Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > USB audio on a G4 Sawtooth?

USB audio on a G4 Sawtooth?
warpmoon
Forum Regular
Dec 24, 2005, 04:36 PM

Hello,

I have a new (unopened) USB Headset (Trust HS-4100) and I am wondering what the chances of it working on my oldie G4 Sawtooth are. The Sawtooth has USB of course, but it was the model before the "Digital Audio" computers came out, does that matter?

Trust's homepage does not list Mac compatibility, nor does it let you download drivers for Mac OS X, which certainly makes me wonder...

I can't return the headset if I open the package, so any hints or ideas on whether or not it will work are greatly appreciated.

Other than that, what are my audio options? I have a line-in (plaintalk only...) and a normal line-out for speakers. Will USB audio work? Or do I have to get a soundcard to be able to use normal headsets? What is to be expected of the audio quality?

Thanks in advance,
Happy Holidays.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2005, 07:51 PM

Digital Audio just means the system itsself had digitial audio output onboard. Your Sawtooth, or any USB equipped Mac, should work fine with a USB audio device (of course, you need one that is Mac compatible).

Forum Links
Forum Rules