Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Burning Bootable CD w/Toast & 9.1--Problem

Burning Bootable CD w/Toast & 9.1--Problem
bbreen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2001, 11:00 PM

I have followed previous threads on burning bootable CDs for OS 9.1 (and my G4 w/superdrive), and I eventually purchased "Toast Titanium" . It makes great data and Audio CDs, BUT here is my question/problem--

When I copy (or duplicate) a bootable CD, I get a nice bootable CD which works. When I try and create an original one with a blessed system folder, I cannot get it to boot. I have tried using the system folder on the Apple G4 install CD, figuring that would work, and I have tried using the system folder on the Techtool Pro CD. The one from Techtool Pro (3.0.3) won't boot at all. The CD made with the Apple G4 Install CD system folder will start to boot but then freezes after about 20% progress showing on the progress bar.

All I want to do is create a bootable CD with a system folder in it (not a copy of another bootable CD). I know Toast Titanium can do it--what system folder should I use? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Barry
[email protected]

Cipher13
Jul 2, 2001, 06:19 AM

Using your install CD, do a core system install - then use that system as your bootable CD's System Folder. Trim it down by hand if you like.

That will work. Its what I always use.

Forum Links
Forum Rules