discussion going on about creating a giant syncing applescript

Originally posted by iTrey:
<STRONG>

microsoft's solution to this is to get an exchange server.</STRONG>

Forum Links
Forum Rules