Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Look! A News Story About Dogs!

Look! A News Story About Dogs!
anti-sleep
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 2, 2006, 05:37 AM

I can't believe Cody hasn't posted this yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ...ups/index.html

Cubeoid
Baninated
Feb 2, 2006, 07:41 AM

*paging Cody Dawg to the Lounge*
*paging Cody Dawg to the Lounge*

Ω
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 07:56 AM

People suck.
"angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress"

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 2, 2006, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ω
People suck.
They do. But sucking can be good, too.

See here: http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=283967

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 10:17 AM

I saw a story about that on our local news last evening. Just so very sad. Such evil, greed, and cruelty.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Tardbus
Banned
Feb 2, 2006, 10:21 AM

I think they should find out who did this, and punish them. Punish them by cutting open their bellies and inserting a balloon filled with gingerale and alkaselzer. Then sew them back up, and watch them plead for you to take it out as their torso slowly expands and they blow up and crawl around on the floor with the intestines laying out on the wall, wasting the last few seconds of their lives trying in desperation to put all their organs back into their abdomen.

BUt that's just me.

cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 2, 2006, 10:32 AM

There will be a special punishment awaiting these people.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 2, 2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl
There will be a special punishment awaiting these people.
Where ? In the PWL ?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 11:08 AM

Yes, I did see that.

I think it's terrible.

But I know that they do the same thing with people - drug mules - too so I'm not surprised by it.

Anyone who smokes pot or gets high is contributing to the problems such as these because they're buying the crap and creating the market for abuses like this.

For instance, I know Pam Anderson tokes a lot (saw her personally in Miami about 2 months ago in a club toking up) yet she'll be the first one on the bandwagon to complain about this horrible treatment of these animals. Yet, she's helping produce the drug market that then has to use such methods to get drugs into the country.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 2, 2006, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
Yes, I did see that.
WHAAAAT ? And no new thread ?

SLACKER

Tardbus
Banned
Feb 2, 2006, 11:09 AM

Anyone who smokes pot or gets high is contributing to the problems such as these because they're buying the crap and creating the market for abuses like this.

For instance, I know Pam Anderson tokes a lot (saw her personally in Miami about 2 months ago in a club toking up)
!?!?! Cody, you're talking nonsense. Pot isn't smuggled into the states much. It's grown here. It's a freakin weed. If you're going to smuggle drugs people choose high dollar items, not pot.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 11:14 AM

For instance, I know Pam Anderson tokes a lot (saw her personally in Miami about 2 months ago in a club toking up) yet she'll be the first one on the bandwagon to complain about this horrible treatment of these animals. Yet, she's helping produce the drug market that then has to use such methods to get drugs into the country.

I'm not a user, but marijuana has very little to nothing to do with the problem outlined in this story, and Tardbus made an apt comment.

Heroin was the smuggled "good," here, so take it up with the coked-up, not toked-up.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 11:31 AM

Oh, come ON.

Here's the deal: People who use, USE.

Meaning that they usually use other drugs, eventually, including cocaine and eventually heroin.

It's a "gateway drug." Link.

Additionally, if a person has any psychotic or schizophrenic predispositions, using pot (or other drugs) almost virtually guarantees full-blown progression into those mental illnesses.

Lastly, pot has more carcinogens than smoking cigarettes (cancer causitives), leads to infertility, is a contributor to heart attacks, and the list goes on and on.

I'm so sick of people saying that smoking pot is "harmless." It's not. And it does lead to experimentation of other illegal drugs.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 11:46 AM

Oh, come ON.
Don't roll your eyes at me!

Meaning that they usually use other drugs, eventually, including cocaine and eventually heroin.

There is little evidence that marijuana is a "gateway drug," as the propagandistic term was first used. People that use marijuana are not more likely to use harder drugs because of that use; it just happens that people that are likely to use hard drugs will probably start with marijuana. There's also the fact that marijuana has been illegal for the past 30 or so years, and that will influence the average type of user--many potential casual users won't bother. Alcohol is a drug and is arguably worse for you than marijuana; alcohol is also likely tried by people before harder drugs...so should we call alcohol a "gateway drug" as well?

Additionally, if a person has any psychotic or schizophrenic predispositions, using pot (or other drugs) almost virtually guarantees full-blown progression into those mental illnesses.

Lastly, pot has more carcinogens than smoking cigarettes (cancer causitives), leads to infertility, is a contributor to heart attacks, and the list goes on and on.

I'm so sick of people saying that smoking pot is "harmless." It's not. And it does lead to experimentation of other illegal drugs.

No one is saying it's harmless. However your brief bouts with its use are overblown here. And the belief that marijuana itself leads to other illegal drugs is fraught with fallacy.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 11:52 AM

So says you.

Why don't you get neurosurgery performed by a neurosurgeon who is high on pot, okay?

Then come back and talk to us.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 11:54 AM

So says you.

Why don't you get neurosurgery performed by a neurosurgeon who is high on pot, okay?

Then come back and talk to us.

What?

So says me what?

Sorry Cody, but you lost me, come again?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 11:55 AM

Can you imagine the ramifications on society?

Say Martin Luther King was a pot smoker.

Yeah, he would have said, "I have a dream...but I can't remember it."

Y3a
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 12:02 PM

Feed those drug traffickers to a pack of rotweilers. ALIVE!

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 12:09 PM

Can you imagine the ramifications on society?

Say Martin Luther King was a pot smoker.

Yeah, he would have said, "I have a dream...but I can't remember it."

You're exaggerating. I wouldn't want a drunk surgeon, either.

And can you definitively say that Dr. King never smoked pot?

Steve Jobs took LSD and called it one of the 2 or 3 most important things he's done in his life. We might not have Apple as we know it had he not gotten high. Crick supposedly envisioned the double helix while on LSD...how stilted would science be otherwise?

Queen Victoria took marijuana for menstrual cramps. A lot of famous people through history have used it.

Your argument is weak here, Cody; I'd suggest concession.

paul w
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 12:16 PM

Stay away from pot cody. However that drinking and driving thing- keep that up!

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 12:20 PM

I don't drink and drive drunk, paul w, you ass.

Anyway, I'm sure pot has some therapeutic qualities for some people. Like people suffering from disease. But I think it needs to be made legal and regulated so that it isn't abused.

That goes for most narcotics, too. Take enough Vicodin and go out and drive around and you're a menace to society also.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue this point.

I'm bowflexing right now!

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 12:29 PM

Hi Cody,

Hope that your family is well. Really miss a chat with you.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 2, 2006, 12:30 PM

Awesome

Why drink & drive, if you can smoke and fly !

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Feb 2, 2006, 12:46 PM

Cody moronic post #1251523411

Cody moronic post #1251523412

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 12:52 PM

Glad you're keeping track, Huge Wanker.

paul w
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 01:04 PM

Ok, I'm sorry, I vaguely remembered you posting about driving home tipsy. Of course these misunderstandings happen when you post stuff about your personal life here. My bad/your bad I guess.

Great!

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 01:06 PM

I like your sig.

Is that a picture of you?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 2, 2006, 01:11 PM

I like your sig.
Is that a picture of you?
Obviously a photo

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tardbus
!?!?! Cody, you're talking nonsense. Pot isn't smuggled into the states much. It's grown here. It's a freakin weed. If you're going to smuggle drugs people choose high dollar items, not pot.
LOL you don't know much. BC Bud is traded south for Heroin because Heroin is worth more here and BC Bud is worth more in LA.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 02:27 PM

Oh, come ON.

Pot is not a gateway drug. I would say tobaco is. I know tons of people that smoke pot once in a while, for years never touching anything else. Same with ppl that drink once in a while. None of them smoke cigs. I also know pot heads and drunks and whats common they smoke cigs. In fact most of those guys have done the harder stuff too. This gateway crap is just that, crap.

rparke1
Banned
Feb 2, 2006, 02:42 PM

i'd have to agree with cody on this one. no matter what drug you do, if it makes you feel good, after a while itll take more and more to make you feel just as good, and eventually youll want to get the same high goodness without as much, hence the entire gateway drug talk cody is saying. to get a feel good thing goin at first, you need just a little than your body gets use to it and it takes even more. eventually the body needs so much that its basically a waste of money to buy a lot of pot for a high that you use to get with just a little bit. this is when, if the person is desperate enouph for a good feelin, they go into stronger drugs. so yes, cody is right, weed is a gateway drug.

i think i saw someone mention that they have friends who do it every once and a while and they dont need to do stronger drugs or something like that.

again im going to point out the body getting use to the drug. if the people you know only do it every once and awhile, there bodys havent built up a resistance to the drug. if the people you know do it all the time, than yes, what i mentioned at the start of my post would happen.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by rparke1
i'd have to agree with cody on this one. no matter what drug you do, if it makes you feel good, after a while itll take more and more to make you feel just as good, and eventually youll want to get the same high goodness without as much, hence the entire gateway drug talk cody is saying. to get a feel good thing goin at first, you need just a little than your body gets use to it and it takes even more. eventually the body needs so much that its basically a waste of money to buy a lot of pot for a high that you use to get with just a little bit. this is when, if the person is desperate enouph for a good feelin, they go into stronger drugs. so yes, cody is right, weed is a gateway drug.
In theory that's convincing, which is why so many people believe it. However, in practice it just doesn't work that way. I'm reminded of the recent Canadian ban on pit bulls. The legislation is against a breed of dog, yet the dog itself is not the problem, so much as the type of owner associated with any maulings.

Cannabis itself likewise has no truly evidential link to higher drugs, just as alcohol does not. The problem is the illegal-based society that currently surrounds most cannabis use in the U.S.

i think i saw someone mention that they have friends who do it every once and a while and they dont need to do stronger drugs or something like that.

again im going to point out the body getting use to the drug. if the people you know only do it every once and awhile, there bodys havent built up a resistance to the drug. if the people you know do it all the time, than yes, what i mentioned at the start of my post would happen.
People build up resistance to the effects of alcohol, too, but you don't see drinkers automatically move up to hard drugs to fill that gap.

Ironically, recreational cannabis users are more likely to feel stronger effects not the first time, but several times later, as the body becomes acquainted with the toxins.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 06:51 PM

which is why smokes are the real gateway. Its already proven that when some one smokes a cig it makes a person more sensitive to the feelings and effects of other drugs, be it caffine, Coke, Weed, Booze even sex.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Athens
even sex.
More people should smoke before they get laid rather than after!

rparke1
Banned
Feb 2, 2006, 07:11 PM

"People build up resistance to the effects of alcohol, too, but you don't see drinkers automatically move up to hard drugs to fill that gap."

but alot of times they do move up to stronger alcohols if need be.

"Ironically, recreational cannabis users are more likely to feel stronger effects not the first time, but several times later, as the body becomes acquainted with the toxins."

sounds right, i should of thought of that, ill slueth

"which is why smokes are the real gateway. Its already proven that when some one smokes a cig it makes a person more sensitive to the feelings and effects of other drugs, be it caffine, Coke, Weed, Booze even sex."

thank you

" More people should smoke before they get laid rather than after! "

thatd make the kissing part during sex not all that great, which personally is the 2nd best part of it

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 07:28 PM

Hi rparke!

All I can say is this:

Clay Aiken is now proven gay via National Enquirer (it'll be announced in a few days) and too much of a good thing is not good for you whether it's Clay Aiken, cannabis, nicotine, or...you pick.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 07:46 PM

Hi rparke!

All I can say is this:

Clay Aiken is now proven gay via National Enquirer (it'll be announced in a few days) and too much of a good thing is not good for you whether it's Clay Aiken, cannabis, nicotine, or...you pick.

That is soooo last week

http://www.thesuperficial.com/archiv..._challeng.html

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 07:47 PM

but alot of times they do move up to stronger alcohols if need be.
I'd ask you to quantify "a lot." Most drinkers will not move up to stronger alcohols, but are instead rather content with the moderate drinking of beer or wine. Alcoholics are sometimes an exception, but even then there are plenty of alcoholics that don't dive deeper than watery 3% beer (they just stomach a ton of it, a lot of the time). If cannabis use wasn't restricted by legality, I'd think the statistic would be more readily available, confirming that the majority of users aren't led to the Gate by Mr. Reefer.

thatd make the kissing part during sex not all that great, which personally is the 2nd best part of it
Point taken

FireWire
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
Cody moronic post #1251523411

Originally Posted by Cody dawg

Cody moronic post #1251523412
Quoted for emphasis. I'm not going to start a debate on pot, but I'm just gonna say this: WOW I didn't believe people were still thinking like that in 2006! One could swear he was reading a government propaganda leaflet! Blaming the user for using the product, hence creating a demand for it, is only seeing a part of the problem. What if authorities finally decided to legalize stuff like marijuana, would people need to be that creative in their way to smuggle substance across the border? The demand will always be there, like it or not.

Secondly, saying that marijuana smoking leads to the taking of more harmful drugs, I say this is similar to saying that walking home after school will lead you to hit someone with your car in the future. YES, we can assume that most (or all) of the drivers involved in an accident started out innocently walking on the sidewalk, but it doesn't mean that everybody that you see in the street is going to be a dangerous driver...

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 09:19 PM

Whatever you say, pothead.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 09:37 PM

You know, I think water is bad. 100% of all people who use hard drugs, use water daily. Water is realted to untold numbers of deaths world wide, every year. Water destroys the environment. Water is present in all people when they die. Water is a mulibillion dollar industry, propting many to believe the government controls the water market in order to control the publics deadly addiction to it. Small children are given unrestricted access to water, every day. Water is a key part of the making and selling of all hard drugs. CodyDawg uses water every day. Your body tried to warn you that water is bad by expelling it from your body almost as soon as you drink it. Coke and Pepsi both use water. Water rusts metal. Did you know your dog is 80% water?

Think of the children. Ban dihydrogen monoxide.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ
Ban dihydrogen monoxide.
Did you notice that even its name starts with the sound "die"?

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 10:11 PM

I've never been high or cared to smoke; it doesn't really interest me and I can't say I like the smell. However, our points are valid.

And so, cannabis has nothing, really, to do with this thread's news. Heroin (the smuggled substance) is a lil' bit different.

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 2, 2006, 10:48 PM

There is a special hell for some people. The "people" who did this, in particular, get to go there.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 2, 2006, 11:05 PM

Haha, that reminds me: I once met a guy whose name was "Phil Potead"

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 11:08 PM

Ok, first of all back to the pups- they are not bringing in pot.

They did not volunteer, nor do they get paid.

Heroin and pot have nothing to do with each other and no- they do not lead;.

PUPPIES ARE BEING SACRIFICED! Hello! Back on topic.

Cody, are you drinking- because your love for animals vs logic has gone out the window.!?!

WTF does Clay Aiken have to do with drug smuggling pups?

AS for pot- unrelated to this topic.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 11:24 PM

No I'm not drinking.

The last drink I had was a glass of wine at Christmas.

Yes, back on topic.

I feel sorry for those dogs.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2006, 11:33 PM

OK- but I still wanna know why Clay Aiken came up in this thread.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 11:46 PM

Anyway, I'm sure pot has some therapeutic qualities for some people. Like people suffering from disease.
It hasn't even proven to be statistically effective at that, as far as I know. Glaucoma drugs, for instance (whatever they may be), should be better than marijuana, and there's no evidence that they're not.

I did a course a couple years ago entitled "The Pharmacology of Drug Abuse," and it basically just revolved around a former pharmacist telling us all about drugs, how they're used, what they do, and why he didn't like that particular one. It was pretty interesting, to say the least. He had a great story about how he first met his wife by driving her home after he'd done pot, and she couldn't understand why he was driving so slow.

Anyways, yeah. Nothing against pot, but I think most of the "therapeutic qualities" aren't any higher than the placebo effect, ie. that percentage of people who'd feel better anyways just because they think they're taking something. Maybe some people just like pot.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 11:52 PM

Back to pets?

Hundreds of dead pets found in the woods.

That's some sick bastard who did that, too.

Fairfax County Police Lt. Rich Perez said some of the animals came from that county and indicated that some of the animals found had previously been turned over to Family Pet Cremations.

The Chantilly, Virginia-based company has contracts with the department to dispose of dead, sick or stray animals, Perez said.

"We are disturbed and concerned that animal remains we were turning over to Family Pet Cremations have turned up at this illegal dump site," he said.

The department would look at whether the contract with the company will continue, he said. Calls to the crematorium were not returned.

Jenkins said his agency removed more than 4,000 pounds of animal carcasses, some of them with intravenous tubes in their legs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules