Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > “Update” for the Same App Every Day

“Update” for the Same App Every Day
ghporter
Administrator
May 16, 2020, 11:40 AM

On my iPhone (currently on iOS 13.4.1, but this has been going on for a while), I have one app that offers to update through the App Store every day. Every single day. Not a new version or update, no “x.x.x.2” change, just the same version, but available for update every day.

The app is Nike Run Club, and I’ve been using this app and its progenitors for as long as I can remember. I bought my first Air Pegasus shoes because they had the little hollow in the sole for the Apple/Nike run sensor...

There have been real updates. The last one was at the end of April, and yes, the changes in the app are visible and working. But when I update it, it runs and works. And the next morning it’s there in the App Store list of updates again.

Nike’s support isn’t bad, but it’s all online and menu driven, without actually addressing (that I could find) this issue.

So... Anyone have any ideas beyond the (already done several times and didn’t fix the issue) uninstall, restart the phone and then reinstall tactic?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Thorzdad
May 16, 2020, 06:48 PM

It almost sounds as if the last update didn’t set whatever bit is necessary to validate the update to the servers, so it keeps telling you to update.

reader50
Administrator
May 16, 2020, 06:54 PM

Too bad this problem never happens with bank transfers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules