Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Computer Building Question

Computer Building Question
madsenj37
Mar 16, 2003, 04:34 AM

First of, My main computer has always been and will always be a mac. I am not replacing it. That said I want to play around with BeOS and dual processor computers. I am having a problem getting the computer to start up however. I do not know if teh problem is the power source or the motherboard. When I try to turn it on nothing happens. I am curious if the fans should at least spin or something or if anyone has any idea what could be wrong?
- Joel

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 16, 2003, 04:38 AM

Fans should definitely come on, that's for sure. But that's all I could tell ya.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 16, 2003, 05:44 AM

did you check all the conections, on the mobo, the power switches, leds, the actuall psply plug.

if so i say you are pretty much fuked the fanse should be the first thing to turn on

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2003, 05:45 AM

if the fans don't power up, your motherboard's not plugged in properly. check the connection between the power supply and the motherboard. sometimes they're two seperate plugs that go into adjacent ports on the 'board. you might have reversed them.
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Forum Links
Forum Rules