Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Who's going teabagging?

Who's going teabagging?
stumblinmike
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2009, 10:11 PM

Any of our elite wingnuts taking part in this hilarity? I understand if your truly a conservative, it is your DUTY to attend a teabagging. If anyone needs teabags, I will gladly donate some...hahahahahah

Dork.
Professional Poster
Apr 10, 2009, 10:12 PM

You mean that teabagging stuff is real? I thought Wonkette was making it all up....

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2009, 10:17 PM

As real as a heart attack! Which I will be having soon if I don't stop laughing!!!!

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 11, 2009, 09:04 AM

I am sooooo ANGRY about Obama taking away our ultra-rich executive's bonuses -- especially those CEOs that have bonused themselves with taxpayer's bailout money! It's absolutely INFURIATING that these good capitalists aren't being allowed to make a profit by that damn Stalinist Muslin in the White house!!

aauugghh!!

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

LegendaryPinkOx
Senior User
Apr 12, 2009, 11:22 AM

My print shop has been running protest posters for these guys. This is the site they keep plucking pdfs from. http://www.marshbaby.com/teaparty

Funny thing is, when I asked them why they needed these signs, their answer didn't go beyond "We're gonna protest in front of the court house." They certainly didn't seem too interested in explaining anything else to me. I still have no idea what they're trying to do.
are you lightfooted?

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by chris v View Post
I am sooooo ANGRY about Obama taking away our ultra-rich executive's bonuses -- especially those CEOs that have bonused themselves with taxpayer's bailout money! It's absolutely INFURIATING that these good capitalists aren't being allowed to make a profit by that damn Stalinist Muslin in the White house!!

aauugghh!!
WTF are you talking about?
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2009, 02:14 PM

I hope that somebody invites me to their tea party, I LOOOVVEEE tea parties! It's the only reason I keep my barbie dolls around.

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2009, 02:33 PM

Really? She doesn't go right for the tequila slammers?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 12, 2009, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I hope that somebody invites me to their tea party, I LOOOVVEEE tea parties! It's the only reason I keep my barbie dolls around.
Do you have the 50th anniversary Barbies?

45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2009, 06:43 PM

I have no idea if this is true, but it's pretty funny:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_185991.html

Digital cable converters are brainwashing units? College books are brainwashing units? Can you guys top this level of crazy?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2009, 06:50 PM

The best part about that video is when the cable converter brainwash guy told everybody that we "have to get serious now!"

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 05:13 AM

Digital cable converters are brainwashing units? College books are brainwashing units? Can you guys top this level of crazy?
If you read the story carefully, you'll see that the nutjobs quoted aren't necessarily the same as these tea party people. The article is just saying, "These people might even be as crazy as those people!" It's a bit deceptive.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 13, 2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by stumblinmike View Post
Any of our elite wingnuts taking part in this hilarity? I understand if your truly a conservative, it is your DUTY to attend a teabagging. If anyone needs teabags, I will gladly donate some...hahahahahah
Is this really more funny than any of the obligatory liberal functions? Violence at any number of peace rallies and woeful littering at any number of "green" rallies? Of course not, but then I wasn't expecting you to offer up why you thought this form of expression is so laughable other than it wasn't started by someone as serious as Al Franken.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 13, 2009, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
If you read the story carefully...
C'mon Chuckit, everyone knows posting articles is more fun than actually reading them.
ebuddy

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2009, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Is this really more funny than any of the obligatory liberal functions? Violence at any number of peace rallies and woeful littering at any number of "green" rallies? Of course not, but then I wasn't expecting you to offer up why you thought this form of expression is so laughable other than it wasn't started by someone as serious as Al Franken.
That would be Senator Franken, ebuddy. Please show respect for the office. Now, will you be attending any of the rallies, and if so, can I offer you some fresh Tetley bags? HeHeHe!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 08:42 AM

I just thought it was funny. I never said that I thought these were tea party people, although evidently they are project 9-12 people.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 10:07 AM

although evidently they are project 9-12 people.
Who are "they" ?
Why can't they use proper English grammar ?
Who did the "9-12" people estimate come about ?

Or did I just miss the fact that you keep making up stuff, just to be able to stir a discussion ? You know, that's a form of trolling.

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 10:22 AM

Whatever turtle, I just found that article and passed it on because I thought it was funny. You are free to fixate on any of this. Aside from fitting a general theme of rallies and misdirected energy, it may not apply to teabagging. I did not vet the blog posting because I don't really need more evidence to support the fact that morons exist. Like I said, I just found these particular morons funny, whatever the context.

I'm sorry to all those families who have been affected by my errant posting.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 10:23 AM

turtle: would you like to have a virtual tea party over iChat with me?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 10:27 AM

Whatever turtle, I just found that article and passed it on because I thought it was funny. You are free to fixate on any of this. Aside from fitting a general theme of rallies and misdirected energy, it may not apply to teabagging. I did not vet the blog posting because I don't really need more evidence to support the fact that morons exist. Like I said, I just found these particular morons funny, whatever the context.

I'm sorry to all those families who have been affected by my errant posting.
Wow, all that blabbing just to admit that you posted BS. Awesome

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 12:06 PM

I'm sorry, I know that with my history of threads about thoughtful subjects such as Teen Wolf, Patrick Swayze, and moncoles that you are used to a much higher standard of non-BS from me. I temporarily fell down a few rungs, I'm sorry to disappoint - I will see to it that it doesn't happen again!

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2009, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
WTF are you talking about?
Go watch Glenn Beck. He's PISSED that we're abridging the freedoms of America's entrepreneurs, including the dumb-f*cks on Wall Street who just screwed the pooch, then ran with the loot.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2009, 02:45 PM

Go watch Glenn Beck. He's PISSED that we're abridging the freedoms of America's entrepreneurs, including the dumb-f*cks on Wall Street who just screwed the pooch, then ran with the loot.
Oh, sorry. Yeah I don't pay any attention to Glenn Beck. He's weird.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2009, 05:29 PM

burn the books!

can't wait to see more videos of the tea bagging meetings...

finboy
Apr 13, 2009, 08:34 PM

So it's OK to make fun of it when it's a conservative movement, but it's juvenile/racist/homophobic/elitist/warmongering when conservatives point to the crunchy granola types or other protesters and laugh?

Thanks for clearing that up.

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by finboy View Post
So it's OK to make fun of it when it's a conservative movement, but it's juvenile/racist/homophobic/elitist/warmongering when conservatives point to the crunchy granola types or other protesters and laugh?

Assuming your an American, you can protest anything your heart desires. I am all for protests. It's just that you have to have something TO protest. See the difference? Now how many teabags should I put you down for? HaHaHa

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by finboy View Post

You're attempting to use logic with a... oh, what's the P.C. way of putting it? A 'challenged' person.

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
You're attempting to use logic with a... oh, what's the P.C. way of putting it? A 'challenged' person.
Challenged like a fox! Crash, i am saving some front row teabags for you. HaHaHa

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Who are "they" ?
The crazy people quoted in the article.

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Who did the "9-12" people estimate come about ?
It doesn't mean "somewhere between nine and 12 people" -- it means "people associated with the 9-12 movement."
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 14, 2009, 12:46 AM

Challenged like a fox! Crash, i am saving some front row teabags for you. HaHaHa
"front row teabags"? It wasn't very funny in the first place and now you're pounding this unfunny thing so far into the dirt that you're burying your own head with it.

HaHaHalol
ebuddy

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2009, 09:40 AM

"front row teabags"? It wasn't very funny in the first place and now you're pounding this unfunny thing so far into the dirt that you're burying your own head with it.

HaHaHalol
Sorry. I meant to say front row teabag TICKETS. My bad. The seats place you with elites such as Ted "The Nuge" Nugent, Michelle "married to a Rhodes Scholar" Malkin, Laura "Catholic" Ingraham, and Glenn "bend it like Beck" Beck! The fun you'll have...HaHaHa

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 14, 2009, 09:46 AM

Sorry. I meant to say front row teabag TICKETS. My bad. The seats place you with elites such as Ted "The Nuge" Nugent, Michelle "married to a Rhodes Scholar" Malkin, Laura "Catholic" Ingraham, and Glenn "bend it like Beck" Beck! The fun you'll have...HaHaHa
meh. The routine still needs work.
ebuddy

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 14, 2009, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by CarlosMencia View Post
Sorry. I meant to say front row douche bag TICKETS. My bad. The seats place you with elites such as Ted "The Splash" Kennedy, Hillary "married to a Rhodes Scholar Dropout" Clinton, Nancy "Catholic" Pelosi, and Barney "bend the truth " Frank! The fun you'll have...HaHaHa
Fixed
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2009, 11:58 AM

Can somebody get me a hot dog?

Dork.
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2009, 01:12 PM

Wonkette's figured it all out.

(Even if you don't click on that, roll over it and check out the URL...)

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2009, 02:16 PM

Can somebody get me some new material?
Fixed.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 14, 2009, 03:46 PM

He is pissed and he's got good reason to be. Which dumb-f*cks on Wall Street who just screwed the pooch, then ran with the loot is he defending? People love to point at evil CEOs while they're own representatives are bending them over the preverbal counter and getting a hand job by a cigar chomping fat cat holding a donor receipt in his other hand.
ebuddy

The Crook
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2009, 04:01 PM

He is pissed and he's got good reason to be.
Once in a blue moon he might get pissed at something legitimate. But, come on. FEMA concentration camps? On the road to fac/soc/etc/ism? Obama is metaphorically lighting Americans on fire? Honestly, wtf. This stuff is worse than O'Reilly/Hannity by a mile.

Crooked Member of the MacNN Atheist Clique.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2009, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Fixed.
The retarded partisan mud-slinging is much older than my oldest and stalest jokes.

Unless you are being paid by the party you are shilling, don't give them free endorsement. Represent your own ideas, stop letting somebody else represent you, think for you, and use you for their own gains. This is not a football game.

I don't intend this specifically for you, Shaddim, but for everybody here caught up in the idiotic perpetual back and forth horse race.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2009, 04:40 PM

The retarded partisan mud-slinging is much older than my oldest and stalest jokes.
No, your jokes about Steve Gutenberg and his bible are way staler than partisan mud-slinging.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
No, your jokes about Steve Gutenberg and his bible are way staler than partisan mud-slinging.

Good point, I guess I'll have to resurrect those jokes so that they are a little more fresh!

P.S. have you ever seen Teen Wolf, Dork.?

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 14, 2009, 05:34 PM

Just in time for the tax day teaparties…link

One thing is for sure, Obama is keeping his transparency pledge. What he's trying to do is about as transparent as it gets.

( Last edited by smacintush; Apr 14, 2009 at 06:06 PM. )

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2009, 05:36 PM

Unless you are being paid by the party you are shilling, don't give them free endorsement. Represent your own ideas, stop letting somebody else represent you, think for you, and use you for their own gains. This is not a football game.

I don't intend this specifically for you, Shaddim, but for everybody here caught up in the idiotic perpetual back and forth horse race.
I suppose your comments would have more value if you were saying the same thing when Bush was being attacked. Feels different when your politicians are the targets.

This is the political lounge, and we bicker here. If you really are tired of it, don't click the link.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2009, 06:06 PM

Sorry guys, I missed all the fun. You know work and all...Ok, where were we..

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Fixed
Not very Christian, seems to be some pent-up anger issues here...

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2009, 06:11 PM

He is pissed and he's got good reason to be. Which dumb-f*cks on Wall Street who just screwed the pooch, then ran with the loot is he defending? People love to point at evil CEOs while they're own representatives are bending them over the preverbal counter and getting a hand job by a cigar chomping fat cat holding a donor receipt in his other hand.
For this staunch defense of His Beckness, you have replaced "The Nuge" at the right hand of his holiness...

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2009, 06:22 PM

Not very Christian, seems to be some pent-up anger issues here...
Chongo is Christian? That's news to me. I guess you'd assume that I'm Christian too.
- Thomas Paine

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2009, 06:26 PM

Afraid so. Amazing!

stumblinmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2009, 06:28 PM

No. You don't have religious stuff in your sig!!!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2009, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I suppose your comments would have more value if you were saying the same thing when Bush was being attacked. Feels different when your politicians are the targets.

This is the political lounge, and we bicker here. If you really are tired of it, don't click the link.
I've never been a fan of this sort of crap no matter who is in office. I'm just trying to encourage change once everybody has become as thoroughly bored with the status quo as I am.

Forum Links
Forum Rules