Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Your thoughts on MBP retina screen quality

Your thoughts on MBP retina screen quality
pigmode
Apr 6, 2015, 01:54 PM

I'm finally close to ordering a new mb(p). Had a 15" on order months ago, but got 2nd thoughts and cancelled that one.

Research on the web for this kind of purchase can be double edged, and that's been my result here. I see a bunch of buyers going through exchanges or multiple exchanges due to color issues. This would principally be yellowish whites, and or inconsistent tint across the screen.

You end up with the impression a rMBP purchase is something of a crap shoot (which it is to a small extent).

P.S. Apparently iMac 5k's are a bigger crap shoot.

ibook_steve
Apr 6, 2015, 02:54 PM

I have a late 2013 rMBP 15" and it is stunning. I'm not sure where you are reading about screen issues, but I love mine and have had zero problems with it.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

pigmode  (op)
Apr 6, 2015, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
I have a late 2013 rMBP 15" and it is stunning. I'm not sure where you are reading about screen issues, but I love mine and have had zero problems with it.

Steve

Read at another apple discussion board. Will admit I'm particular about picture quality, but not sure I'd have the same level of dissatisfaction.

reader50
Administrator
Apr 6, 2015, 05:56 PM

People are more motivated to complain than they are to compliment. For this reason, customer complaints tend to be a far larger percentage of feedback than the actual good/bad units shipped.

Forum Links
Forum Rules