Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Cheap, Small Laptop Desks

Cheap, Small Laptop Desks
bblair00
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 18, 2003, 01:34 PM

I did a search of the forums and didn't find any thread that tackled the topic of where to look for inexpensive computer desks.

Specifically, I am looking for a cheap (possibly used) laptop desk, for use with a TiG4. It should be small, can fit in a corner (doesn't have to), I'm not overly picky but it has to be WITHOUT a keyboard tray. I hate keyboard trays.

Any ideas, suggestions?

I've checked on eBay, and I have only found a lot of junk. I checked ikea.com, and they have some unique options, but I am really looking to just get a used one.

And, if anyone is selling a small desk that sounds like what I am looking for, I'd be willing to talk about it.

Thanks

selowitch
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 02:34 PM

Specifically, I am looking for a cheap (possibly used) laptop desk, for use with a TiG4. It should be small, can fit in a corner (doesn't have to), I'm not overly picky but it has to be WITHOUT a keyboard tray. I hate keyboard trays.

Thanks
Well, they're not exactly cheap, but <http://www.levenger.com> does have some lovely options. Also, Anthrocart is a great brand. Sorry if this isn't really helpful.

I likewise despise keyboard trays. They are way too confining and tend to create too much distance between my eyes and the display. Up with Bluetooth!

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 24, 2003, 12:13 AM

I was going to say Levenger and Anthro, even before I read the above post.

As said above though, s'not cheap.

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Dec 24, 2003, 03:37 AM

I was going to recomend ikea then I reread your post about how ikea didn't work out. I still think you should go there in person. I know they have good tables for around $50 you could put in a corner. My whole office is 50s kitchen tables and stuff from ikea. If you still want to go used, the junk on ebay is probably as good as it gets.
( Last edited by iMOTOR; Dec 24, 2003 at 03:49 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules