Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Color Differences Between Safari + Other Browsers (IE, Firefox)

Color Differences Between Safari + Other Browsers (IE, Firefox)
Dark Sailor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2006, 03:07 PM

I've recently began doing some basic web design. In Dreamweaver I chose a background color (#001B39) and then created a .jpg in Photoshop CS with borders that are the same color according to the color selection function in Photoshop. I then placed the image into my web page in the open Dreamweaver app. But, when I go to view my work in progress in Safari, the colors don't match up. However, when I view the page in IE or Firefox, the colors match up fine.

Anyone else ever experience this? What is the reason for it? And what can be done to solve the issue?

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Feb 25, 2006, 03:13 PM

Make sure you save with a sRGB profile.

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 25, 2006, 03:20 PM

The reason is that some browsers do colour adjustments with ColorSync according to the colour profile that is saved with the image and other browsers don't do it (or maybe some browsers do it incorrectly).

You should be able to avoid this problem by saving your images without a colour profile.

Dark Sailor  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2006, 01:41 AM

Colour profile in the images was causing the issue, and the advice helped me fix the problem. Thank you so much, fellas.

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006, 08:54 AM

Now, if only Photoshop didn't have a bug that made it always save profiles in PNG files.

Forum Links
Forum Rules