Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Ford Racing 2 coming to Mac?

Ford Racing 2 coming to Mac?
madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
May 7, 2004, 02:37 PM

Anyone else catch this weeks The Gamesome Mac radio show? I didn't have time to listen until today.

Towards the end of the show David Stephen, the owner of Feral, said that this summer Feral would be releasing Ford Racing 2 and as a budget game (new price sub $30 and possibly sub $20).

There is no "official" news of this on the Feral website yet, but Stephen did say that just last week the offer to port the game was accepted.

You can listen to the show on demand at:
http://www.macradio.com/monday/

a2daj
Mac Elite
May 7, 2004, 04:49 PM

It's true. IMG reported it as well in their Feral Friday news update.

madmacgames  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 7, 2004, 06:00 PM

"Feral Friday" is something that Feral publishes every friday on their site (they missed last week though), and this week did not contain anything about Ford Racing 2.

IMG got their news of Ford Racing 2 from some French site, who got it from the same place I did, this weeks The Gamesome Mac show. Other than the brief mention of it on the show by David Stephen, there has been no official word on it, and it was not part of Feral Friday (at least not yet).

riotge@r
Forum Regular
May 7, 2004, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by madmacgames:
Anyone else catch this weeks The Gamesome Mac radio show? I didn't have time to listen until today.

Towards the end of the show David Stephen, the owner of Feral, said that this summer Feral would be releasing Ford Racing 2 and as a budget game (new price sub $30 and possibly sub $20).

There is no "official" news of this on the Feral website yet, but Stephen did say that just last week the offer to port the game was accepted.

You can listen to the show on demand at:
http://www.macradio.com/monday/
Why in the world would you want this game? It is crap!
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz

a2daj
Mac Elite
May 7, 2004, 11:13 PM

Originally posted by madmacgames:
"Feral Friday" is something that Feral publishes every friday on their site (they missed last week though), and this week did not contain anything about Ford Racing 2.

IMG got their news of Ford Racing 2 from some French site, who got it from the same place I did, this weeks The Gamesome Mac show. Other than the brief mention of it on the show by David Stephen, there has been no official word on it, and it was not part of Feral Friday (at least not yet).
I always considered any Feral news posted on Friday as Feral Friday news. If you're not going to believe the owner, then who are you going to believe?

madmacgames  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2004, 02:20 AM

Originally posted by a2daj:
I always considered any Feral news posted on Friday as Feral Friday news. If you're not going to believe the owner, then who are you going to believe?
last I checked Feral doesn't own IMG

BTW my post on this had nothing to do with IMG, so why you even brought it up in the 1st place is a bit of a mystery.

a2daj
Mac Elite
May 8, 2004, 07:22 PM

Why? It should be pretty clear. IMG reported that Ford Racing 2 was heading over for OS X. Regardless of their source they still reported it. Don't see how that wasn't clear.

I never said Feral owned IMG. To quote your own post "David Stephen, the owner of Feral, said that this summer Feral would be releasing Ford Racing 2."

Forum Links
Forum Rules