Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple Product Support Sucks

Apple Product Support Sucks
Lon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 19, 2004, 06:29 PM

Apple Product Support Sucks.....

I got an iPod for Xmas. The ear buds are defective.After visiting the Apple Support Site and sending threee-mails about it to Apple in the last three weeks, I've had no response from them. I took the time to give them the info they demanded to be allowed into the iPod Support section, (I really resented having to give a friend's phone number as an alternative contact) let them know of my problem and then was ignored.
My first Mac was a Mac Plus. I now have an iMac. Obvious to me is that this problem is not worthy of Apple's attention. My next box will probably be a Linux box because Apple couoldn't care less about my ear buds so I don't care to buy any more Apple products. Their business practices suck.

Lon ([email protected])

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2004, 06:47 PM

pick up the phone and call them.

-r.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2004, 07:38 PM

800 275 2273 > call them, press a few buttons, speak to a human, and tell him about your earbuds.

i have had nothing but amazing service from apple.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2004, 08:30 PM

Well it sounds like you've made up your mind about Apple already. Do you do this with all companies you buy products from? You have one "bad" experience (this isn't even close to being a real bad experience) and you boycott the company?

As the other two posts said, pick up a phone (you remember how to use a phone?) and call Apple. Yes, you'll have to wait on hold for a while, but they WILL solve your problem on the spot. Better yet, go to an Apple retail store or an Apple authorized reseller and bring in your iPod/Earbuds. They will replace them on the spot if your warranty checks out.

Apple's customer support is rated as one of the best around, and probably the best in the industry. I find it funny that you are going to ditch your Mac for a Linux box. Can't wait to hear your stories of trying to get support for that thing!

Yandi's Carcass
Banned
Location: Plastered across downtown Doha, after my car explodes. Dead Chechen leaders: 0. Russian FSB: 3
Feb 19, 2004, 09:05 PM

don't be such a jerk--you didn't need to post this in multiple forums.

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2004, 09:19 PM

Apple's customer support is in the top 5 for tech companies. I've had only good experiences with them, excepting some long periods on-hold during peak times. They've even agreed to fix things out of warranty.

I didn't even know you could e-mail them with support requests. It seems to me as if it would be much more effective and convenient to call -- that way you can give them any additional information they need, and make sure your issue gets resolved before you hang up.

Give it a try, most CSRs are very nice there.

fizzlemynizzle
Senior User
Feb 19, 2004, 09:24 PM

Somebody call the WAAAHmbulance.

are you allergic to a telephone?

new newton
Banned
Feb 19, 2004, 09:28 PM

I'm generally quite supportive of people who have legitimate complaints. This strikes me as being just plain silly. When I want something done, I pick up a phone. When I complain about a lack of support, and use it as an excuse to do business with another firm, I don't pick another firm that isn't a firm and offers no support. But that's just me.

Personally, I don't think someone that can't figure out how to work Apple's support organization is going to last five minutes with Linux. They won't even be able to download a distribution properly, let alone make an educated choice of distributions.

Nebrie
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2004, 01:29 AM

Not even 5 minutes. He'd better get used to RTFM for all his email responses, if Linux users respond at all. I am consistently amazed how many people try to use the threat of jumping ship to companies with industry-known bad support (Gateway) or operating systems they clearly know nothing about (Linux)

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2004, 04:09 PM

1) ear buds can be as cheap as $10
2) tech companies have bad tech support in general, AND Apple is ranked the best of all the computer companies (beter than Dell)
3) It probably is not worth the postage to send you another pair of cheap headphones. Do yourself a favor and buy a descnet pair of sony's, or whatever fits you best.

To complain about earbuds is rediculous, at first I thought this was a joke.

Force
Force

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2004, 04:39 PM

Force

timmerk
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2004, 01:15 AM

Lon is a funny troll. I like how he thinks he will get better support from Linux. Oh wait....

ryju
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2004, 09:57 AM

Apple's customer support is ranked #1 out of all computer companies...there must be a reason for this. Call them

dantley
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2004, 11:42 AM

Are you kidding? You're wasting all your time because of some ear buds?

Forum Links
Forum Rules