Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Magic Mouse 2 - Worth It?

Magic Mouse 2 - Worth It?
Mac User #001
Mac Elite
May 6, 2020, 10:17 PM

So I am in the market for a wireless mouse to go with my new MacBook Air and I couldn't help but look at that super sexy Space Gray Magic Mouse... But that price tag! Can anyone sell me on it?! Worth it? Part of me is happy enough with the trackpad but I do light gaming here and there and I can't see the Magic Mouse holding up for that very well.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

reader50
Administrator
May 6, 2020, 11:12 PM

Still using my Logitech MX518. They got it right - why mess with perfection. Well OK, it's not wireless. Fine for my desktop, but less convenient for notebook users.

I don't have an actual suggestion for you, sorry. The only wireless mouse I've tried was an Apple one, with the too-small scroll ball on top. The right button failed, and Apple mice are not designed to be repaired. Or even taken apart for cleaning.

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
May 6, 2020, 11:19 PM

That's... not a sell. I'll be honest I haven't really heard good things from anyone!

Thorzdad
May 7, 2020, 06:25 AM

I like the original MagicMouse quite a bit (despite, as Reader says, their inability to be repaired. I'm on my third MM.) I'm not as keen on the MM2, though, basically because of the recharging aspect. I'd much rather use replaceable batteries and have the mouse die from overuse than die because it won't hold a charge anymore despite being in otherwise good shape.

subego
Clinically Insane
May 10, 2020, 10:46 AM

Personally, love the AWM, but MMs have always felt glitchy to me.

Given up on the AWM, though. They break. Had a half-dozen and they’re all deader than dirt.

Mac User #001  (op)
Mac Elite
May 20, 2020, 12:10 AM

The Logitech MX Master 3 really has my attention but it seems to be out of stock right now very nearly everywhere... It's actually offensively impressive how many "Bluetooth" mice out there require that little USB port hogging device.

subego
Clinically Insane
May 22, 2020, 04:49 PM

I have the MX Master 25. It seems good.

I don’t use it very often. It’s for my business partner who doesn’t like trackpads.

Forum Links
Forum Rules