Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Force Feedback

Force Feedback
JL!
Mar 20, 2001, 04:55 PM

What the heck is "force feedback"? They're polling about it on games.macnn.com, and I've never heard of it.

JL!
If senility were a race, I would win.

bleen
Senior User
Mar 20, 2001, 05:28 PM

There is the Joystick by Microsoft called the "Sidewinder Force Feedback." (I don't know of any other joystick besides MS') What happens is depending on what game you're using the joysick will have more force when doing something to give it more of a realistic effect. i.e. If you're using an Airplane simulator depending on what kind of turn you're having it do it would be harder to turn it one way then another.

The poll asks if developers should add the technology to the game, but Microsoft only made the orginial "Sidewinder" for the Mac, and I haven't heard of any of the Force Feedback joysicks being designed for the Mac. If the Joystick is USB then all MS needs to do is write the drivers for it.

Guy Incognito
Banned
Mar 20, 2001, 06:50 PM

What...there actually were people that answered 'No'? Well I've got a a poll for those people:

How do you want your b!tchslap?

a) sideways
b) upside-down
c) both a) and b)

Blakhawkg3
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 10:28 PM

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the Mac OS doesn't support force feedback or something. bleen, its not just that one ms joystick....theres a whole bunch of racing wheels, joysticks, and gamepads for windows that use it

Forum Links
Forum Rules