Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Weird CandyBar problem

Weird CandyBar problem
Cless
Feb 9, 2005, 06:07 PM

Okay, running OS X 10.3.7 (soon to be 10.3.8, but that's beside the point) and using CandyBar 2.0.1 (my own legally purchased copy, no less!). I really like the new Litho System system replacement set that Iconfactory put out yesterday and went to apply it to my system. One weird problem though�every icon has been changed... except the default folder. I double checked the iContainer, and the icon is there, and CandyBar even shows it as being the default folder icon, but it definitely isn't changed in the Finder.

Any tips?

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2005, 06:18 PM

Did you restart?

Makki
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2005, 08:52 PM

ya CandyBar always prompts for a logout after applying although DJ is right sometimes need reboot.

Makki

Cless  (op)
Feb 10, 2005, 09:11 AM

Yeaaaahh.... boy is my face red. Logged out and back in twice, but a reboot post-10.3.8 update fixed it right up. Thanks guys.

Now we just need to convince Mr. Piraino to make more icons in this style so we can start replacing proggie icons.

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 10, 2005, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Cless:
Yeaaaahh.... boy is my face red. Logged out and back in twice, but a reboot post-10.3.8 update fixed it right up. Thanks guys.
Prior to the system update, did you set your theme+icons to Default Aqua ?

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 10, 2005, 09:58 AM

that is my thang. turn off all bells and whistles before any system or application updates. Never a problem, but it is good to know that the log-out/reboot workflow works too. I keep imagining I am on borrowed time - too many toys running.

Cless  (op)
Feb 10, 2005, 05:09 PM

Nah, didn't bother to restore to Aqua pre-10.3.8 update. I don't run any other hacks like Shapeshifter or what have you, so I'm usually okay as far as that goes. No other problems so far, so I think I'm in the clear.

Forum Links
Forum Rules