Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Apple sold 100K copies of Jag...

Apple sold 100K copies of Jag...
NeXTLoop
Senior User
Aug 27, 2002, 10:18 AM

... in the first weekend, setting a new record for Mac OS sales in a single weekend.

For details...

http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=16128

fulmer
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2002, 11:04 AM

that's quite a lot. $10,000,000 in sales for the weekend on software alone. And I bet hardware sales were way up at their retail locations, too. Bully for Apple on selling a lot, but bad that they charged us loyal 10.1 users so freakin' much in the first place.

bah. if it pushes up their stock price, I (and my apple shares ) are all for it.

GRAFF
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 27, 2002, 11:15 AM

I can tell you 10.2 is hard to find in Paris. I grabbed the last copy from the FNAC Micro store at St. Michel. (It is the only outlet which has a separate sales area devoted to Apple products.) If this keeps up, folks will have to wait a few weeks to get a copy at Apple Expo.

NeXTLoop  (op)
Senior User
Aug 27, 2002, 11:18 AM

At the Apple dealer in my area, they only received 12 copies. I was first in line, but there were around 20 people there.

The Evener
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2002, 11:30 AM

At the local CompuSmart here in Victoria, they had already sold 30 copies of Jaguar, and had 10 to go when I walked in, and that by 11am on Saturday. I think Apple will be pleased with the sales of 10.2, although the experiences of users will continue to be debated here.

"Psssst..."

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 27, 2002, 11:35 AM

We should be seeing this as an upgrade from 8.5 to 9 or any full jump during the classic years. This isn't 9.1-9.2.1. Apple's just using small decimal increments to keep the X name. Simple. All of the 7, 8, and 9 jumps still had generally the same GUI and entire OS feel, as do all the current 10 implementations.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

Forum Links
Forum Rules