Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Custom Built Gaming PC

FS: Custom Built Gaming PC
[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 16, 2006, 11:10 PM

Hey Everyone,
up for sale here is a custom built gaming pc that I assembled abotu 3 days ago. Here are the specs:

3.06 GHz Pentium 4 Processor With Hyper Threading Technology and EM64T Support for 64 Bit computing (socket LGA 775). This is cooled by an intel fan/heat sink unit NEVER OC'd.

ASUS P5ND2 SLI Motherboard. This Motherboard fetures DDR2 Ram, SATA, Onboard 6.1 HD Audio, USB, Ethernet Port/etc the works. It also has two x16 PCI Express Slots for SLI graphics, as well as 2 regular x1 pci express slots.

XFX GeForce 6500 Graphics card. 128 mb of onboard memory but is able to share another 128 with the main system mnemory.

80 GB Western Digital Caviar SE SATA Hard Drive. 7200 RPM

LiteOn DVD Burner/ CD Burner.16x This drive handles both DVD's as well as CD's to be put to any use you could imagine.

LiteOn DVD Drive (Secondary).
The PC is housed in a all matte black PC Case with 4 5.25" and 2 3.5" expansion bays, as well as 6 other available internal HD bays for expandablility in the future.

512 MB (1x512) Of Ultra Fast DDR2 memory

Windows can be included and a fresh copy of OEM XP Home will be installed for an additional $98.00. OR I can send it out with a free copy of Ubuntu linux installed.

I was thinking to get around $500 shipped for the unit depending on your location. I will also concider trades. I have 100% feedback on ebay under the user name DMPDX >I also have many many transactions under my belt at MacRumors under the same name, DMPDX. If you have any questions, just PM Me. Thanks again.
-dsm

pics:

( Last edited by [email protected]; Aug 17, 2006 at 02:01 PM. )

OneMacGuy
Senior User
Aug 17, 2006, 05:27 AM

You might want to list the speed of the processor? Maybe a better view of the front of the computer? Windows included? Speed of DVD burner and DVD reader?
Chappaquidick 1, Cheney 0

[email protected]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 02:01 PM

( Last edited by [email protected]; Jun 4, 2013 at 01:04 AM. )

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Aug 17, 2006, 04:56 PM

BE CAREFUL BEFORE BUYING THIS.

I spec'd the parts at NewEgg for $343 plus shipping. If it's worth $150 for someone else to put this together, then okay. Also, this is NOT a gaming computer, it's a browsing machine at best.
A good gaming computer has more than 512MB of RAM, and the graphics card was rated 'adequate for business applications and Photoshop and Premiere.' Do NOT expect to be able to play good (Doom 3, Quake 4, etc etc) games with this computer.

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2006, 07:18 PM

wow 500 for 343 + shipping? i think hes charging for labor or something else

im selling a pentium d 940 with 2.5 gigs of ram ati radeon 1600 pro 512 mb, 500 gb of hdd,a sli
ready bfg 650 power supply plus more **** for 500....i think he is overcharging but then again i dont know what he is charging that extra cash for..profit seems resonable any business do it but when you have newegg and dsuch is kinda hard to make profits on forums where everybody is looking for crack head prices.

[email protected]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 09:19 PM

( Last edited by [email protected]; Aug 18, 2006 at 04:01 AM. )

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2006, 01:54 AM

Sorry if I came across as a bit harsh. I'm not saying that's what you paid for the system, I'm saying that someone could put together an identical system for much less. And I do doubt that it plays games 'well' by a real gamers standard. Could you post benchmarks in demanding games such as Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, and Doom 3? Also, no real gamer has only 512MB of RAM or a 128MB graphics card. I'm sorry, but that's just the truth. I'm sure it would be absolutely wonderful at Halo or other three year old games, but a $40 graphics card is not a gaming card.
And are you sure the processor is a dual core? The motherboard box clearly states 'Single Core.' Hyperthreading is not a true dual core, just an emulated one, so you have a single core with HT. Please be careful not to falsely advertise.
And I also recently shipped a B&W G3 (about 25lbs) across the country for less than $30 including packaging, so you might want to rethink your shipping quote.
Good day.
( Last edited by Gossamer; Aug 18, 2006 at 02:02 AM. )

[email protected]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2006, 02:22 AM

[email protected]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2006, 04:02 AM

mattsliva
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2006, 12:45 PM

Any self respecting gaming PC configurator wouldn't even think about putting a "Just PC (USA) Inc" PSU into their new rig.

I agree with Gossamer, not a true, 3 day old, gaming PC. Maybe a 3 year old.

[email protected]  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by mattsliva
Any self respecting gaming PC configurator wouldn't even think about putting a "Just PC (USA) Inc" PSU into their new rig.

I agree with Gossamer, not a true, 3 day old, gaming PC. Maybe a 3 year old.
So its all about brands now? Its a 430 Watt PSU I just checked. 430 watts is 430 watts, brands do not come in to play with that. I am discused to say the least with the respect I am recieving.

-dsm

weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected]
So its all about brands now? Its a 430 Watt PSU I just checked. 430 watts is 430 watts, brands do not come in to play with that. I am discused to say the least with the respect I am recieving.

-dsm

actually it makes a huge difference! why do you think that 400w power supplies differ in price from 15.00-100.00? There are huge quality differences between brands.

and what the heck does this mean? "I am discused to say the least with the respect I am recieving."

Forum Links
Forum Rules