Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > to good to be true? (or anyone have experience with this co?

to good to be true? (or anyone have experience with this co?
zanyterp
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2004, 08:48 AM

morning all, and sorry if this is in the wrong spot. . .i wasn't sure where it fit and this looked like a good spot.

i was wondering if any of you had experience with or heard anything about a company that goes by www.isaveclub.com ?? they have excellent prices on powerbooks and powermacs (and a free ipod for signing up) but i also figure there has to be a catch somewhere and i am just not seeing it. any brilliant ideas, other than "if it is too good to be true, it probably is?"

thanks!!
some people are like slinkys: they don't do much, but are fun to push down stairs.

iDu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2004, 10:07 AM

Its a scam, they don't actually offer those products, they just offer "suggestions" on how to get the best price. And after you register and send them the $19.00 you have to go to http://www.freeipods.com/ to get your free iPod. So they are not offering iPods themselves.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2004, 12:23 PM

Sounds like iDu has fallen victim
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

iDu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2004, 01:34 PM

Actually I haven't, but I clicked on the link in here then looked at the prices on the site. After seeing that a 1.8 GHz DP PowerMac was a little over $800 it indicated this was a crock. I googled "isaveclub" and found out all that info on them. Its too bad that some people have fallen for, and will continue to fall for, that scam.

Forum Links
Forum Rules