Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Help! Powerbook screen went white!

Help! Powerbook screen went white!
pseudo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2004, 11:52 AM

Don't know why this is happening, but when I got home from work and woke my powerbook (15" Al 1.25 Ghz, 1 gig ram, OSX 10.3.5) from sleep the display went all "white". It is almost like everything has gone all frosted, or you are looking through thick fog... or that the contrast has been adjusted to very very low. 5 fiddled with Displays preference and found that everything else works as before (changing rez, hooking up to external monitor/TV) and changing color sync profile doesn't help. One thing that I have done in the office that is out of the ordinary today: I hooked it up with a new HP 17" LCD monitor with a DVI connection. It worked fine, no problem whatsoever. Then this. Has this happened to any of you? I hope it is not a hardware problem (my one year warranty expires on 19th SEP! One day away!). As it is, I can still use this to type this out, but the screen makes me feel like I have gone half blind!

iDu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2004, 04:25 PM

Um... Call Apple? Especially before your warranty runs out, or get Apple Care.

Forum Links
Forum Rules