Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Frozen partion on windows install

Frozen partion on windows install
possum
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2006, 07:38 AM

Hi Peoples

I just baught an iMac 24 inch and love it.
However, having lots of windows software I want to get windows on it too.

Basically I did everything by the book according to the boot camp install instructions and after having created the 32GB partition and proceeding to install windows - the machine froze on the windows install options.

Basically, when I try and run the install I get a dos-like menu that gives me three options for:
1). XP Home with SP2
2). XP Pro with SP2
3). Tablet PC

When I try and type in the key options to choose any of these i get no response and the machine basically won't go anywhere.

I even tried a PC keyboard instead of the mac keyboard- no effect.
I tried removing the mouse - no effect.

I am using a MSDN version of XP with SP2 and I have heard there are issues.. so what I have done is to do the slipstreaming option on a normal version of XP Pro, so that it now is with SP2.

So even though I have tried to now set the partition back to just a single Mac drive, rebooted, and then gone back into boot camp assistant and changed the Windows partition size to 20GB.

However, even with the new XP with SP2 disc (not the multi-option MSDN CD) it is still bringing up the original 3 options for instlal.

I am currently unable to do anything to fix this bar set the partition back to a single mac partition and just do without windows until I can get a mac expert to help me :-(

Can anyone help me?

Forum Links
Forum Rules